Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789118 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #10125 on: February 11, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »
My brother's baby should be arriving today. I've been getting messages involving phrases like "mucus plug", which is not a thing I wanted to know existed.

Yeah. Good luck UN-knowing that.
Hey now, childbirth is a miracle, a disgusting, blood drenched, pain adorned, terrifying miracle.

I love that I'm a man.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4646
« Reply #10126 on: February 11, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »
Would it be inappropriate to say to Cinderella, "Hey: nice Bibbity Bobbity Boobs"?

Only if you're NOT jonesing for a protracted meeting with H.R.

I suppose it does totally depend on context... I was thinking more like if one was the prince and married to her ...it might be an endearing 'inside joke' compliment to use at times.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:00:24 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10127 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »
My wife despises the Valentine's candy boxes, and as a result, never buys them.  I still enjoy them, so I usually buy a small one for myself.  It kind of makes me feel like a loser.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #10128 on: February 12, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
My wife despises the Valentine's candy boxes, and as a result, never buys them.  I still enjoy them, so I usually buy a small one for myself.  It kind of makes me feel like a loser.

Yea, my dad buys my sisters and one every year. I don't know which is more sad, buying one for yourself or getting one from your dad.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #10129 on: February 13, 2014, 08:20:38 AM »
I helped my daughter make her Valentine's box for school.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #10130 on: February 13, 2014, 08:37:24 AM »

Are you trying to marry off your daughter?  Get some boy to bring her a ring?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10131 on: February 13, 2014, 09:31:20 AM »

Are you trying to marry off your daughter?  Get some boy to bring her a ring?

No, because the first boy to bring a ring gets to watch it melt in front of him, thus sending a very clear message.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4646
« Reply #10132 on: February 15, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »
After my trip to Arizona, some people asked me if the National Parks there were pretty . . .

. . . I said one of them is absolutely gorges!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10133 on: February 15, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »
After my trip to Arizona, some people asked me if the National Parks there were pretty . . .

. . . I said one of them is absolutely gorges!

Canyon-ot start a pun war?

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #10134 on: February 15, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10135 on: February 15, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
Guess this is more random than raarrgghhhh

Stupid FCC allowing limited basic cable encryption...

It starts in 2 weeks here, next week I was going to look into ordering an HD DTA.  Come home from work yesterday and there's a box I wasn't expecting, from Comcast.  They sent out an SD DTA.  Off to the service center today and exchanged it for an HD one, pretty painless other than the half hour of driving around snowbanks.  Get that set up and activated and it's skipping the HD channels.  Go to the website and into chat, 10 or so minutes of that and the guy reprograms the box so I can get all the channels I'm supposed to.  Also fairly painless but annoying just for having to do it.

So I've got HD picture now but the power wasting, can't turn off, unnessesary box removes the surround sound, even over HDMI it only does stereo.  Was so much easier just using the QAM tuner on my TV, where I had HD and surround sound...

Ok, maybe more rargh than random after all.....

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10136 on: February 15, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »
Friend just told me that as far as he was concerned, I was taking medicine to become weaker. Then he justified how completely insensitive that is by telling me about his looming prison term because he's not foresighted enough to save any of his damned money.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #10137 on: February 16, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »
Friend just told me that as far as he was concerned, I was taking medicine to become weaker. Then he justified how completely insensitive that is by telling me about his looming prison term because he's not foresighted enough to save any of his damned money.

Yeah, I'm gonna make the call here and assert that the second part of that pretty much negates any weight or consideration one might ever give to the first part.

Oh, and sounds like it's time to trade up in the friends department. Any moron who thinks that strength is all about how many casks of ale one can lift off the ground is unlikely to be of much use as a friend, particularly as you get older.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10138 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:15 AM »
Now I have Worf's voice in my head saying "A warriors strength comes from within"....

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #10139 on: February 16, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
And remember, the higher...the fewer!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.