Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1787337 times)

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #13005 on: January 27, 2015, 02:10:22 AM »
Soguru, this is the only life we get, and that is all the more reason to abandon regrets. Don't put a clock on your life... that causes anxiety. Don't compare yourself with others. This is your life and your foot-race and no-one is competing with you. If you are on the east coast, take a walk in the snow.

Exercise in general, it makes you feel better. Apparently bicep curls are especially beneficial to men, the study is not concluded but it seems to alleviate stress and tension in men.

Anyways... I wish I could help you more... or be a better friend... I feel I am just rambling at this point... Concerned for you.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

jonalame

« Reply #13006 on: January 27, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
Soguru, this is the only life we get, and that is all the more reason to abandon regrets. Don't put a clock on your life... that causes anxiety. Don't compare yourself with others. This is your life and your foot-race and no-one is competing with you. If you are on the east coast, take a walk in the snow.

Exercise in general, it makes you feel better. Apparently bicep curls are especially beneficial to men, the study is not concluded but it seems to alleviate stress and tension in men.

Anyways... I wish I could help you more... or be a better friend... I feel I am just rambling at this point... Concerned for you.

Randy is crazy, Soguru... like a fox. I know exercise doesn't seem like it means much and when I am depressed I don't even want to move, but I didn't realize how low my self-esteem(physically, at least) was until I started exercising(as opposed to just letting work be exercise). I've been just exercising for me, to make myself feel better and it does seem to do something chemically to my brain. Some sort of chemical reward system. I don't know biochemistry, but I feel better equipped to tackle my day just because of the exercise. Again, the physical stress helps take my mind away from the mental stress. Someone asked me last night if I was slimming down and I didn't know I was making any progress that was visible to anyone at all(maybe they were just being nice, but whatever, compliment taken) and IT FELT GREAT.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4643
« Reply #13007 on: January 27, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
My wife's friend's kid looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. I find him super creepy.

Does he like ham?

Lucas, Can you explain? I don't get the ham reference.  :o

Looks like RandyMistie got to this before I was back.  It's a line from MST3K # 818 'Devil Doll' about a living ventriloquist dummy.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #13008 on: January 27, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
My wife's friend's kid looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. I find him super creepy.

Does he like ham?

Lucas, Can you explain? I don't get the ham reference.  :o

Looks like RandyMistie got to this before I was back.  It's a line from MST3K # 818 'Devil Doll' about a living ventriloquist dummy.

Thanks to both of you.  I remember seeing that episode, but can't get the ham reference.  So....I'll watch it soon!  8)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13009 on: January 27, 2015, 11:17:41 PM »

Just cracks me up. I don't know why.  ;D

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #13010 on: January 28, 2015, 06:04:10 PM »
Is that Devil Doll?

Soguru

« Reply #13011 on: January 28, 2015, 06:41:52 PM »
I've been very emotional lately. There have been a couple horrible stories I've read about animals that just.... just broke my heart. Sometimes I just can't deal with life. :(

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13012 on: January 28, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »
My wife has just had to go on a twitter-facebook-news blackout because of horrible news upsetting her.
FINE

Soguru

« Reply #13013 on: January 28, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »
My wife has just had to go on a twitter-facebook-news blackout because of horrible news upsetting her.
I went on Facebook blackout a few weeks back. I just feel too vulnerable on there. I think I might know how she feels though. :(

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13014 on: January 28, 2015, 07:54:33 PM »
Is that Devil Doll?

Yes. In all it's dismal grey glory.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13015 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:26 PM »
I was driving home from Denver on Monday, and saw a homeless man... with his dog... absolutely crushed me how thin the dog was. I ended up going to Walmart and buying a small bag off dogfood and some poptarts and a gatorade for the guy.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #13016 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
Is that Devil Doll?

Ok. I just started watching Devil Doll. The first gut-busting line was seeing a poster of The Great Vorelli and Hugo, with a "Sold Out" sticker on the poster. Tom says, "Sold out? They must have run out of "cancelled" stickers."   :clap:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Soguru

« Reply #13017 on: January 28, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
I was driving home from Denver on Monday, and saw a homeless man... with his dog... absolutely crushed me how thin the dog was. I ended up going to Walmart and buying a small bag off dogfood and some poptarts and a gatorade for the guy.
Good for you! :) I hope they appreciated it. Kindness, even in small doses is so rare but when it's shown, it's all the more special and meaningful.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:29:26 PM by Soguru »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13018 on: January 29, 2015, 04:11:16 AM »
Is that Devil Doll?

Ok. I just started watching Devil Doll. The first gut-busting line was seeing a poster of The Great Vorelli and Hugo, with a "Sold Out" sticker on the poster. Tom says, "Sold out? They must have run out of "cancelled" stickers."   :clap:

That episode had me right at "I'm driving with my MIND!"
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #13019 on: January 29, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »
That was a thoroughly enjoyable episode!  8)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!