login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790668 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19110 on: January 04, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »
It pisses me off that people seem to think rabbits are "easy" pets. They're not. It's fucking heartless to get rabbits and just leave them outside in tiny cages. They're lovely and loving animals who deserve so much more.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #19111 on: January 04, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »
Just found one of my new favorite quotes.  It's from Taylor Swift's defense lawyer:

Plaintiffs’ claim to being the only ones in the world who can refer to players playing and haters hating is frivolous…Providing a copyright monopoly in the phrase would prevent others from sharing the idea that players play and haters hate.

I'd like to express my displeasure at this, but I can't afford it.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19112 on: January 04, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »
Just found one of my new favorite quotes.  It's from Taylor Swift's defense lawyer:

Plaintiffs’ claim to being the only ones in the world who can refer to players playing and haters hating is frivolous…Providing a copyright monopoly in the phrase would prevent others from sharing the idea that players play and haters hate.

I'd like to express my displeasure at this, but I can't afford it.

Those inclined to hatred are going to partake of hate, dog.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19113 on: January 05, 2018, 09:51:05 PM »
My fiancee has been learning Korean, but she keep having issues because she feels like she's not making enough progress on it. Since I'm wanting to improve myself and have always wanted to be multilingual since I feel somewhat rude not speaking more than one language, I started it too. Asian languages fuck me up, man. I also figured that another fairly language I could go for while I'm working on Korean, since Korean is going to be a long road to fluency, is Spanish. I was planning to do Mandarin, but it's similar enough to Korean that I'd probably mix the lessons up in my head, and Spanish will be useful. I already learned the phrase "No es un pato", which I'm pretty sure is going to come up a lot.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19114 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19115 on: January 07, 2018, 08:58:46 AM »
My throat started feeling a bit sore yesterday. It's a little better now so I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a full blown cold.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7909
« Reply #19116 on: January 08, 2018, 08:15:36 AM »
You're fucked. I'm on week 6 of this cold.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19117 on: January 08, 2018, 08:26:41 AM »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19118 on: January 08, 2018, 10:22:10 AM »
I'm sorry. Hope you get well soon Im.  :(

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7909
« Reply #19119 on: January 08, 2018, 08:10:51 PM »
I'm sorry. Hope you get well soon Im.  :(

It's all just a grim march to the grave while watching everything you love be corrupted or destroyed, so it's fine.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19120 on: January 08, 2018, 08:57:08 PM »
Going over to some guys house, making a bunch of fried chicken, and then throwing it all out. #wastinghisthyme

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4649
« Reply #19122 on: January 12, 2018, 06:33:13 PM »
I was just reading comments on a Facebook page, and multiple people commented on their distress at shocking their pets with static with the extreme cold and consequent low house humidity. So I thought I'd share this.

In some electronics stores (and online), one can find 'static discharge pads' that are self-adhesive. These are generally used for electronics safety, but I'm expanding their usefulness here. Some of them are as small as 2x2", but regardless of size, they should have a wire coming out of them that one connects to a grounding post somewhere (the screw on an electrical outlet is adequate if there is conduit in the walls instead of just insulated wires). I'd suggest attaching these near common areas where one pets one's pets ;) , and get in the habit of discharging oneself into it when one sees the pet approaching.

If possible, you may want to also have a large enough one on the floor that the pet would step on it on its way to you, because you may not be the source of the static: if you have carpet, your friend walking around is rubbing fur on plastic, which is pretty much guaranteed to cause static. Since cats naturally stand in squares on the ground, if one has a static discharge pad that is maybe 10x10", utilizing it shouldn't be an issue for feline family members (once they are used to it being present), and I suspect many dogs will ignore such things on their way for a good head-skritching. :)

I hope this helps prevent a few disrupted relationships this Winter (and beyond) ['next Winter' for those Forum members below the equator :) ].
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19123 on: January 13, 2018, 12:45:40 PM »
Huh... that thought never even occurred to me.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19124 on: January 13, 2018, 03:06:09 PM »
So how was Die Hard pitched to the studio?
"It's Die Hard in a...um..."