Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791844 times)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8550 on: September 17, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Speaking of deer.

Man hit one about a mile in front of me this morning.  Big one.  Me and the the driver in front of me stopped and he was OK.  Dazed.  Car was totaled.  Police and ambulence came so went on my way.

Stupid deer.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8551 on: September 17, 2013, 07:34:58 PM »
I ordered a one handed gaming keyboard off of Amazon last night. I'm damn excited for it to get here. My roommate may be an inconsiderate twatwhore, but at least I can get free shipping on Amazon orders with him around.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8552 on: September 18, 2013, 02:17:43 AM »
You ever just wonder at all the breeds of dogs that humans have selectively bred over the last 33,000–36,000 years and think:

"If we ever uplift them to our level of intelligence, we have a lot to answer for."?
On a similar thought: how long will it be until the only deer left are ones with genes that cause them to NOT wait by the roadside and then jump in front of your car.

well, that's learned behaviour not genetics. so: never.
No see, that's just what we want you to think.

wait, you're a deer? ???
Don't be silly.  Deer cannot type on keyboards.... yet.

this adventure time gif has never been more appropriate:

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8553 on: September 18, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
I've had 2 and a half cups of coffee in the last hour, and I'm planning on making many, many more. This is going to be an interesting day. God damn, my fingers are just dancing/flying/slamming on my keyboard. Typing is much more fun when you're fidgety.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8554 on: September 18, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
I've had 2 and a half cups of coffee in the last hour, and I'm planning on making many, many more. This is going to be an interesting day. God damn, my fingers are just dancing/flying/slamming on my keyboard. Typing is much more fun when you're fidgety.
This and the gif above it seem SO apposite.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8555 on: September 18, 2013, 05:28:58 PM »
You ever just wonder at all the breeds of dogs that humans have selectively bred over the last 33,000–36,000 years and think:

"If we ever uplift them to our level of intelligence, we have a lot to answer for."?
On a similar thought: how long will it be until the only deer left are ones with genes that cause them to NOT wait by the roadside and then jump in front of your car.

well, that's learned behaviour not genetics. so: never.
I'm not talking about dodgy Lamarckian / Scientology "engramatic" learned-behavior-induces-gene-shift BS, I'm talking about the instinctive (i.e. "hard wired", i.e. genetically based) urge to jump in front of my car that so many deer are predisposed to.

The baby crocodile with an egg tooth that does NOT rub the tooth against the shell dies: there's no way that is a "learned" behavior.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8556 on: September 18, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
Happy Birthday Louis Foucault. He is probably most famous in England, where his last name is used as a convenient expression meaning "absolutely nothing".

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5142
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #8557 on: September 19, 2013, 05:40:35 AM »
Considering all of those comic book and cartoon rip-offs of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the 80's and 90's. how come no one came up with Capoeira Capybaras?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8558 on: September 19, 2013, 05:55:17 AM »
Considering all of those comic book and cartoon rip-offs of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the 80's and 90's.
Samurai Pizza Cats and?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #8559 on: September 19, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »
Considering all of those comic book and cartoon rip-offs of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the 80's and 90's.
Samurai Pizza Cats and?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolescent_Radioactive_Black_Belt_Hamsters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Teen_Dirty-Gene_Kung_Fu_Kangaroos

Marvel had one with elephants, I believe.

There were more too.
FINE

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #8560 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
Oh wait - I think the one with elephants was a parody of their own X-Men.

It was pretty shitty also.
FINE

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4482
« Reply #8561 on: September 19, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
Power Pachyderms, I think.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8562 on: September 19, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
I REALLY hate waiting for the UPS guy to show up. Almost as annoying as the damned cable guy.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #8563 on: September 19, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »
For cat owners, something I remembered to do today (that I first thought of a few years ago) may be helpful to those with cats who use clumping litter: instead of moving the sift/scoop/shovel side-to-side, to keep clumps from breaking up as much and to sift quicker, try rotating the scoop gently (so: a slower circular move parallel to the floor).  The round motions keep the clump 'rolling' instead of them reacting to the holes in the scoop like a cheese shredder.  And the rotational movement appears to allow the un-clumped litter more opportunity to exit the scoop, even with slower overall movement than side-to-side sifting.  (The 'reasons' I gave are what I've deduced.)

Since it's worked for me with a couple different litters, I don't think it is the particular litter I'm using or the particular scoop that makes this work.  But you can try and see if it makes scooping a bit less of a chore.

* This has been a public service announcement. * Now back to our irregularly-scheduled random thoughts. *
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #8564 on: September 19, 2013, 06:01:33 PM »
Samurai Pizza Cats and?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolescent_Radioactive_Black_Belt_Hamsters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Teen_Dirty-Gene_Kung_Fu_Kangaroos

Marvel had one with elephants, I believe.

There were more too.
What about Biker Mice from Mars?