login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785067 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9720 on: December 24, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
You say that, yet you post it onpage 666!  Coincedence?  I think not!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #9721 on: December 25, 2013, 06:14:56 AM »
Well, you know what "Santa" is an anagram for . . .

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9722 on: December 25, 2013, 06:39:04 PM »
I actually had a good time this Christmas, even if I did feel kind of sad/weepy/whatever all day. I never realized how my family was so distant and cold. The kinds of jokes and love and warmth that I saw between everyone was amazing, and it made me realize that I've never really gotten anything like that from my own family. My mother says she loves me, and goes through the motions, but it never feels real, or genuine, or anything like what I saw today. It was really hard for me to keep my composure, but I'm glad I did, because I think it would've spoiled the mood. Making it about me and my unfortunate home life wouldn't have been fair to anyone else. It was pretty bittersweet.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9723 on: December 25, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »
I actually had a good time this Christmas, even if I did feel kind of sad/weepy/whatever all day. I never realized how my family was so distant and cold. The kinds of jokes and love and warmth that I saw between everyone was amazing, and it made me realize that I've never really gotten anything like that from my own family. My mother says she loves me, and goes through the motions, but it never feels real, or genuine, or anything like what I saw today. It was really hard for me to keep my composure, but I'm glad I did, because I think it would've spoiled the mood. Making it about me and my unfortunate home life wouldn't have been fair to anyone else. It was pretty bittersweet.

I am sorry things were so difficult growing up.  Hopefully this doesn't sound trite, but one great thing you get to take away from your experience today is: you are - despite your family - healthy enough to see, and recognize, and now know what to look for in future relationships with friends and significant others.  Coming from such an emotionally distant background, that isn't always the case, and shows a lot of psychological growth on your part.  Yes, your parents may be emotionally damaged from their childhoods, but you are escaping that.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #9724 on: December 25, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »

It's always interesting to experience other families like that. Whether you learn how good you have it, how a supportive and loving family acts, or just a different way to go about being a family, it's informative and eye-opening in one way or another.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9725 on: December 26, 2013, 03:23:26 AM »

It's always interesting to experience other families like that. Whether you learn how good you have it, how a supportive and loving family acts, or just a different way to go about being a family, it's informative and eye-opening in one way or another.

Everyone always thinks what they grew up with is "normal."  It's why people with shitty upbringings and bad parents often hate christmas, I think.  They assume it's like that for everyone and think the rest of us are just pretending to like it or something.

I agree with the first two sentences [though I believe I would have phrased them differently].  I don't, however, think that it is that, "they assume it's like that for everyone and think the rest of us are just pretending to like it or something."  I think it is more that those who hate Christmas because of how they grew up hurt more around the holidays, so they tend to naturally get angry [a protective measure when hurt] and lash out at those things that remind them of their own experience.  People who enjoy Christmas are just part of that group of reminders.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #9726 on: December 26, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »
Two of my old account's messages disappeared.  Now I need to post two more things to get it back to an even 10,000.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9727 on: December 26, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
To keep it at that magic number, you must never post again!

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9728 on: December 26, 2013, 04:13:36 PM »
To keep it at that magic number, you must never post again!
No, that's why I registered a new account.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9729 on: December 26, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
A website ad totally just told me I have 3 viruses on my phone. Oh snap!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #9730 on: December 27, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »
 :speechless: Why is there french spam about handbags all over these forums? :speechless:

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #9731 on: December 27, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
:speechless: Why is there french spam about handbags all over these forums? :speechless:

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9732 on: December 27, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »

Is it talking about Coach bags?!?!?

(diamonds flash in my eyes)
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3856
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9733 on: December 27, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »

Is it talking about Coach bags?!?!?

(diamonds flash in my eyes)
Michael Kors?? :o

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9734 on: December 27, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
why does my profile age have a picture of a slice of pie on it? has this forum been hacked?