login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791156 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19290 on: April 19, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »
From a Facebook pun group:  [Darth Geek, you may wish to skip this post. ;) ]

Good ole boy Luke bought a new fishing boat, which he named the 4th of July, and invited his friend Opie to go fishing with him this coming Saturday on it's maiden voyage. Opie said "Sure I'd love to go with you but I won't be free until noon. I have to take my pregnant wife to the baby doctor for her checkup." Luke lamented, "Noon? It shouldn't take that long for her to check her out. She isn't that far along and the hospital is near the marina" "Well I gotta take her over to the doc on the far side of town. Her cousin Juan is her doctor and he is giving us a reduced rate. Luke wasn't happy that they would be leaving so late but it gave him time to get the beer and the ice loaded and the boat gassed up.

Noon came and Luke was getting impatient pacing up and down the marina waiting for Opie to arrive. The waves were picking up and the boat rocked back and forth at it's moorings. Finally Opie pulled up and started walking to the boat and Luke hurriedly leaned down to untie the boat so they could finally get to their fishing spot. In his haste he slipped and fell in the water between the boat and the pier with the boat dangerously rocking in the waves. And that was when ...O.B. Juan's kin Opie saved Luke from the dock side of the Fourth.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19291 on: April 19, 2018, 10:29:21 PM »
Wow. That's some Pearls Before Swine level punnery, right there.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19292 on: April 20, 2018, 08:04:20 AM »
It's incredible. All that setup for the pun, I'm in awe. Truly in the presence of greatness.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19293 on: April 20, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »
It's incredible. All that setup for the pun, I'm in awe. Truly in the presence of greatness.

I'm just waiting to see who likes it so that I can ban the lot of ya.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19294 on: April 21, 2018, 11:15:21 AM »
Edward please don't ban me, this is the only forum I have... at least now that the Spoony experiment forum seems to be gone for now.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19295 on: April 21, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »
Edward please don't ban me, this is the only forum I have... at least now that the Spoony experiment forum seems to be gone for now.
Don't worry I gotz yer back 8)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19296 on: April 21, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »
Verne Troyer died. :(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19297 on: April 21, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 375
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19298 on: April 21, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
Wow. That's some Pearls Before Swine level punnery, right there.

That reminds me of an old joke called "the Sesame Street Bus" which ended with, basically, the Big Mac jingle.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19299 on: April 21, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »

I was joking, don't worry ;)
FINE

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #19300 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »
Went and saw the play ‘Travesties’ by Tom Stoppard. I’ve always enjoyed Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, so I was excited to have a chance to see one of his other plays. It was quite good. Almost overwhelmingly intellectual, it’s a good thing I did a little homework beforehand otherwise I would have been completely lost.  The play is a ravesty of The Importance of Being Earnest, (which I hadn’t seen until yesterday) mixed with extensive discussions of Dadaism, James Joyce, and Lenin. Oh, and it’s quite funny. I got to pretend I was a lot more intelligent then I actually am for a couple hours.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19301 on: April 22, 2018, 05:22:48 PM »
Went and saw the play ‘Travesties’ by Tom Stoppard. I’ve always enjoyed Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, so I was excited to have a chance to see one of his other plays. It was quite good. Almost overwhelmingly intellectual, it’s a good thing I did a little homework beforehand otherwise I would have been completely lost.  The play is a ravesty of The Importance of Being Earnest, (which I hadn’t seen until yesterday) mixed with extensive discussions of Dadaism, James Joyce, and Lenin. Oh, and it’s quite funny. I got to pretend I was a lot more intelligent then I actually am for a couple hours.

I think the last great play my wife and I saw was Arcadia by Tom Stoppard. Would love to see more of his work.
FINE

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #19302 on: April 22, 2018, 07:25:09 PM »

I think the last great play my wife and I saw was Arcadia by Tom Stoppard. Would love to see more of his work.

If you haven't seen Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, the film adaptation with Gary Oldman is quite good.  The screenplay was also written by Tom Stoppard, which is a good thing.  Hopefully some day I'll get to see it performed live. 

He also had a smaller hand in writing Brazil, which I'm going to go ahead and assume you've already seen.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19303 on: April 22, 2018, 07:30:24 PM »
Yes to both. I used to love Brazil, but I think I may have outgrown it. :P
FINE

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #19304 on: April 22, 2018, 07:57:58 PM »
Yes to both. I used to love Brazil, but I think I may have outgrown it. :P

Funny!  I feel the same way.  I need to watch it again, but I've definitely cooled on it, along with a lot of Terry Gilliam's work.  I still like Fear and Loathing and Tideland, but not as much as I used to.  And his recent work has been... well, not very good.  The Zero Theorem was actually rather awful.  So who knows what The Man Who Killed Don Quixote will be like.  Probably... not great.