Author Topic: For any writers out there  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
For any writers out there
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »
If there are any writers out there who are interested in writing tips. The author David Farland sends out daily emails to people on a mailing list giving all types of writing/editing/getting your work published tips. If anybody wants to get on that list just PM me and I will give you his email and instructions on how to get on the list.

His emails have been a huge help to me, since I hope to be a writer. He has said that he has editors, publishers, best seller authors and first time authors like me on the mailing list, so it is basically for anyone. These are way interesting, and he has a been a writer for years so he knows what he is doing. If you are interested let me know.

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
Re: For any writers out there
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »
Are you a member of Writing.com?  You should really check it out if you're not.  It's a great online community for writers where you can get tons of useful feedback from other members.  Basic membership is free.  I've been on there for almost three years now.  If you sign up, I'd appreciate it if you did it through the link below so I get credit.   ;D

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/sheiky?rfrid=sheiky

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »
Not 100% on topic, but I really like this blog:
http://www.copyblogger.com/

It's more or less focusing on blogging and how to monetize blogging, but I find it interesting anyway.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:48:23 AM »
And even further off topic, I really like that word 'monetize'.  It sounds like something Early Cuyler might say on Squidbillies. 

"I'm lookin' to monetize my current financial situation with this here blog..."

I'm checking out that blog though 'cause I'd like to do some monetizin' myself.