Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785981 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9015 on: October 21, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
Eh. I'm not the type to preclude someone from eating when their hungry. I thought about doing the whole separate food thing, but it's just not right for me. My pantries have always been open to anyone who visits, or, in this case, lives with me. Besides, I have no doubt that he'd run out half way through the month, and not have any money to get more, and ask to eat mine. Dude does NOT budget well; that's why we run out.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9016 on: October 21, 2013, 02:41:49 PM »
Well your choice then.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9017 on: October 21, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
Why don't you just buy your own food? Have separate cupboards then nobody has to worry about the other person falling down on the food buying process.

My roommate is the most easygoing person I know. We've never had a serious disagreement in over 4 years. But we do the separate food things -- with an honor system caveat. He has his pantry and I have mine. But we can grab anything out of the others' so long as it's not the last of whatever it is and you eventually replace it next time you get something from the store. 

QV, some stores deliver. That's what I do. I have yet to pay a delivery fee. There is always a code that covers it.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #9018 on: October 21, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
QV, some stores deliver. That's what I do. I have yet to pay a delivery fee. There is always a code that covers it.

With my nearly-housebound limits (only being able to tolerate grocery shopping once a month), the massage therapist just today found a place I'd be interested in.  It is an organic food delivery service that delivers locally-grown (Michigan) organic fruits and veggies (as well as other foods, even locally-grown 'humanely grown' beef and bison) with no delivery charge.  [For me this was about to go in the 'WWWOOO' thread, but since it was relevant here I figured I'd add it to this discussion.]

QV, possibly there's something near you that could take the edge off.  If your roomie's out, he's likely eating something out there while you are left with nothing since you are at home.  You need to take care of yourself and eat regularly if you want your mood to stabilize and remain stable.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9019 on: October 22, 2013, 07:47:31 AM »
You need to take care of yourself and eat regularly if you want your mood to stabilize and remain stable.

Indeed, it's part of the PLEASE skills we learn in DBT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy#Emotion_regulation

This skill concerns ineffective health habits that can make one more vulnerable to emotion mind. This skill is used to maintain a healthy body, so one is more likely to have healthy emotions.

PhysicaL illness (treat) - If you are sick or injured, get proper treatment for it.

Eating (balanced) - Make sure you eat a proper healthy diet, and eat in moderation.

Avoid mood-altering drugs - Do not take non-prescribed medication or illegal drugs. They are very harmful to your body, and can
make your mood unpredictable.

Sleep (balanced) - Do not sleep too much or too little. Eight hours of sleep is recommended per night for the average adult.

Exercise - Make sure you get an effective amount of exercise, as this will both improve body image and release endorphins, making you happier.[9]
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9020 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:22 AM »
You need to take care of yourself and eat regularly if you want your mood to stabilize and remain stable.

Indeed, it's part of the PLEASE skills we learn in DBT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy#Emotion_regulation

This skill concerns ineffective health habits that can make one more vulnerable to emotion mind. This skill is used to maintain a healthy body, so one is more likely to have healthy emotions.

PhysicaL illness (treat) - If you are sick or injured, get proper treatment for it.

Eating (balanced) - Make sure you eat a proper healthy diet, and eat in moderation.

Avoid mood-altering drugs - Do not take non-prescribed medication or illegal drugs. They are very harmful to your body, and can
make your mood unpredictable.

Sleep (balanced) - Do not sleep too much or too little. Eight hours of sleep is recommended per night for the average adult.

Exercise - Make sure you get an effective amount of exercise, as this will both improve body image and release endorphins, making you happier.[9]

I'm well aware of the need to eat and it's effects on moods. We're going to try the separate foodstuffs in November. We'll see how it works. Also, bleh, DBT. One of my therapists had me try it, and it was absolutely horrid for me. Not saying that it's a bad method, I'm just an overwhelmingly cognitive thinker, so DBT didn't help me in the slightest.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9021 on: October 22, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
cognitive thinker
What does that mean? Cognitive means "pertaining to thinking", so I'm not sure what one would be except a cognitive thinker.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9022 on: October 22, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
cognitive thinker
What does that mean? Cognitive means "pertaining to thinking", so I'm not sure what one would be except a cognitive thinker.
When I say cognitive thinker, I'm referring to the fact that my brain does not handle emotions well and works at a very fast speed. I analyze and think things through, as opposed to going with my gut instincts. Tons of planning, lots of thinking, horrible overheating. The emotion thing can be useful sometimes though. I used to, more so than now, think with INCREDIBLE clarity during a crisis, feeling no panic, no stress, nothing.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #9023 on: October 22, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
I don't think there's much cognitive thinking happening with those clowns in Congress!!  Am I right?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9024 on: October 22, 2013, 09:24:17 AM »
cognitive thinker

i'm thinking about thinking, but not quite ready to yet.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #9025 on: October 22, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »
Mmmmmm pistachios

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9026 on: October 22, 2013, 03:05:52 PM »
I really, REALLY hate seals. They're mean, horrible creatures.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #9027 on: October 22, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
I really, REALLY hate seals. They're mean, horrible creatures.

Then you really must support the polar bears, who eat creatures...such as seals.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9028 on: October 22, 2013, 05:51:35 PM »
I like almonds. Plus they're good for you and shit.  I think I like everything on that list except brazil nuts.  Though I confess I don't know what filberts are.
Filberts are also known as hazelnuts.

Never heard of that! Wonder what the story there is... To the internet!
FINE

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9029 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
I like almonds. Plus they're good for you and shit.
Well I'll be sure to eat some next time I need a laxative :o