login

Author Topic: "Weird Al" fans  (Read 64841 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: "Weird Al" fans
« Reply #315 on: June 27, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »
Transmission #2

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yJdJZnH0wrI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yJdJZnH0wrI</a>

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »
Track list! Spoilers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
Holding off on a pre-order in case they have some sort of special edition one.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2014, 02:50:44 PM »
Track list! Spoilers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In regards to the last bit in your spoiler, if it's anything like his last 4 albums, yeah, it's that long.

Is it wrong that I only know what only ONE of those songs is you listed as being parodied?  And if your guesses are right, that's kind of surprising, considering he was never one to make each and every parody song title actually rhyme so perfectly with the originals. He did often, but not each and every one on an album, from what I recall.

Anyways, I'm excited!!! Alpocalypse had pretty good production, especially compared to Straight Outta Lynnwood which suffered horribly from over-compressed audio and false-layered vocals done with a really bad auto-tune "multi-vocal" filter. (ie in Pancreas... which would have only been a better song if he had actually sung some of the various vocal layers) It all sounded far too digital and unreal... and Alpocalypse was a step back in the right direction, so I have high hopes for this one!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »
Holding off on a pre-order in case they have some sort of special edition one.

I've seen one company selling signed copies, but no sign of other special editions yet.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »
Whenever I would see kids buying old Weird Al albums I always wondered if they would know/get the parodies of the old songs they probably didn't know.  Now I am that way with this one.  I know the names of a couple but I have NO IDEA what ANY of those songs sound like.  Here is to hoping he throws in a parody of an old song or two!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »
We already know there is something from the '90s on it. Whathishname was raving about it.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »
Whenever I would see kids buying old Weird Al albums I always wondered if they would know/get the parodies of the old songs they probably didn't know.  Now I am that way with this one.  I know the names of a couple but I have NO IDEA what ANY of those songs sound like.  Here is to hoping he throws in a parody of an old song or two!

I know maybe two or three of the ones that were mentioned a few posts ago in the Spoilers.  The flip side of your situation is that this will be the first Weird Al disc that my kids will actually know some of the originals, so it'll be interesting to see what their reaction to the parodies are.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2014, 08:31:55 AM »
I'll be frank; I would've never heard of some of the original songs I'm speculating about were I not a regular watcher of Todd in the Shadows.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »
Just before any Weird Al album comes out, I leave the safe bubble of my all-'80s station and listen to one of the popular music channels for a week or two. It's not fun, but it's worth it to have that bit of recognition when hearing a Weird Al song for the first time. (And every now and then I find out there's some current music that isn't half-bad. :^) )

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »
I have a feeling that thanks to work (as well as the luggage stock room I dwell in constantly playing The Steve Harvey Morning Show) I've heard more than just the one I know I've heard...

I just want a Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds style parody someday!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »
I work in a record store and I know those songs by name and I can tell you who sings Blurred Lines but if you had a gun to my head I couldn't tell you how it goes..
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »
I work in a record store and I know those songs by name and I can tell you who sings Blurred Lines but if you had a gun to my head I couldn't tell you how it goes..

It goes something like this:

I got those blurred lines, ooooh... all over my face.
Lying in the shadow-woah-woahs, blurred lines.
Flying like a river.... Oooo aaahhhh, you're a knife in my heaeaeart
Baby I got blurred lines, and I throw em at yoooou.

...or something, I don't know.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »

In that case, this should help:

<a href="http://blip.tv/play/AYOT5nkC" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://blip.tv/play/AYOT5nkC</a>

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
Well if Weird Al's version is about common grammatical errors, I have a new favorite song by him already. :^)