login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789285 times)

anais.jude

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #4740 on: April 02, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
Well, yeah, context is key. But I find the parents who are completely fine with their kid being an utter shit even more strangle-worthy.

Most of the time parents seem to be smacking their kid or something equally nasty to get them to be quiet. I don't like that, no bueno!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #4741 on: April 02, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »
Pinching them works really well.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4742 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
Well, yeah, context is key. But I find the parents who are completely fine with their kid being an utter shit even more strangle-worthy.

Most of the time parents seem to be smacking their kid or something equally nasty to get them to be quiet. I don't like that, no bueno!
I know! Parents usually have such limited upper body strength, they can't really do it right. Oh, but when I step in to help, then I'm the one who gets in trouble!

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #4743 on: April 02, 2012, 04:27:37 PM »

The couple I know with the best-behaved kids do that. They pinch the meat of the thumb area on the hand. Painful, not harmful.

Yeah, don't pinch their eyeballs or groins.  There is a fine line.
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #4744 on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »

The couple I know with the best-behaved kids do that. They pinch the meat of the thumb area on the hand. Painful, not harmful.

I remember my mom doing that.  It worked.

Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #4745 on: April 02, 2012, 05:08:11 PM »
It absolutely worked. When faced with the prospect of my kids (I'm talking 2 to 4 here) running loose or not behaving when we were out and knowing that spanking them was inappropriate in a public setting and likely would get me reported to child services, a sharp little pinch on their butt was all it took to get them to listen to me (although I wish I'd thought of the pinch on the hand, that sounds like a better idea). It worked. I think I had to pinch each of them once or twice for them to get the message; after that I'd just give them a look and make a pinching motion with my thumb and forefinger, and that stopped whatever misbehavior they were thinking about. Now as adults neither one has bad feelings about it and they both say that if they have kids they'll do the same to them.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #4746 on: April 03, 2012, 02:45:09 AM »
Whenever my sister and I were acting up in public, mom used to do this thing where she would clench her teeth together and sort of shout at us so it sounded like the sound you make when you're trying to imitate a distorted guitar. She would say "DO YOU WANNA GO TO THE CAR???" and that usually got us to chill out. She had a quieter, much more terrifying version of it she would use in restaurants. Sometimes it was accompanied by the upper-arm grab. She liked to mixed it up a bit.

When things got really bad, she would just break down crying, which not only put an immediate stop to the shenanigans, but had us apologizing profusely for hours to come. She still does this from time to time.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Danecho1967

« Reply #4747 on: April 03, 2012, 03:52:02 AM »
I and my six siblings were raised in a very strict atmosphere. Drill sergeants have nothing on my mother when it comes to discipline. If we ever made the foolish mistake of acting up in public, she would simply give us a quiet death threat in her native tongue.

German is far more frightening when delivered in a soft tone.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #4748 on: April 03, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
Whenever my sister and I were acting up in public, mom used to do this thing where she would clench her teeth together and sort of shout at us so it sounded like the sound you make when you're trying to imitate a distorted guitar. She would say "DO YOU WANNA GO TO THE CAR???" and that usually got us to chill out. She had a quieter, much more terrifying version of it she would use in restaurants. Sometimes it was accompanied by the upper-arm grab. She liked to mixed it up a bit.

When things got really bad, she would just break down crying, which not only put an immediate stop to the shenanigans, but had us apologizing profusely for hours to come. She still does this from time to time.

I am not sure whether to like this or....
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #4749 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »

I am not sure whether to like this or....

:D

Tell me about it!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4750 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
My mother was second besties with God (the vicar would be besties obviously) you tended to do what she said. :)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #4751 on: April 04, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
I'm back. Not that I didn't plan on returning, just felt that I needed some time away, hoping things would cool off a bit here. Had a busy day running errands and taking a friend that just got back from drill for the Marines out for a few drinks so I'm feeling good about today. Should probably get some sleep soon but I'll be sure to get back to posting soon.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #4752 on: April 04, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
I and my six siblings were raised in a very strict atmosphere. Drill sergeants have nothing on my mother when it comes to discipline. If we ever made the foolish mistake of acting up in public, she would simply give us a quiet death threat in her native tongue.

German is far more frightening when delivered in a soft tone.

My great uncle used to babysit me.  He was raised by German parents.

I loved him bunches, but he could also scare the shit out of me.  Especially when he started talking in German, which he did when angry.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #4753 on: April 04, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
I'm back. Not that I didn't plan on returning, just felt that I needed some time away, hoping things would cool off a bit here. Had a busy day running errands and taking a friend that just got back from drill for the Marines out for a few drinks so I'm feeling good about today. Should probably get some sleep soon but I'll be sure to get back to posting soon.

Good to have you back, Space.  :)

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #4754 on: April 04, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

You're right, you did manage to come up with a clever new name.  ;)
Bonhead #2
fs!!