Author Topic: Put "The Film Crew" on TV!  (Read 5124 times)

Offline CireDark

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
Put "The Film Crew" on TV!
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
It's my belief that IFC (Independent Film Channel) is missing out. The two seem to be a perfect match for each other. Does anyone know if IFC has approached Mike or Kevin for ANY kind of project? It wouldn't be the first time that IFC has given employment to a previously discarded comedy team. (see: Greg the Bunny)

If something along these lines isn't already in the works, then it really ought to be. It'd be great to see the guys actively working in Television again, collecting fat paychecks, and doing what they do best.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
Re: Put "The Film Crew" on TV!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 11:43:51 AM »
It's hard to do Rifftrax and Film Crew at the same time, especially for a TV schedule. It'll be interesting to see if they even make any more Film Crew releases. I'm not betting on it.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »
Yeah, having a contract for a tv schedule would mostly likely effectively kill off Rifftrax, so I certainly wouldn't ask for that.

On the other hand in the event that Film Crew did start up again on dvd, IFC could eventually show them on a semi-regular basis.  Not as a weekly series, but maybe show one of them a month.  They're movie length, they could show them just like they would a movie.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »
I never even thought of IFC as a possible venue for these things.... I wonder if Joel's considered them for Cinematic Titanic?

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »
When you look at the type of humor IFC seems to like, it does seem like it would fit pretty well.  Hell they might be a good outlet for MST re-runs too.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »
Not to mention they're uncensored and seem to give a lot of creative freedom....

Offline whoopdefndo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »
Well, if they WERE to do something on TV again, weren't they already on Starz!?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:30:47 AM »
If I d to choose between having the Film Crew on TV and Rifftrax I would choose Rifftrax.

With Rifftrax they can do any movie they want no matter how long it runs,and they have complete control.

The Film crew can only do 90 minute movies that are in the public domain.

Don't get me wrong I love the film crew DvDs,but if having them on Tv meant no more Rifftrax I would rather not have them on TV.

Now if IFC just want to run the DvDs with out the presure of a weekly series I am all for that.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »

The Film crew can only do 90 minute movies that are in the public domain.

Well, they could do films not in the public domain, it'd just be more expensive to do so.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 01:16:21 PM »
Well, if they WERE to do something on TV again, weren't they already on Starz!?

Not sure what their experience was, but working for Starz probably wouldn't be preferable....

Offline CireDark

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 02:20:30 PM »

Now if IFC just want to run the DvDs with out the presure of a weekly series I am all for that.

I think that's the idea I was originally shooting for. I should've made that clear. Perhaps once a seasons worth of Film Crew DVDs get made, IFC could license them for rebroadcast on their channel.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »

I think that's the idea I was originally shooting for. I should've made that clear. Perhaps once a seasons worth of Film Crew DVDs get made, IFC could license them for rebroadcast on their channel.

That's what I was shooting for too.  I think not treating it like a series and more like an occasional "special presentation" could work well.

gum.co/RFTthing