Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1784850 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 562
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19740 on: January 11, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »
Lol.  Pretty sure Isaac's trying to deny he was ever on the Rifftrax forum.
Why on Earth would anybody ever deny being on this forum? IMHO it's one of the best things since Tetris for Game Boy.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 260
« Reply #19741 on: January 11, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »
Maybe I didn't read back far enough in this thread, but who the hell is Isaac?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19742 on: January 12, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »
I thought about this overnight and honestly I think it's best to leave certain topics alone. I'm not sure there's many people left on here that would want to discuss the topic of Isaac. Sometimes its best just to let the past go.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7908
« Reply #19743 on: January 12, 2019, 12:52:08 PM »
Maybe I didn't read back far enough in this thread, but who the hell is Isaac?

The Data robot on the Orville.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19744 on: January 12, 2019, 03:18:00 PM »
I thought about this overnight and honestly I think it's best to leave certain topics alone. I'm not sure there's many people left on here that would want to discuss the topic of Isaac. Sometimes its best just to let the past go.
That's cool. I wasn't looking to stir up any shit. The name was mentioned like it was someone everyone knew and I was just curious. Might have been drama before my time (I joined in 2009) but regardless, I have enough drama in my real life without social media drama (and this forum is my pretty much my social media-don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19745 on: January 12, 2019, 04:47:59 PM »
Vinegar is an ingredient I don't rely on enough when cooking. Made chili today using ingredients I've used countless times to make chili, but for some reason it was a bit bland- had heat and plenty of typical chili seasonings but was just a bit off. A couple of teaspoons of vinegar took it from being edible but not really good to great.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4462
« Reply #19746 on: January 12, 2019, 04:58:47 PM »
That's cool. I wasn't looking to stir up any shit. The name was mentioned like it was someone everyone knew and I was just curious. Might have been drama before my time (I joined in 2009) but regardless, I have enough drama in my real life without social media drama (and this forum is my pretty much my social media-don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Yeah, he was here just before you joined.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #19747 on: January 13, 2019, 04:16:27 PM »
He was a big Peter Jackson fan, possibly the biggest
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4462
« Reply #19748 on: January 13, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »
He was a big Peter Jackson fan, possibly the biggest
Lol.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19749 on: January 14, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »
I love my wife dearly, but she has been going through mid-life crises number 5 for the last couple of months and it’s driving me nuts (this time it’s either selling our paid off house, buying a much bigger one and having her mother come and live with us or us moving 1,200 miles away to buy a house near her mother and for her mother to come live with us there- either option would be absolutely stupid from a financial standpoint for us and something her mother would never in a million years agree to). My wife is leaving tomorrow to see her mother for a week and a half and I’m really, really, really looking forward to her being away for a while (and I kind of feel bad about that because part of the reason for her trip is to try and talk her mother into going into an assisted living facility- something that my wife and her siblings have reasearched and is well within her mother's financial means and would provide her with care  we couldn't provide even if she was living with us and really needs to happen because her mother really can’t take care of herself anymore).

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19750 on: January 14, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »
That kind of thing is actually pretty common when it comes to children's parents needing to be looked after. The number 1 reason people end up in a facility isn't because they're super ill or demented, but because they can't manage their own toileting habits anymore. The kids feel guilty, thinking that they need to take care of their parents, and by putting them in a facility, they've failed as a child. It sucks for everyone, but often it really is best being in a skilled nursing facility.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19751 on: January 14, 2019, 09:20:22 PM »
I really hope everything works out for the best Wihogfan.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19752 on: January 15, 2019, 07:19:04 PM »
That kind of thing is actually pretty common when it comes to children's parents needing to be looked after. The number 1 reason people end up in a facility isn't because they're super ill or demented, but because they can't manage their own toileting habits anymore. The kids feel guilty, thinking that they need to take care of their parents, and by putting them in a facility, they've failed as a child. It sucks for everyone, but often it really is best being in a skilled nursing facility.
That describes the situation pretty perfectly. I've been understanding and supportive of those aspects. It's the constant looking at house listings, talking to friends who sell real estate, and trying to get me to go to open houses that is driving me nuts. I long ago relented to her mother coming and living with us if that's what ends up happening  (although I think it would not work out well or be any better for her mother than her current situation-we're already paying for a caregiver/CNA to come to her home for a couple of hours every day to help her but she's at the point where that just isn't enough). Our current house is big enough for 3 people to live in and  there is no reason for us to move- especially when all of the houses my wife is constantly looking at are huge rich people houses that are outside of our income bracket.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6860
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19753 on: January 18, 2019, 03:33:39 AM »
i've had to buy four glucometers in three years. this is one instance that a global monopoly would be helpful.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19754 on: January 18, 2019, 01:22:31 PM »
Speaking of which, I'm glad I'm not diabetic... of course that could change one day.  :(