Author Topic: Re: A Visit to Santa - a Public Domain DivX Short!  (Read 6145 times)

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Re: A Visit to Santa - a Public Domain DivX Short!
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:41 PM »
I purchased this short... but how do I download it?  When I click the "Download the file you purchased (A Visit to Santa) by clicking here" link it just sends me back to my VOD order page.

Yes... I have the DivX player installed.

EDIT:  You can move this to Purchase / Download Issues.  Das Boot made me respond here without thinking.    ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:37:10 PM by Bairman »

Offline Msampo

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The Sampo building (photo by Kevin Murphy)
    • Satellite News
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:48:20 PM »
Here's my original post, filled with Christmasy details! Enjoy!

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,6602.0.html

I am guessing that I am missing some codec or something. I can play it, and the sound is fine, but the video is all blotchy and pixely.

It looks the same on Qucktime or VLC or the Divx player. Can any Mac people advise me? (Via email perhaps would be best: msampo at aol dot com.)

Sampo
MST3Kinfo.com--The official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fan site.
Join us, won't we?

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:31:16 PM »
Thanks, torgos. Just FYI, I got the e-mail but it was blank. The problem might be on my end, but I thought I'd better let you know just in case it's on yours.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 236
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »
I am guessing that I am missing some codec or something. I can play it, and the sound is fine, but the video is all blotchy and pixely.

It looks the same on Qucktime or VLC or the Divx player. Can any Mac people advise me? (Via email perhaps would be best: msampo at aol dot com.)

Sampo

Get the BETA player from http://labs.divx.com - that should fix your issue.

Thanks, torgos. Just FYI, I got the e-mail but it was blank. The problem might be on my end, but I thought I'd better let you know just in case it's on yours.

Yeah it's a mistake in the email - an unclosed HTML tag. Yikes!

It's fixed but I'll resend it tomorrow, lest people think we are bombarding them with spam. (Not the delicious kind). Sorry about that folks!

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »
Torgos... are you saying I should've received an e-mail with a download link?  Because I didn't.  Not a blank one... none at all.  I did receive the order receipt, but for RiffTrax there are usually 2 e-mails.... one with an order receipt and one with download links.   And as I mentioned above, trying to download the .tix file from my order history doesn't work.

Offline Msampo

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The Sampo building (photo by Kevin Murphy)
    • Satellite News
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 05:29:23 PM »

Sampo

Get the BETA player from http://labs.divx.com - that should fix your issue.

Did that when you recommended it last time. It solved my previous "the player doesn't work at all" problem and let me download, etc. But it's not doing anything for my blotchy/pixely video playback problem.

Sampo
MST3Kinfo.com--The official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fan site.
Join us, won't we?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »
Torgos... are you saying I should've received an e-mail with a download link?  Because I didn't.  Not a blank one... none at all.  I did receive the order receipt, but for RiffTrax there are usually 2 e-mails.... one with an order receipt and one with download links.   And as I mentioned above, trying to download the .tix file from my order history doesn't work.

Yeah I realized there was an issue with the catalogue version of the "Buy now" button, but it was fixed pretty quickly. Looks like you were too quick.

I'll look and make sure others didn't have the same issue. I fixed yours and resubmitted it, you now have a watchable .tix file waiting for you.

Sampo,

I'm not sure what the problem could be - we tested it on a MacBook and it worked fine. Anything special about your setup?

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 07:01:51 PM »
I fixed yours and resubmitted it, you now have a watchable .tix file waiting for you.

I just received the e-mail from RiffTrax Support with a link to download the .tix file.  Downloading Santa in the DivX player right now.

You guys are freakin' awesome.   :clap:

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »
Got the new and improved e-mail today. Thanks, torgos.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
Re: Re: A Visit to Santa - a Public Domain DivX Short!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:56:31 PM »
Got the new and improved e-mail today. Thanks, torgos.

No prob Bob.

Offline Scott M Davis

• Schnappi Supporter
    • Late Nite Theater
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 05:26:17 PM »
I got a new computer for X-Mas, my father-in-law sent it early, and I was gonna try burning this and swing parade, but it says I can't download either of the files.

Do I need to go an re-purchase each VoD I have for that other computer?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »
No, you should be able to use the same VOD file... send me your email address or better yet, your DivX transaction number, and I'll re-activate it, if I have to.

But if it's purchased I don't know why it would be closing down. Maybe there's something going on at their end ...

Did you purchase Swing Parade as well?

Offline Scott M Davis

• Schnappi Supporter
    • Late Nite Theater
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 03:06:39 AM »
I think the problem is on my end, I may not have signed the divx player on my new computer to my divx account. I think I just downloaded the program.

Offline Scott M Davis

• Schnappi Supporter
    • Late Nite Theater
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 04:24:30 AM »
so apparently, you can only download and play these VoDs on one single Divx player.

that sucks.

I spent all christmas morning trying to get it to work on my brothers laptop to watch on the big screen tv at my parents.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
No, you can register up to 10 devices. But you have to do it in a player (and sign in as the account you previously registered with).