Author Topic: Cin Tit DVD covers  (Read 25892 times)

Offline Rhindle The Red

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
  • Booking passage on the Cinematic Titanic
    • Ed Wood Online & The Hunt for Edward D. Wood, Jr.
Re: Cin Tit DVD covers
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Here's mine, already posted at the CT forum:

--
Philip R. Frey
a.k.a. "Rhindle the Red"
Founder / Editor, The Hunt for Edward D. Wood, Jr.
www.edwoodonline.com

Watching "365 Films A Year!"
www.thelogbook.com/365Films

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 12:28:32 PM »
Very Nice Rhindle!

Very Nice Indeed!! :clap: :clap:

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

Kind of funny to see all the frames from the film side by side. It makes it appear as if there's an endless parade of pyramids filled with riffers~

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »
I think I put in everyone's suggestion.   Tempted to go too crazy with distressing the CT logo sign and putting too many stickers on it......

Unless someone has any other suggestions, I think this might be done.   Any comments?

I think we have another month before the next release, so there is time to tweak.

http://pslowner.smugmug.com/gallery/2651674#243481932-L-LB

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 04:01:35 PM »
Unless someone has any other suggestions, I think this might be done.   Any comments?
I think you need to start over and try again  ;D :P

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 07:33:39 PM »
I think the CT sign looks good as is, but it might be fun if you made it just a little more distressed for each release, add another sticker here and there, then at the one year mark have it on the ground pushed to the side with a newer looking sign up top, which then starts to distress through year 2.  Just thinking out loud.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
I like PSL's cover, but I think it needs a consistent color scheme.  It needs a few distinct colors or sets of colors that can be easily rotated from one release to the other.  Kind of like how the Film Crew ones did.  The basic elements stayed the same but colors could be interchanged which set each release apart.  The brick wall is just too static.  It's a good idea though.
On timeout

Offline Rhindle The Red

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
I like it, I just wish the riffers weren't so horizontally challenged on that silhouette on front.
Blame whoever designed the logo.  I took it straight from there.  I wish I could get a clearer image of it, though, so it didn't look so pixillated.  The "stretchiness" I don't mind.
--
Philip R. Frey
a.k.a. "Rhindle the Red"
www.edwoodonline.com

Offline Rhindle The Red

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 07:50:30 AM »
I like it, I just wish the riffers weren't so horizontally challenged on that silhouette on front.
Blame whoever designed the logo.  I took it straight from there.  I wish I could get a clearer image of it, though, so it didn't look so pixillated.  The "stretchiness" I don't mind.

That can be fixed fairly easily in photoshop.  Here. It's a little blurry, but...meh.

Yes, I performed a similar function in Paint Shop Pro (which is what I use).  But as you noted, it blurs the image and I need a sharp, clean line.  I did the best I could, but a high-rez version of the logo would make it all better.

Oh, and you may note that the image is gone.  I've moved it to my "Graphic Design" web site:

http://www.edwoodonline.com/GRAFX/home.html

It's to be found under "MST3K".  You'll find a few MST3K-related items there, included a DVD cover for "K10 - Cosmic Princess" and "Edward the Less".  More to be added as I locate them and post them there.

Here's the preview of "The Oozing Skull" so people can see if it's worth surfing over to the Site:

(BTW: I may adjust this one.  I want to add some stuff like runtime and region coding (since that info is relevant).  I'll post here if I do.)
--
Philip R. Frey
a.k.a. "Rhindle the Red"
www.edwoodonline.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »
Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, the sold red poster frames do suck!    I am playing around with lighted ones, wooden ones, etc and will see what looks best. 

I like the idea for aging the CT logo metal sign as more films are added, then fixing it up again every so often like a real theater would do.

I also like the idea of a changing color scheme for each release like the FC releases had.     How would this work?   If you look at the bottom of hte CT homepage http://cinematictitanic.com/wpmu/ you will see that each of the riffers shilloute heads has a different color for the "star field" pattern behind them.    I could use each of these different color schemes for the back of the DVD with each release (sorta like the below WIP)
Is that what you had in mind?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 09:18:18 AM »
Mr D is going to see what he can do about some High Res elements, unfortunately that won't help with Brain of Blood imagery itself as they didn't get any.

Offline Rhindle The Red

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 09:42:14 AM »
I could use each of these different color schemes for the back of the DVD with each release (sorta like the below WIP)

That's what I will be doing.  The blue background will change from release to release, maintaining the feel, but giving each a distinct look.

BTW, is your insert intended for a slimline case?
--
Philip R. Frey
a.k.a. "Rhindle the Red"
www.edwoodonline.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
I could use each of these different color schemes for the back of the DVD with each release (sorta like the below WIP)

That's what I will be doing.  The blue background will change from release to release, maintaining the feel, but giving each a distinct look.

BTW, is your insert intended for a slimline case?

Yes, I am a slave to to the thinpak case!

And yes, the frame DOES have a point of view problem with it.    That was just a down and dirty WIP to see how it looked.    I have a bad feeling that I will have to be building the frame myself from wood sample JPGs as I could not find any good frame samples online....... which amazed me.

Also, the spine colors and spine text will get an update from just black and white as that would look crappy on the shelves.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
You know, you would not think it would be hard to find an image of a hi-res wooden picture frame on the internet, but.....

After much cloning, croping, pasting, etc, I think I have a picture frame I can live with.   Changed the spine color, font and added a time tube logo.

Any comments?

Offline Rhindle The Red

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »

Any comments?

Well, if your going for a professional look, I think your text is too close to the sides.  Visibility is not usually a problem, so you should be able to reduce the size and make the back feel less cramped.

Also, although I understand wanting to use the original poster, the title as used "The Oozing Skull" should go on the front somewhere.  Maybe a sticker slapped over the top or something.
--
Philip R. Frey
a.k.a. "Rhindle the Red"
www.edwoodonline.com