Author Topic: Fan Riff: "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
Fan Riff: "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »
I started a thread about this over at "General Rifftrax talk", but this seems to be where the fan-riff action is, so I'm dropping a note here for the benefit of interested parties.

Ahem.

My amateur riff of "Star Trek II:  The Wrath of Khan" is now available!

Go here:
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,6021.msg171663.html#msg171663
for details.  Also, go to the top of that thread to learn how and why Mike Nelson should be worshipped like a Greek god.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2379
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Fan Riff: "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:45:51 AM »
Hey I'm with a lot of the crowd in praising Wrath of Khan as the greatest Star Trek movie ever made, but the combined hamminess of Shatner and Montelban makes for a potent mix that begs for riffs.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 05:52:47 AM »
Kahn's disturbing pecks are enough to warrent a riffing.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
After Final Frontier, which is so bad that it had to be riffed.... Khan is the only other Trek film I'd like to see riffed. Mainly because it's the only Trek film I'd really ever care to watch again. Looking back on the movie franchise, and catching an occasional TNG or (even worse) a TNG spinoff rerun on the Spike channel... I've realized that Trek as a whole is almost unwatchable in it's shittiness. Maybe I'm just getting older and crotchitier... but man... what horrible, flaccid garbage they managed to hoist out for 20 some years starting with TMP.... and I happily watched most of it at the time. I even gave Deep Space Nine a season or two... thinking that it can't just be this incredibly dull.. it must be really well done and I'm missing something. No... it was just dull.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »
Watched the first hour yesturday.  Very funny stuff Scrivener.  You can tell you put a lot of time into this.  I made a note of some of my favorite riffs and the I lost the piece of paper.  I'll post a few of my favorites when I finish/rewatch it. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:29:31 PM by Raven »

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »
I made you a banner if you're interested.

Janitor

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 07:23:51 PM »
I really liked this riff. And you gotta give it up for Scrivener. All the physical punishment he went through to give us EVERY SINGLE GENESIS JOKE known to man.

Well done sir.

I know this is sort of a stilted, arm-chair-quarterback comment, but in hindsight, I would have paid for this riff.

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »
I humbly thank you, AB.  I am willing to suffer for my art ... though Paul did seem to need a lot of takes to get the slaps just right.

As for paying for this riff:  there is serious word that we'll be able to post riffs on the Rifftrax site in the future.  Don't know how the money side will work, but I could definitely see myself offering this riff for a bit of scratch. (After a few Lucas-like tweaks, perhaps.)  You, as an early adapter, may have gotten a bargain.  ;)  Again, very glad you liked it.

Oh, and Raven, check your messages.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline CartoonDiablo

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • You callin' me racist?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »
After Final Frontier, which is so bad that it had to be riffed.... Khan is the only other Trek film I'd like to see riffed. Mainly because it's the only Trek film I'd really ever care to watch again. Looking back on the movie franchise, and catching an occasional TNG or (even worse) a TNG spinoff rerun on the Spike channel... I've realized that Trek as a whole is almost unwatchable in it's shittiness. Maybe I'm just getting older and crotchitier... but man... what horrible, flaccid garbage they managed to hoist out for 20 some years starting with TMP.... and I happily watched most of it at the time. I even gave Deep Space Nine a season or two... thinking that it can't just be this incredibly dull.. it must be really well done and I'm missing something. No... it was just dull.

meh I hated all the odd numbered ST series (not including the cartoon) TOS,DS9,ENT but TNG and VOY weren't that bad, granted VOY was like a watered down and condensed TNG with better effects.