Author Topic: divx file format  (Read 14882 times)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: divx file format
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »
You should be able to rename the .divx file as .avi and import it into some software. Perhaps one of the more conversion-savvy forumgoers can guide you..?

Offline kitesarefun

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
How can I get my copy of Swing Parade burned onto a dvd that plays in a regular dvd player?

Why doesn't Swing Parade show up in my Rifftrax file downloads list like all the other VoD I've purchased, both short and full length?

I tried burning Swing Parade with DVDFlick but after 5 or 6 hours, it fails. Plan 9 and Missile to the Moon each took about an hour, start to finish.

Unlike Plan 9, Missile to the Moon and numerous shorts, all of which I simply downloaded then burned with DVDFlick, Swing Parade forced me to go through an elaborate process involving downloading a tix file, downloading and installing and *registering* (WTF???) a piece of software that I don't want, then downloading the movie file from the DivX site (which took considerably longer than downloading movies from Rifftrax) and apparently now I have to go buy a whole new dvd player? (WTF again) (And then - I'm not sure - but I think I even have to go and register the *player* - triple WTF!?)

Thanks!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 02:41:33 PM »
Yeah, sorry, it's a limitation of the old DivX VOD system that a few of our products are still using. In the next couple days we'll be moving all of them - including Swing Parade - to a DRM-free format. (The DivX "OVS" system, which Swing Parade is currently on, uses DRM to manage rights for rental and purchase... we admit that the system isn't quite right for us, which is why we are moving all of our VOD content to work without the OVS system.)

I know that's a lot of words, sorry - just bear with us a couple more days and you'll have a shiny new .divx file in your File Downloads list.. The reason why SP is currently not in your File Downloads list is because it's in the On Demand list, which is another tab that can be found in your account area.

Offline kitesarefun

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »

I know that's a lot of words, sorry - just bear with us a couple more days and you'll have a shiny new .divx file in your File Downloads list..

K, sounds good. Thanks for letting me know. I can chill for a few days while this all gets sorted out, no prob.

Offline TVsAdam

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Personal text for a personal touch
    • Upsetting Shorts (my iRiffs group)
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 08:08:06 PM »
I have a couple of VOD movies (Troll 2 and the 3-riffer edition of Plan 9) that are in divx format that I'm trying to convert so that I can put them on my iPod, which currently has all my Rifftrax stuff except these two things.  I like Plan 9 especially and am frustrated by my apparent inability to convert it.

For starters, the file is being read as quite a bit longer than it is (something like two to three hours), and whenever I finish a conversion the sound is OK but the video is a big jumbled mess of pixels and whatnot.

Anybody have any idea what I could be doing wrong?  Or even better, anyone try to do something similar and have it actually work?

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked:
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »
I can't offer any advice about conversion, but you should make sure you are not trying to use a (very) old copy of the file that still has Divx copy protection on it.  If it only plays in the Divx player, you can't convert it to anything, you'll have to redownload it from My Files.

Offline TVsAdam

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Personal text for a personal touch
    • Upsetting Shorts (my iRiffs group)
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Thanks Conor.  I downloaded both files right when they came out, I think, so maybe they've got DRM on them.  I'm going to try redownloading and reconverting, see if that helps.

Offline Camusy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 11:23:44 AM »
give my latest find, may be it can help you. I am buring DVD of transformer by ImTOO DVD Creator, if everything goes well, I will short you.