Author Topic: RVR II GOES BACK TO MEXICO AGAIN!!  (Read 271833 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RVR II GOES BACK TO MEXICO AGAIN!!
« Reply #3990 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:00 PM »
Today would have been our 17th wedding anniversary.
Heading to the cemetery one last time to say goodbye and packing my suitcases for my bus trip to the Mexico City airport where I'll be staying the night to catch my early morning Tuesday flight home.
I feel that I can finally move on with my life after my year of mourning.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3991 on: January 16, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »
And I'm home. Everything I set out to do while there I got accomplished.
And said my goodbyes because I just don't think I'll be going back to Iguala Mexico quite possibly ever again.
It sux to say but after this trip it just wasn't the same and it never will be again. :'(
Time to move on and move forward with a new future for my life.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3992 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »
It is a strange feeling when you don't think you'll ever go back to a place again.  I still think about places in Connecticut I'll probably never visit again, and that is much closer. 

Oh, was there any drama with the land?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #3993 on: January 16, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear all that RVR. I sincerely hope everything gets better for you soon.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3994 on: January 16, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »
It is a strange feeling when you don't think you'll ever go back to a place again.  I still think about places in Connecticut I'll probably never visit again, and that is much closer. 

Oh, was there any drama with the land?
It really is. Walking around the town, seeing the sights we used to enjoy together, walking down the stone path in the cemetery on the 10th & the 14th were so difficult for me.
Despite the financial treachery that went on behind my back for years, I forgave her.

None what so ever surprisingly :o I just did an amendment to the existing power of attorney so it wouldn't cause any serious strife with the family..
Everybody was very happy I was there and that I came unannounced which made me feel really good but still I won't be going back.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3995 on: January 16, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear all that RVR. I sincerely hope everything gets better for you soon.
Thanks Rus. It was very difficult to do but it was something I felt I needed to do for closure :-\

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3996 on: April 23, 2018, 06:54:00 AM »
Well now I'm the one visiting Mexico for most of this week. I am here to visit one of the manufacturing facilities for work.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3997 on: April 23, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »
Well now I'm the one visiting Mexico for most of this week. I am here to visit one of the manufacturing facilities for work.
Oh cool! :o
What part? Or town?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3998 on: April 23, 2018, 12:27:58 PM »
What part? Or town?
Chihuahua

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3999 on: April 23, 2018, 12:31:18 PM »
What part? Or town?
Chihuahua
Ah ok north western part..
Never been there but it's not too far from the US border

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #4000 on: May 31, 2019, 07:48:06 AM »
Thought I was done posting in this thread but I received a disturbing message from a nephew in Iguala Mexico yesterday..
My now ex-brother in law who's also the father of my goddaughter (the one born in Charlotte, NC) apparently sold our land my late wife and I had but instead of giving my half of the land to his daughter like I had stated in the power of attorney, he gave all the money to his mom (my ex-mother-in-law) instead! That money was to go to her for college and her future! No idea what the total amount was but the ex mother-in-law is 87 I believe and doesn't have a will so when she dies, the remaining 8 brothers and sisters will be fighting over that money.
I haven't talked to my goddaughter yet to confirm this but if true, he not only betrayed me but he betrayed his own daughter as well. It's pretty damn sad how money will turn people against others including their own family.
I have no plans to return to Iguala (probably ever) so there's nothing I can nor will do about this. Maybe they think I will send her money for her college instead but I will not be sending one single cent to anyone in Mexico ever again. She'll have to rely on her family to put her through college or not be able to go at all unfortunately :-[

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4477
« Reply #4001 on: May 31, 2019, 07:59:52 AM »
Thought I was done posting in this thread but I received a disturbing message from a nephew in Iguala Mexico yesterday..
My now ex-brother in law who's also the father of my goddaughter (the one born in Charlotte, NC) apparently sold our land my late wife and I had but instead of giving my half of the land to his daughter like I had stated in the power of attorney, he gave all the money to his mom (my ex-mother-in-law) instead! That money was to go to her for college and her future! No idea what the total amount was but the ex mother-in-law is 87 I believe and doesn't have a will so when she dies, the remaining 8 brothers and sisters will be fighting over that money.
I haven't talked to my goddaughter yet to confirm this but if true, he not only betrayed me but he betrayed his own daughter as well. It's pretty damn sad how money will turn people against others including their own family.
I have no plans to return to Iguala (probably ever) so there's nothing I can nor will do about this. Maybe they think I will send her money for her college instead but I will not be sending one single cent to anyone in Mexico ever again. She'll have to rely on her family to put her through college or not be able to go at all unfortunately :-[

If you have the money, it seems like something that would be worth suing over.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #4002 on: May 31, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »

If you have the money, it seems like something that would be worth suing over.
I do now but the attorneys there are corrupt as well.. Honestly, it's not worth it. :-[

I just got done chatting with the goddaughter it it's confirmed; the land was sold sometime last year. Some woman made them an offer and they took it.
Still not sure how much they got for it but it's done now and the goddaughter plans on moving with her mom to a city called Querataro where there are American companies looking for bilingual people to work for them sh she should get a decent job when she moves there.