login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1625037 times)

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 269
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19650 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »
I had to call my clinic last week because I had a question about one of my meds. Anyways she was also nice enough to send her regards via her medical assistant who called me a little while ago. You know I really like my therapist at the clinic but I REALLY wish she wouldn't call me "sir". I mean Russ or Russell is fine, I just don't want to feel like I'm some sort of commanding officer or something. I mean yes I appreciate she's being respectful but something about that word in certain contexts has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2362
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19651 on: October 24, 2018, 05:08:08 PM »
Now I've got that scene from The Blues Brothers movie in my head, the end of the restaurant scene with the guy yelling "sir" over and over...

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #19652 on: October 24, 2018, 05:30:22 PM »
Now I've got that scene from The Blues Brothers movie in my head, the end of the restaurant scene with the guy yelling "sir" over and over...
That's where the soup was 10 dollars right? Damn, even by today's standards that's still WAY too much for soup.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19653 on: November 03, 2018, 09:41:26 AM »
Are any of these articles about ending daylight saving time ever going to get it correct?  They all go into the health risks of changing the clocks but all the ones I've seen end up mentioning they want to stop it from getting dark so early.  Hey idiots, what you want is to make daylight saving time permanent and end standard time.

I think they should split the difference and do a one time half hour shift and then stop the clock changes, but that will never happen.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3430
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #19654 on: November 03, 2018, 04:48:30 PM »
Made a video of some demo I'm doing on the house

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7NGAOVF9N0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/H7NGAOVF9N0</a>

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6656
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19655 on: November 07, 2018, 04:09:31 AM »
polish is turning out to be super hard to learn. very little in common with english and french.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3494
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19656 on: November 07, 2018, 04:33:33 AM »
polish is turning out to be super hard to learn. very little in common with english and french.
Probably because of russian interference :-X

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 202
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19657 on: November 08, 2018, 04:06:12 AM »
I don't know if anyone else deals with this, but I have a persistent fear that I will end a formal or business call with the phrase "I love you".

Does anyone else experience this?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19658 on: November 08, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »
Used to work in a call center, and I was always more afraid I'd end a personal call with "Thank you for calling Sprint PCS!"

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #19659 on: November 08, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »
When it comes to most media, whether it be music, movies or TV shows, I think there is(in theory anyway) always some aspect of what you LIKE that you find distasteful. I mean I love Star Trek DS9 to pieces but there are still some episodes in that show that I never care to ever watch again. I love the Simpsons but... I don't think I need to finish that sentence. I love the X-files but sometimes the tone of the show wears me down and eventually puts me in what I like to describe as a very "Bleh" mood. Then you gotta switch to something a bit more light-hearted.

I think this theory of mine applies also to music, I mean I can't tell you how many albums I've bought over the years and as much as I like most of if not all to some extent I can't help but think that sometimes there are songs I'd rather just skip over and never sync to my flash drive. Because I know that if they should come up next I'm just going to hit the button to play the next song.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's just too bad all albums and TV shows can't be perfect. 

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 300
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19660 on: November 08, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
Used to work in a call center, and I was always more afraid I'd end a personal call with "Thank you for calling Sprint PCS!"

I've got a thing for academic feminists, and I've got two professors who fit that bill. I'm terrified I will betray my crushes on these women or drunk email them.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19661 on: November 08, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's just too bad all albums and TV shows can't be perfect.

TV shows are certainly harder to get perfect, I can only think of a few that I like every episode, and even then there are always a few I will fast forward through parts when rewatching them.  So far The Good Place is batting 1000, no matter what episode I pick to watch I always want to watch the next one, and the next, etc...

Are you saying you haven't found any albums you think are perfect?  I can think of lots of albums that I don't want to skip any parts of. 

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #19662 on: November 08, 2018, 05:49:04 PM »
Are you saying you haven't found any albums you think are perfect?  I can think of lots of albums that I don't want to skip any parts of.
I should have worded what I said more carefully. Certainly there are exceptions, but just a glance at most of the albums I've bought there are usually at least one or two songs I care to skip. Perfection in music is rare, but it happens.

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3990
« Reply #19663 on: November 13, 2018, 09:32:05 AM »
Looks like the next Rifftrax is going to be another DeCoteau movie.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7855
« Reply #19664 on: November 13, 2018, 10:54:12 PM »
I dunno how much longer I can keep this up. The work is not fulfilling, the school is in turmoil, and there are assholes around who think that somehow "fixing the mission statement" will make the problems all go away.

Take about 30% of the responsibilities off my plate maybe, and that will make the problems go away.