login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786063 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11820 on: August 29, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »
Cantaloupe is awesome, I can't think of a single fruit I don't like. Except cocoanut, cocoanut can lick my taint.

How can you not like a Mounds Bar? (or an Almond Joy if you feel like a nut). You crazy man.

And does this mean you like the Durian fruit? Has anyone actually tried one of these?

I actually have tried durian, it is also awful. The taste isn't that bad but the smell and texture are over powering.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11821 on: August 29, 2014, 10:54:03 AM »
Cantaloupe is awesome, I can't think of a single fruit I don't like. Except cocoanut, cocoanut can lick my taint.

How can you not like a Mounds Bar? (or an Almond Joy if you feel like a nut). You crazy man.

I also hate coconuts. Can't stand Mounds or Almond Joys (although I don't care much for almonds either). I can even taste it when coconut is added into chocolate (usually German chocolate).

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #11822 on: August 29, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »

And does this mean you like the Durian fruit? Has anyone actually tried one of these?

I actually have tried durian, it is also awful. The taste isn't that bad but the smell and texture are over powering.

I hear it smells like dirty old socks soaked in onion juice and left in the sun for a week. How accurate is that?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #11823 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »
Yep equally  vile and delicious, like Lyndsey Lohan at the beginning of her downward spiral.

Smells a bit like flesh a couple of days on the turn.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:55:14 AM by Tripe »

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #11824 on: August 29, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »

I hear it smells like dirty old socks soaked in onion juice and left in the sun for a week. How accurate is that?

It smells like a bag of fruit with a piece or two of meat that's been left in a cold damp place for a month or so with an added sickly sweetness to it, also a slight stinging perfume quality, basically it smells like a sweet decay. The actual taste is kind of a generic sweet jack fruit taste but with the consistency of stringy, wet custard.

I lived in a part of Oakland for a couple of years where the demographic was primarily Vietnamese and SE Asian expats, exotic fruits were common place and cheap. My favorites were lychee, chom chom, and dragon fruit. 

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #11825 on: August 29, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
Oh, I love lychee.  :)

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #11826 on: August 29, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
Oh, I love lychee.  :)

I've eaten so much of it I was blowing mud on a couple of occasions. You would like chom choms too, they're basically bigger lychees that are kind of hairy with smaller seeds, they also tend to be much more expensive most of the year.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #11827 on: August 29, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »
I've eaten so much of it I was blowing mud on a couple of occasions.

That's going in the quote collection.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #11828 on: August 29, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »
The fruit itself is not super perfume-y, that being said I know a couple of people who hate it. 

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11829 on: August 29, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Unky Des

« Reply #11830 on: August 29, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »

It smells like a bag of fruit with a piece or two of meat that's been left in a cold damp place for a month or so with an added sickly sweetness to it, also a slight stinging perfume quality, basically it smells like a sweet decay. The actual taste is kind of a generic sweet jack fruit taste but with the consistency of stringy, wet custard.

I lived in a part of Oakland for a couple of years where the demographic was primarily Vietnamese and SE Asian expats, exotic fruits were common place and cheap. My favorites were lychee, chom chom, and dragon fruit.
Durian is one of my all-time favorites: the "nutty" ones are best. Skipped dinner one night and, with a friend, ate three of them at a sitting and then drank liquor. My Singaporean colleagues were appalled: 'That's dangerous! Durian is heaty [sic]". This from an actual scientist. My absence of spontaneous combustion notwithstanding as evidence to the contrary: "Ah, you didn't drink enough to cause a problem."

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4467
« Reply #11831 on: August 29, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11832 on: August 30, 2014, 04:37:39 PM »
now follow me roll stroll whether it's hell or it's heaven
let's come take a visit of the people that's long gone they rest
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4467
« Reply #11833 on: August 30, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
I'm debating if I should post the trailer or wait a bit.

Edit: The movie's original trailer, I mean.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:27:12 PM by The Lurker »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #11834 on: August 30, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
Hmm...https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/505423061035024384

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen this.  Not sure how I missed it, between Hawk the Slayer and Beastmaster.

The title sounds SO familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen it, either.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!