login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1804258 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #13200 on: February 20, 2015, 04:23:18 PM »
First, I want to say that if Bruce Jenner is transitioning, then I am a-ok with that.

That being said...

I was reading an article about it while at the Dr's office, and all the close people in his life (those pesky Kardashian hoes) continued to refer to Bruce as "He." This raises my skepticism about the whole thing.

Also, on the subject of homosexuality RE "born with it" vs "choosing the lifestyle," I just want to say that even if every single homosexual person is CHOOSING to be that way...then there is still not a damn thing wrong with it!

Now if I could just get the balls to post this on my facebook page, I would be quite proud of myself.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13201 on: February 20, 2015, 05:41:21 PM »
My whole stance on gender reassignment is frankly... meh. But I admit this is colored by the fact I am comfortable with my gender and what society expects of me. To the members of our forum that are currently undergoing treatment, do not take this in any way as me saying I am against it. I believe foremost that it is your body and you can do whatever you want as long as it does not effect me.

We don't have the science - yet - to truly transgender someone. Ie. To transform the male reproductive system into a functioning female reproductive system and vice versa.
Aside from some pharmaceutical hormonal changing, it's a surgically cosmetic. And, let's be honest, not perfect.

So the goal is to conform to artificial societal expectations. In a society that has diminishing gender inequality.

"I want to be seen as a woman/man".

So? Now I open doors for you and pay for dinner if we date? Social stigmas that are fading even today. What's the point?
It's still going to be a shock/disappointment/thrill if the courtship progresses to intimacy. The surgically transgendered cannot naturally reproduce.

Yes, you feel more comfortable with your new body. But these are artificial rules society currently imposes on us. Human conceit.

Transgender, again, in my opinion, becomes relevant when biological, not surgical science progresses to the point that the x, y chromosomes are altered and the subject has the working reproductive system of that new gender.

There. I said it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13202 on: February 20, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
First, I want to say that if Bruce Jenner is transitioning, then I am a-ok with that.

He may be transitioning.. In Prison :o

If the latest findings from that traffic accident are any indicator, he'll get some ass-sistance from Bubba and friends :-X

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13203 on: February 20, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »

If the latest findings from that traffic accident are any indicator, he'll get some ass-sistance from Bubba and friends :-X

I haven't heard anything about this....well other than the initial talk of the accident.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #13204 on: February 20, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
When she's in the US...

...shouldn't she be 'Gwyneth NTSCtrow'?

[Just for the record it should be noted that this wordplay Hertz 20% more in the U.S. than in the E.U.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #13205 on: February 21, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »
Is it weird that I'm a grown ass man and I'm having frequent mini anxiety attacks that Fall Out 4 won't be announced at the upcoming Bethesda event at E3? Or , worse yet, it is announced but has changes that ruin the franchise for me? 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13206 on: February 21, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »

I haven't heard anything about this....well other than the initial talk of the accident.
I refer you to this article from TMZ.. :o
http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/19/bruce-jenner-video-car-accident-blame-crash-fault/

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F9hA8D4k2_4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F9hA8D4k2_4</a>
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:39:19 AM by RVR II »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #13207 on: February 21, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Is it weird that I'm a grown ass man and I'm having frequent mini anxiety attacks that Fall Out 4 won't be announced at the upcoming Bethesda event at E3? Or , worse yet, it is announced but has changes that ruin the franchise for me?

8) You are what we Otaku call, an "Otaku."  It basically means, you're an obsessive fan. I'm an anime otaku, MST/Riffrtrax otaku, and BY GOD!! I'm an Hatsune Miku otaku. Nothing weird about it at all.     
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13208 on: February 21, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »

Not so much panic, as much as smouldering anger.

Now if they announce they have sold the Fallout franchise to EA, that's when I pick up a gun. 

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #13209 on: February 21, 2015, 11:28:50 AM »

Now if they announce they have sold the Fallout franchise to EA, that's when I pick up a gun.

I keep having this vision that V.A.T.S. will be replaced with some shoe horned in always online co op/multiplayer, a plethora of different day one DLCs or companion app nonsense.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13210 on: February 21, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »
Sometimes it's fantastic having a "male" and "female'' voice. For instance, bill collectors call and want Cody, and I just go, "Oh, he's not here right now, I'm his girlfriend can I take a message?" And they leave me alone. Or just today, I was looking into cars, and a dealer called me, looking for Cody, saw that my email was for Tegan, and assumed that I must be Mrs. Somers. So that was fun. Sure, I may be misusing this power that I have, but it's just little white lies, it doesn't hurt anyone. :P

Soguru

« Reply #13211 on: February 21, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
It's alright QV, because as Grandmaster flash used to say.... "White Lies... blow away..."  ;D

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13212 on: February 21, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »

I keep having this vision that V.A.T.S. will be replaced with some shoe horned in always online co op/multiplayer, a plethora of different day one DLCs or companion app nonsense.

So....EA happening, basically.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #13213 on: February 21, 2015, 09:18:08 PM »

I don't see Bethesda selling one of their most valuable franchises to EA, but who knows if Bethesda starts feeling greedy.   

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13214 on: February 21, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »

I don't see Bethesda selling one of their most valuable franchises to EA, but who knows if Bethesda starts feeling greedy.

Or EA acquires Bethesda.  :speechless: