Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789659 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #6555 on: November 22, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »
I went to the one on Hall and Schoenherr a couple of years ago (the one Black Friday I ever participated in due to a deal on a 2TB external drive) and saw people carry a huge flatsceen like it was big game killed during a 19th century safari.

Fecking ludicrous.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #6556 on: November 22, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »
TRAITOR!!! You probably love Papa John's pizza too!!!!

I worked enough black fridays (three) to where I know to never participate.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #6557 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
Well I was in and out of the store in ten minutes, no queuing or anything like that, I don't really think there's any deal that would be worth doing that.

I've never had pizza from Papa John's now I come to think about it. Have you ever had it from J. Baldwin's, they're on 18 and Garfield you should check them out. :)

Incidentally would Schoenherr and Clinton River be an area you'd consider living?

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4475
« Reply #6558 on: November 22, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »
I used to look foward to Little Ceasar's in the cafeteria when I was in school.  It was much better than the pizza they normally served.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #6559 on: November 23, 2012, 06:03:22 AM »
So . . . I went to Walmart last night as planned and it appears they used bait and switch to get customers in the doors. According to one of the employees manning the movie/video game area, there never were any copies of Brave on blu-ray. So I just waited in line for almost 2 hours for nothing. Well, I was determined it not be for nothing, so I looked around and found a couple movies my wife wanted for $12 combined. Oh, and it turns out my discount doesn't work on Black Friday deals, so I'm glad I ordered the damn player online because it does work on their website (though I had to find out how through Yahoo answers). Bastards.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #6560 on: November 23, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »
While we're talking Black Friday horror, please keep my wife in your thoughts, as she currently is working her shift at a sporting goods store. This time last year I had a horrible morning working for GameStop, but her ordeal is sure to be worse, as it's for a much bigger store.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #6561 on: November 23, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »
So . . . I went to Walmart last night as planned and it appears they used bait and switch to get customers in the doors. According to one of the employees manning the movie/video game area, there never were any copies of Brave on blu-ray. So I just waited in line for almost 2 hours for nothing. Well, I was determined it not be for nothing, so I looked around and found a couple movies my wife wanted for $12 combined. Oh, and it turns out my discount doesn't work on Black Friday deals, so I'm glad I ordered the damn player online because it does work on their website (though I had to find out how through Yahoo answers). Bastards.

Bait and switch is illegal.  If you know the salesperson who told you that (or can remember them and see them again), get them to sign something to the effect that they never had any copies and you can pressure them into letting you have a copy for that price when they DO get some.  [All it takes is a threat to report them to your state's Attorney General and they usually fall in line.  I've done it before.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6562 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
this QFT assignment makes me want to kick babies and punch puppies & kittens. :angry:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #6563 on: November 23, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
While we're talking Black Friday horror, please keep my wife in your thoughts, as she currently is working her shift at a sporting goods store. This time last year I had a horrible morning working for GameStop, but her ordeal is sure to be worse, as it's for a much bigger store.

I heard this morning that my store manager almost got trampled last night at some point. Wish I could've seen that (she sucks).

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #6564 on: November 23, 2012, 05:46:36 PM »
Jesus, people really need to just chill the fuck out. There's a very angry, aggressive vibe out there right now.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6565 on: November 23, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »
Jesus, people really need to just chill the fuck out. There's a very angry, aggressive vibe out there right now.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6566 on: November 23, 2012, 06:07:53 PM »

fuck your slimy fish hide, eel boy! :angry:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #6567 on: November 23, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
I just hate dealing with these Lightning Deals.

"The Lightning deal said if I bought the Xbox now, and then bought 1 game at full price, a 2nd game at 3/4 price, and a 3rd game at 5/8th price, then I would get a $10 promo on the order, and another $20 promo issued for a future order if I sacrificed a goat to Ba'al in the light of a full moon, and a $5 mp3 credit issued if I pushed the button on a black box presented by a disfigured man. My question is: if a train leaves Cincinnati at 8pm central time, what time would my package arrive in Pittsburgh?"  :grr:

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #6568 on: November 23, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
I went to a local mall at midnight since my sister wanted to go. We waited in line about an hour before they opened. And when they did, the line broke out into a big clusterfuck pile of people. My sister was crammed in Victoria's Secret with a shitload of teenage girls buying half off yoga pants or some such shit. I stopped by Best Buy at 2 am though (which had died down quite a bit) and bought some Blu-Rays (the only things I really wanted to get). The amount of garbage outside the store was amazing. They actually had a porta potty outside the store too. :o

I went to Wal-Mart later this morning (around 10 am) and their movie section looked like a tornado hit it. And the movies on sale were crammed in a small aisle. What a great place to put it. ::) I also stopped by JCPenny and got slippers. 8)

It sounds like I'm complaining, but I had fun overall. Black Friday is getting worse every year though.

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #6569 on: November 23, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
I just hate dealing with these Lightning Deals.

"The Lightning deal said if I bought the Xbox now, and then bought 1 game at full price, a 2nd game at 3/4 price, and a 3rd game at 5/8th price, then I would get a $10 promo on the order, and another $20 promo issued for a future order if I sacrificed a goat to Ba'al in the light of a full moon, and a $5 mp3 credit issued if I pushed the button on a black box presented by a disfigured man. My question is: if a train leaves Cincinnati at 8pm central time, what time would my package arrive in Pittsburgh?"  :grr:

So.....you live in Pittsburgh?