login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785291 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #13395 on: March 11, 2015, 06:04:54 PM »
Well, thats on you then. 

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Soguru

« Reply #13396 on: March 11, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
Well, thats on you then.
Indeed. From my perspective, I don't see how anybody can even survive without getting regular back adjustments.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #13397 on: March 11, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
Sure, but I'd rather see someone actually trained in orthopedics rather than some new age quackery.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #13398 on: March 11, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »
now, now, sides. maybe his body energies really being blocked by toxins in his bone fibres.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13399 on: March 11, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »
I had really bad back problems in high school. I saw a chiropractor and they helped me a TON. If you're not ok with chiropactors, thats fine. Different strokes and all that. I personally think that we have a huge tendency to over medicate in this country, to an absolutely ridiculous degree.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #13400 on: March 11, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »
Frank Conniff favourited one of my tweets yesterday.

Why are we bragging?

I feel anyone following Mike deserves some sort of reward for their perseverance if nothing else
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #13401 on: March 11, 2015, 09:29:02 PM »
An "adjustment" can cause momentary relief but there is no evidence, hundreds of years of testing and practice, still no evidence that it helps in any other way. If it makes you feel better than more power to you. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13402 on: March 11, 2015, 09:39:19 PM »
An "adjustment" can cause momentary relief but there is no evidence, hundreds of years of testing and practice, still no evidence that it helps in any other way. If it makes you feel better than more power to you.

Exactly, temporary relief, if it really worked people would not have to go back so often.  If it's a reoccurring issue real physical therapy has a much better chance of fixing it permanently without the need for constant "adjustments".

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13403 on: March 11, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »

Exactly, temporary relief, if it really worked people would not have to go back so often.  If it's a reoccurring issue real physical therapy has a much better chance of fixing it permanently without the need for constant "adjustments".
Exactly. I also like that you mention physical therapy. Which is not "just more drugs", as so many people in the chiropractic field (and it's supporters) would have you believe is the only alternative.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13404 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:10 PM »

Why are we bragging?

I feel anyone following Mike deserves some sort of reward for their perseverance if nothing else

? What do you mean?
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #13405 on: March 11, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »

Why are we bragging?

? What do you mean?

He just goes on unfunny (to me) grump old man rants a lot from my experience, it's part of the reason I'm hoping for more Rifftrax presents with Kevin and Bill.  I like him as a performer but I don't gel with Mike's personality at all
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:39:14 AM by ScottotD »
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #13406 on: March 12, 2015, 12:23:00 AM »
Ah.  You're probably seeing him being a normal person, instead of being an "on duty" performer.   
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #13407 on: March 12, 2015, 12:53:16 AM »

Why are we bragging?

? What do you mean?

He just goes on unfunny (to me) grump old man rants a lot from my experience, it's part of the reason I'm hoping for more Rifftrax presents with Kevin and Bill.  I like him as a performer but I don't gel with Mike's personality at all

Even though Mike started Rifftrx he's always seemed the odd man out to me. His riffs are hilarious but Keven and Bill have more of a natural chemistry IMO.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13408 on: March 12, 2015, 04:44:42 AM »

I mean, the word "had" tends to mean in the past. I don't really have back problems any more.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13409 on: March 12, 2015, 06:15:53 AM »

Why are we bragging?

? What do you mean?

I kind of agree, he does seem like a pointlessly grumpy old man sometimes. But I think he thinks his little "this minor thing is the worst ever" is funny. Not really.