login

Author Topic: The Original Movie Suggestions Thread  (Read 85891 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Movie suggestions
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 08:37:18 AM »
Ha Van Damned would be great.  Blood sport is just too stupid to not be one.  However i think Conan the barbarian would be awesome.  That movie is AWFUL how the crap did that spawn a career for the govenator?

Offline Patt_Carr

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • Patt Carr dot Com
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »
-Shadow creature

-Bad company

-Super Mario Bros.

Offline Hardware

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • What?
    • Anthropomorphic Hardware
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2006, 09:34:53 AM »
I think the cool thing about Rifftrax is that they can add commentary to any movie they want, not just obscure movies who will license themselves to be re-released with the riffing.  I'd say stay with the widely-available mainstream movies, maybe even some of the good ones.  ;D

On another note, I have very fond memories of watching MST3k with my family when I was growing up.  I think it would be awesome if this tradition could be carried on with Rifftrax.  To that end, I think it'd be great if a majority of the movies selected stayed in the PG to PG-13 range.

Offline Sireg

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Don't sign your posts
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 09:53:37 AM »
On another note, I have very fond memories of watching MST3k with my family when I was growing up.  I think it would be awesome if this tradition could be carried on with Rifftrax.  To that end, I think it'd be great if a majority of the movies selected stayed in the PG to PG-13 range.

I for one do not think that RiffTrax shouldn't be limited like MST3k in the content department. The one thing about RiffTrax I really like is that so many movies that could of never been on MST3k can now be riffed on.

Offline aneel

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 10:52:50 AM »
Either that, or Johnny Mnemonic. It is one of my favourite movies because of how terrible it is. Overacting, funny accents, ridiculous plot (I know it was taken from a William F Gibson short story, but it was padded out so much it took on a life of its own), a crazy preacher, and Keanu Reeves! What more could you ask for?
My friends and I would get together to watch it and do primitive riffing of our own to it, so I'd love to see what Mike (& others!) could do with it.

"I have to get online, I NEED a COMPUTER!"

"I WANT ROOM SERVICE! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000 a night hooker! I want my shirts laundered, like they do, at the Imperial Hotel, in Tokyo."

The lines are so bad they're good. My friends and I still quote stuff from it all the time. God help us.

Don't forget:

"I can store 80 gigs of data in my head." (Most Excellent storage capacity, dude!)

"COME to JESUS!" and "It's Jesus time!"  (Street Preacher is actually played by Dolph Lundgren)

"Johnny.  Just Johnny." (The extent of Keanu's acting talent)

"Don't worry.  They're corporate." (And corporations would never do anything bad, right?)

Offline cecilbdemented

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Reading 52 and Marvel Civil War
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 11:06:31 AM »
I just went through my DVD collection. It's mostly anime, which I doubt Mike would riff on (though it does lend itself nicely to it), here are the ones in my collection that I find ripe for the riffing:

The Fast and the Furious The film is just so high on itself about cars that it needs Mike. Hell, any Vin Diesel film needs a rifftrack. Even better fodder for the riffers would be the cleverly titled sequel 2 Fast 2 Furious

Godzilla: Final Wars Even though they got the Gamera and a couple of Godzilla films, I still think that (and this may be me projecting) the MST3K gang wanted to do more Godzilla films but couldn't get clearence to do so. With this being "the last Godzilla film...for a while," what better to do a rifftrack on? This is the one that had been critiqued for having too many scenes with the humans and not enough giant monster fights, despite having almost every Tojo monster in it. Mike, I beg you, riff this movie.

Jurassic Park Dinosaurs and Jeff Goldblum. Need I say more? The sequels would be even better.

The Matrix Revolutions So preachy. So effing preachy for an action film. It craves to be taken down a notch.

Minority Report Tom Cruise. Action film. Massive government cover-up. What else do you need?

