login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1806252 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2650
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11265 on: July 10, 2014, 10:09:17 PM »
That avatar is giving me the heebie-jeebies.
FINE

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11266 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »
It looks like a very punchable face...

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Soguru

« Reply #11267 on: July 12, 2014, 01:09:25 AM »
You ever get that feeling that you're responsible for things that you're not responsible for at all? I get that sometimes. I remember after 9/11 in between spells of crying I would say "I could have stopped that", even though I was incapable of even knowing about it beforehand. I felt the same way with a lot of school shootings, the Colorado theater thing too.

My guess is that it's some kind of broken defense mechanism inside my head. Instead of coping, the default chemical signals inside my brain assign guilt where it should be grief. I think maybe my empathy levels are so high that there's some kind of hero mechanism in my brain that blames me for allowing bad things to happen even though there was no way to prevent them.

I've always wanted to be a hero. I've always wanted to save lives or help people have at least a better quality of life. I know this is in essence pretty naïve, even very childish thinking, but some part of me just can't let that fantasy go.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #11268 on: July 12, 2014, 02:56:50 AM »
You ever get that feeling that you're responsible for things that you're not responsible for at all? I get that sometimes. I remember after 9/11 in between spells of crying I would say "I could have stopped that", even though I was incapable of even knowing about it beforehand. I felt the same way with a lot of school shootings, the Colorado theater thing too.

My guess is that it's some kind of broken defense mechanism inside my head. Instead of coping, the default chemical signals inside my brain assign guilt where it should be grief. I think maybe my empathy levels are so high that there's some kind of hero mechanism in my brain that blames me for allowing bad things to happen even though there was no way to prevent them.

I've always wanted to be a hero. I've always wanted to save lives or help people have at least a better quality of life. I know this is in essence pretty naïve, even very childish thinking, but some part of me just can't let that fantasy go.

I feel the same way. I think I have survivors guilt just for surviving in a world where such horrible shit happens to good people. 

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #11269 on: July 13, 2014, 02:13:06 AM »
South Park Studios is gone... That website was like a beacon of light for me in the darkest of places...

Why did you let this happen to me Soguru? How could you do that? Have you no mercy? *cries*

Why Soguru? Why? Does your tyranny have no end?  Why didn't you stop them? :'(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #11270 on: July 13, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »
As sensitive as I am to such things, when I read some of the details of the gunfight at the OK Corral, I have to admit . . .

. . . it made me feel a little Earpy.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4513
« Reply #11271 on: July 13, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:31:49 PM by The Lurker »

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #11272 on: July 14, 2014, 04:55:11 AM »

This is called, clinically, Narcissism. The idea that only you can affect a completely random Universe, or that you can have any effect on the pin-ball machine in which we all live.

A lot of people take the weight of the world on their shoulders and think that it is noble. No. Just, yet, another form of solipsism. Our culture stinks with it.

Let me clue you in on something, you are never going to be famous, rich, or known, a hundred years from now, no one will remember your name. Do what I do; understand that this idea is a great relief. I know that soon there will be no evidence that I ever walked on this horrid planet. Humankind will soon be dead, there will be no one, NONE, to speak or remember our names.

This is a good thing....
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11273 on: July 14, 2014, 06:49:20 AM »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11274 on: July 14, 2014, 06:55:15 AM »

i always click "like" for gobots. :D
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11275 on: July 14, 2014, 06:57:38 AM »
Oh yes.. Leave it to Transformers to save humankind :speechless:

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11276 on: July 14, 2014, 06:58:35 AM »
i always click "like" for gobots. :D

I've got a near limitless supply!

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #11277 on: July 14, 2014, 07:05:32 AM »
Swipe, I love you, and I love your little poster.... but could you elucidate, or expound on Optimus Prime's little answer to my thesis?

7 billion people on the planet, 10 billion in a couple years. That's way, WAY too many large mammals on a tiny amount of arable land. I like statistics, so 90% of those people, by the stats, are C+ students, average, just stuff to fill graves... 5% are exceptional and show great mental acuity, (none of those people are on the internet so that's NOT you and me!) another 5% are chum... a human write off.

And according to actuaries, I only have 17 years left to live. That gives me comfort.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11278 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:47 AM »
It seems bad, sure, but every point in history does.  This is actually the most prosperous time in human history.  The population increase has already started to stabilize as more countries have developed, and the more a country is developed the lower the population rate.  The school system needs a major overhaul, but it could be worse.  Roughly 100 years ago people would have been lucky to have the headline about Obamacare or forcing employers to pay for birth control.  Because back then the headline would have been mostly about people dropping dead left and right from Spanish fucking flu.  Also, the merest glimpse of the wikipidea entry on narcissism will show what you said about that is incorrect.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11279 on: July 14, 2014, 07:28:41 AM »
I read that as Spanish fucking fly for some reason.. :-X