Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791514 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9885 on: January 14, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »
Would that prevent it from fogging up, though? Just because it's waterproof, that just weans water can't get into it.

It doesn't really fog up, but condensation does form on it like it does on the tile.  But it's usually still readable, and it's easy to wipe off the condensation with a swipe of your thumb, it is a watch after all, so it's small.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9886 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
I just have quick showers.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #9887 on: January 14, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »
Time doesn't exist when I'm in the shower.  It's just me and the hot water that slowly thaws me from my slumber.  It takes however long it takes.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #9888 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:23 PM »
I don't drink coffee or energy drinks or whatever (because I don't have a sense of smell and they all taste like bitter poison), so my shower is the only thing that wakes me up in the morning.  I absolutely hate when there's no hot water to wake me up.  Makes me so fucking mad.  I get mad just thinking about it!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #9889 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »
Oh, and when did smoking get so fucking nerdy?  Found this post on another forum.

I don't think this counts as risque content, so please if there's a mod out there who thinks otherwise don't hesitate to tell me.

Now that that's out of the way, does anyone else here have an e-cig? It would be cool if us vapers have a thread to discuss things in.

My PV (personal vaporizer) is the Silver Bullet from Altsmoke.com I currently use the IGO-W and IGO-S rebuildable atomizers and use 18650 AW batteries with it. I usually stick to low nicotine nowadays since I'm running dual-coils on the igo-w but I go up to 18mg when using the igo-s. As far as flavours I like my fruity flavors as well as traditional tobacco vapes.

If you're new to vaping and just started using one, have never heard of e-cigs, a veteran vaper, or just a guy who smokes and wants to quit; this thread is open to you and I'm open to discussing or explaining what this scenes all about.

NNNEEERRRRRDDDSS! 

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #9890 on: January 14, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »
Oh, and when did smoking get so fucking nerdy?  Found this post on another forum.

I don't think this counts as risque content, so please if there's a mod out there who thinks otherwise don't hesitate to tell me.

Now that that's out of the way, does anyone else here have an e-cig? It would be cool if us vapers have a thread to discuss things in.

My PV (personal vaporizer) is the Silver Bullet from Altsmoke.com I currently use the IGO-W and IGO-S rebuildable atomizers and use 18650 AW batteries with it. I usually stick to low nicotine nowadays since I'm running dual-coils on the igo-w but I go up to 18mg when using the igo-s. As far as flavours I like my fruity flavors as well as traditional tobacco vapes.

If you're new to vaping and just started using one, have never heard of e-cigs, a veteran vaper, or just a guy who smokes and wants to quit; this thread is open to you and I'm open to discussing or explaining what this scenes all about.

NNNEEERRRRRDDDSS!

Okay, looks to me like it's just another case of people making relatively simple things stupidly over-complicated.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9891 on: January 14, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
Working overnight, I've seen long timers who are no longer jolted by caffeine using nicotine patches, gum, and e cigs on breaks.  Many aren't smokers kicking the habit. They're just getting a pick me up.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #9892 on: January 15, 2014, 01:06:06 AM »
Working overnight, I've seen long timers who are no longer jolted by caffeine using nicotine patches, gum, and e cigs on breaks.  Many aren't smokers kicking the habit. They're just getting a pick me up.

Precisely what the cigarette people were hoping for.  Because - surprise, surprise - they are the ones who make the fake-cig nicotene delivery systems, which are FAR more effective in getting the drug into your system than are cigarettes themselves.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Nobody

« Reply #9893 on: January 15, 2014, 08:06:22 AM »

Precisely what the cigarette people were hoping for.  Because - surprise, surprise - they are the ones who make the fake-cig nicotene delivery systems, which are FAR more effective in getting the drug into your system than are cigarettes themselves.
Can't blame people for trying to stay in business, really.  In the end, it isn't the nicotine that kills people; it's the tar and other crap in traditional cigs that's carcinogenic.  So, they are essentially making a safer product. 

Sure, it's addictive, but then again, so is alcohol, coffee, and Krispy Kreme donuts...

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9894 on: January 15, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
I have a clock in the bathroom just hung really high up so I can see it over the top of the shower stall.

Good idea but I can't do that, the drop ceiling is too low, only about a 6 inch gap between the shower curtain rod and the ceiling.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9895 on: January 15, 2014, 02:23:09 PM »
I just have quick showers.

I just...wear my watch? (I wash underneath it)

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9896 on: January 15, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »
Drive the Adirondacks, or take the Thruway???

Shoulda taken the Thruway!!!

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9897 on: January 16, 2014, 07:27:45 AM »
I don't have any of my writing samples because they are confidential and owned by my previous company. What would work as a writing sample? In my downtime, I am working on some proposals for conferences. Should I get one of those nice and fancied up and use that as a writing sample?

Also: How often should one give a dog a bath...Maggie is kind of starting to stink, but is that just her natural smell?

Thanks, friends!
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Nobody

« Reply #9898 on: January 16, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
Day off.  Sipping an Arnold Palmer and reading a good book.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9899 on: January 16, 2014, 08:40:12 AM »
Once I do meet the love of my life, if I go to Facebook and talk NON-STOP about how wonderful he is and how much I love him, punch me in the face for being stupid.

There are TWO people (men?!?!) on my Facebook that do this right now. And I will delete them as soon as I get around to doing that...actually, I kind of want to post my feelings on gun control and let the rest sort itself out.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D