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace If Legend Films wants to expand their audience, what better than to give the geeks of the world what they have been clamoring for since 1999: a rifftrack on the awful waste of three weeks standing in line that is Episode I.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day I have this in my collection mostly as my all-purpose "action" film. I need another use for it. Please knock it down a notch.
WoW-Server: Aerie Peak, Characters: Edgar (Primary), Murrue, and Flapsteak

Server: Gnomeregan, Characters: Utena, Anthy, and Murderface

Offline zorthron

• Disembaudio's Squadio
    • Gordon Universe
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »
I second Super Mario Bros.

And I beg of thee, please riff Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure.  You think Episode I is bad?  You can't beat a line like "I think she eats giggles!"

and it's sequel The Battle for Endor.  They're both on the same dvd.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1271
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2006, 11:57:59 AM »
I second The Matrix Revolutions.  If George Clinton is one of the leaders of your government then you know something is wrong.  Though I question why you go for Star Wars: Episode 1 and not Episode 3, which was far worse.  Perhaps Episode 3 would be too easy.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 731
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2006, 01:02:01 PM »
I think the cool thing about Rifftrax is that they can add commentary to any movie they want, not just obscure movies who will license themselves to be re-released with the riffing.  I'd say stay with the widely-available mainstream movies, maybe even some of the good ones.  ;D

There was an interview recently with Mike on efilmcritic.com where he said Road House was as far as he would like to go with the content of the movies. I was kind of surprised to see the Rifftrax poll that had Showgirls on it.

Although I will say that after watching MST3K for years and years I can tell you though that I titter like a 16 year old everytime I hear Mike or the 'Bots curse.

--Ian

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Illusion

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »
I second Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Also, three of Uwe Boll's recent movies: House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, and BloodRayne NEED to be riffed.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2006, 03:06:03 PM »
How about

Hackers - Angelina Jolie, Jonny Lee Miller, and Matthew Lillard (plus inexpicably Penn Jillette)

Starship Troopers - proof that Denise Richards is the worst actress in Hollywood

Ravenous - Canabalism at its finest

Any of the Cube movies
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline WaffleTron

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2006, 03:41:39 PM »
So I've noticed in the Polls that a lot of the movies Rifftrax has suggested doing (or has done already) are MUCH more well known and contemporary than any of the garbage they had to sit through on MST, but my number one request for the Rifftrax crew (whether that be just Mike or Mike and Kevin or Mike, Kevin, and Bill or whoever!) is this horrible movie from the early 1990's, Troll 2.  Please, PLEEEEEEEEEASE do Troll 2

I also hope Rifftrax lasts long enough for them to do Snakes on a Plane when that comes out on DVD.  I just saw it last night and it's fantastically bad.

I just downloaded the Star Trek V commentary but am outraged that neither of the Blockbuster videos by me even carry the movie.  >:(

Offline Crow T. Robot

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »
When a Stranger Calls is the only movie you should do next, Mike.

Hehe.  Please drop all else! Trust me!  This is like shooting fish in a shotglass!

Offline Johnny Cannon

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Flag on the moon... How did it get there?
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »
While I've no doubt there are many old, obscure cult movies lingering out there that are ripe for Mike's tongue lashing, those kinds of movies went through 10 years of the MST treatment. I want to see the fresh crap that Hollywood is punch-pressing get what it deserves. New, big movies like Ultraviolet, Mission: Impossible 3, X-Men 3, or any of the other countless sequels that have come out within the last couple years should be riffed.

That said, I am all over Johnny Mnemonic. If we're going to make fun of Keanu movies, that's the one to start with. I would love, love, love to see RiffTrax do any of the Matrix movies or Star Wars prequels too, and I'll back Mario Bros. and Total Recall while I'm at it. Uwe Boll's flicks make fun of themselves, though, so I'd pass on them.

Some other nominees:
-A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)
-V for Vendetta
-Troy

Whatever the movie, as long as RiffTrax keeps releasing things on a regular basis I'm happy.

Offline Rube_Maroon

• Schnappi Supporter
  • You guys watch Joe Don Baker movies?
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »
I'd like to see a live webcast for some movie on TV for some LIVE RIFFING ACTION, complete with the commercials, etc.