Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790104 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9765 on: December 28, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
When the quotes take up more than an entire page of scrolling, I think the joke has died.
:'(

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #9766 on: December 28, 2013, 09:38:17 PM »
why does my profile age have a picture of a slice of pie on it? has this forum been hacked?
Is today your birthday ???
Yes, it's my Internet birthday today: thank you.
Well then.. You got your pie, now eat it! 8)
Ok: I internet ate it. Just took one Byte.
Big byte though.  A megabyte.
May I please terabyte off?
Why did you take your piece from different parts of the cake?  Now we have to defragment it.
Frankly, I don't think you have the drive.
You guys stink. I asked Randy, and he confirmed it. See? Pee EWW!
Oh, RAM it!
Processing all these quotes is a hard drive indeed :o
We'll always have the memories.
Memory of what?  Mine got wiped.  [Hopefully I don't get a hard boot out of here.]
One more bit out of you and it's the Blue Screen of Death with you! :speechless:
Not again! I'd hate to see your mother bored.
This is why you're not compatible with Windows!
I simply can't process what's happening in this thread.
Just go back to a last known Backup and Restore Point, and Try Again :-X
Wuss dat ya say, Mac?

Now you guys are out of control, posting alternate stuff, and should be deleted...
Format your own thread buddy!  ;D
"Format C:" or "Format, si?"

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9767 on: December 28, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
why does my profile age have a picture of a slice of pie on it? has this forum been hacked?
Is today your birthday ???
Yes, it's my Internet birthday today: thank you.
Well then.. You got your pie, now eat it! 8)
Ok: I internet ate it. Just took one Byte.
Big byte though.  A megabyte.
May I please terabyte off?
Why did you take your piece from different parts of the cake?  Now we have to defragment it.
Frankly, I don't think you have the drive.
You guys stink. I asked Randy, and he confirmed it. See? Pee EWW!
Oh, RAM it!
Processing all these quotes is a hard drive indeed :o
We'll always have the memories.

Memory of what?  Mine got wiped.  [Hopefully I don't get a hard boot out of here.]
One more bit out of you and it's the Blue Screen of Death with you! :speechless:
Not again! I'd hate to see your mother bored.
This is why you're not compatible with Windows!
I simply can't process what's happening in this thread.
Just go back to a last known Backup and Restore Point, and Try Again :-X
I love a good forum quote pyramid.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #9768 on: December 28, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
Protip: If your boss tells you that it's not OK to swear on the job, or to use you phones, have them out or even on, DON'T DO THOSE THINGS. One of the major causes for loss of employment at Xerox is the phone thing, because it's part of the contract with Verizon. Swearing is ALSO a big no-no, because for every vulgarity that's heard by the customer, we get a 50k fine, and those mics are sensitive.  I'd been ignoring the vulgarity all week. I hadn't been cussing, but the two guys who sit next to me talk all the time, dropping "f***" and "s***" into conversations, almost every other sentence. It was annoying me, because even though I use those words on a frequent basis, they're against the rules. Then today, they were talking about football, and someone near them mentioned that they liked the Packers. One of those guys said, "Oh, you mean the Green Bay F*ggots? The Green Bay Fudge Packers?"

Like I said, I can ignore them ignoring company policy to an extent, but this word is a hot button for me, and my uncle called me fudge packer repeatedly when I came out the first time. It may not have been used against me, but I'm not going to tolerate EITHER of those things being said around me
Yes, and I'm sure when you get pushed completely over the edge, you'll write a very long aggravated post here followed by absolutely nothing there.

That would make sense if I was you, maybe. Seems I failed to mention that I DID tell my supervisor, who took it very seriously. If you don't like my posts, no need to belittle them; ignore me and move on. Stop being an asshole. :)
Mmm hmmm.  Sure.  I believe that.

I guess I could ignore your posts.  I've actually considered just putting you on ignore.  You could also just not make them, and deal with your problems instead of using a public forum as your personal therapist's office to make passive-agressive swipes at the people who annoy you.  Seriously, everything you write is some complaint about one thing or the other.  Do you not see how a person like that could be considered unpleasant to be around?

I just want to disabuse you of this misconception you seem to have that you're in a safe place among friends here.

What is your damage, Thrifty? You're kind of being a dick right now.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #9769 on: December 28, 2013, 10:40:26 PM »
Is there any particular reason you're being such an asshat, Thrifty?

I don't like people who constantly, endlessly complain about their personal problems.  Now and then?  Fine.  We all have our problems and we all need to vent.  But this QV character does it all the time.  Do you understand how some people might find this annoying?

Clearly, enough time has passed that you've forgotten about Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck. I've not done a post count or anything, but I see no evidence that QV complains any more than the average user here.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9770 on: December 29, 2013, 07:07:43 AM »
I just spent 30 minutes watching Ron Swanson clips on Youtube.

Worth it.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9771 on: December 29, 2013, 08:09:47 AM »
I am mighty impressed with all those puns you guys did.

If there was a forum award, that would be best set of puns. And I don't even like puns. Good job, all around!  :highfive:
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9772 on: December 29, 2013, 08:33:57 AM »
I am mighty impressed with all those puns you guys did.

If there was a forum award, that would be best set of puns. And I don't even like puns. Good job, all around!  :highfive:
Thank you, but there should be a warning about "Do not 'LIKE" the punsters: it only encourages them", similar to "Do not feed the monkeys".... and for similar reasons.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #9773 on: December 29, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »
Had a Dutch baby today. Delicious. Now it's a food baby.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9774 on: December 29, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
Congratulations VoC: I think we can now shut down the thread. That is about the randomest post ever.

Can you share the context, or is it one of those "cannot be unseen" Urban Dictionary definitions involving a surprised young lady and the contents of someone's lower intestine?**

[**
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:43:37 PM by Uncle Des »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9775 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:20 PM »

were you chased by a candy-cane on the way back?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9776 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
I've never heard that name, but looking it up I have heard of a German Pancake or Bismark before.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9777 on: December 30, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
Congratulations VoC: I think we can now shut down the thread. That is about the randomest post ever.

Can you share the context, or is it one of those "cannot be unseen" Urban Dictionary definitions involving a surprised young lady and the contents of someone's lower intestine?**

[**
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty sure it's just a Yorkshire pudding.
My wife makes the best Yorkshires!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #9778 on: December 30, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
I've never heard that name, but looking it up I have heard of a German Pancake or Bismark before.

Yeup. It's a german pancake. Lots of egg, and it puffs up real big. It was amazing. They referenced it on the Christmas Bob's Burgers.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9779 on: December 31, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
I've got new friends. They're pretty awesome. I'm glad I kept the job, since that's where I met them.