login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1712388 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 242
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19755 on: January 18, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »
Was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic 3 years ago. Changed what I was eating (eliminated most carbs and stopped eating all fast food, which I was eating far too often), lost 30 lbs. 2 bad A1C tests have since been followed by numerous good ones and blood sugar levels that have all been normal. Consider myself very fortunate that some simple lifestyle changes (that didn't seem simple at first) worked because it doesn't for everyone.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 457
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #19756 on: January 19, 2019, 05:15:50 PM »
I have a question, you know how practically every other dvd or blu-ray you get from the store/Amazon comes inside of a cardboard sleeve? I mean, they're cool, they're nice, but they make more work for you getting the movie out of the case, and after a while they all take up more room on your shelves. My question is this: what do you do with these sleeves? I mean, honestly I HATE to throw them out because most of them are really, really nice artistically speaking and everything. I'm just at a loss as to a simple solution.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19757 on: January 19, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »
After I rip the disc, I put the sleeve back over the case and put it in a shoebox. When the shoebox gets full, I take it to the basement and start filling up another.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2535
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19758 on: January 19, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
I throw most of those sleeves away.  I have kept a few, if they are really cool looking.  Most of the 3D blu-rays I have still have the covers if they had lenticular 3D images on the sleeve.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7888
« Reply #19759 on: January 19, 2019, 07:13:02 PM »
Sell them. There are collectors who really want them. I'm serious, check out eBay auctions.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3034
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19760 on: January 20, 2019, 12:36:32 AM »
Went to Albuquerque Comic Con today, where I got to hang with the likes of Alan Oppenheimer (Voice of Skeletor), Michael Bell (Voice of lots of '80s toons), and Bruce Boxleitner (Tron!). I haven't been to a con in a few years, and the landscape of the dealer floor has changed a bit. Transformers are way harder to find, Anime is actually way more scarce than it used to be, and there's a major uptick on Superheroes and Comic Books, which is as it should be, I suppose.

There are still plenty of wrestlers and ex-power rangers as guests, which I suspect will be the case until I die.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3688
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19761 on: January 20, 2019, 07:06:54 AM »
1 small advantage to working at your local post office is you can intercept your Amazon parcel instead of waiting for it to be delivered on Sunday ;D

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2580
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19762 on: January 20, 2019, 02:38:39 PM »
Sell them. There are collectors who really want them. I'm serious, check out eBay auctions.

I was going to say that - I'm too lazy to sell things that have to be posted myself though.
FINE

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7888
« Reply #19763 on: January 20, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
I never did it in individual sets, I'd do a lot of 20 or 30.  Might make $15-30 on them though.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19764 on: January 20, 2019, 04:37:07 PM »
I appreciate the suggestion, but given the amount of cases I have, if that's the case its just not worth it imho. Besides, if I start making money I have to tell Social Security then they'll just deduct what I made out of my next check. It's just not worth it.

I would rather come up with a more... artistic solution, like cutting them up and making a huge collage out of them so that I can hang on my wall or something. Of course God knows I'm not much of an artist so I'm not sure where to begin with such a delicate endeavor.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19765 on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:19 PM »
I don't get how people who scam other people live with themselves. It's not something I could ever do.
I interviewed with a company 6 months or so ago that I wasn't really interested in, but they gave me every indication that they were leaning towards offering me a job. But after 2 interviews, I never heard anything back about the job-never got a rejection- communication just stopped. Sort of. About every other week I get an email from them that is obviously not intended for me as it almost always contains some confidential information that they shouldn't be sending to someone who doesn't work for them. I responded to the first half dozen stating the obvious-I was included by mistake. Today I got an email addressed to me and a VP in their company that had a spreadsheet that listed all of their employees names, job titles, social security numbers, addresses, and salaries. I responded scolding them and deleted it, but man, they're lucky I am who I am.

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4277
« Reply #19766 on: January 22, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »
I have a question about riff requests.  If the thing is part of a series (Cannon Movie Tales, for instance) should I request them individually or as a single post?
Anyone?

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 453
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19767 on: January 25, 2019, 07:19:25 PM »
So, this morning before I went home, I joked with a resident that I'd bring Elvis to work with me tonight. Tonight, while getting her into her chair, I told her I didn't bring him. She said "I knew you were lying," and I responded, "I tried to bring him, but I couldn't get him off the toilet."

Probably the quickest most clever joke I've ever made.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19768 on: January 26, 2019, 08:33:51 AM »
I would have said something else like "I couldn't get Elvis off the couch, all he wants to do is fire his gun at TV sets all day".

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 453
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19769 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »
Decided to skip the gym today and do an at home workout. Found a dance cardio/full body thing that was 15 minutes, that's how long I've been jogging. I made it 15 minutes in. Ballet moves are fucking hard when you're a fucking fatass. Also, I need to remember NOT to miss my daily inhaler doses, needed my rescue to catch my breath.