login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807972 times)

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #9480 on: December 02, 2013, 02:05:38 AM »
Note to self:

Avoid sarcastic hyperbole.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #9481 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:16 AM »
My wife and I have talked about relocating to Canada.  Universal healthcare, an apparent modicum of respect for education, and no 2nd amendment impeding rational thought.  I'm sure it has its share of problems, but it's an attractive idea.

Considered it myself before I got married, but having lived in Texas all my life, I don't think I could handle the winters up there.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9482 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »
My wife and I have talked about relocating to Canada.  Universal healthcare, an apparent modicum of respect for education, and no 2nd amendment impeding rational thought.  I'm sure it has its share of problems, but it's an attractive idea.

Considered it myself before I got married, but having lived in Texas all my life, I don't think I could handle the winters up there.

I grew up in Wisconsin so I'm not worried there. On the contrary, I really really miss winter. It snowed briefly over thanksgiving in West Virginia and it was utterly magical.

That's the reason I wouldn't want to live much farther south than Pennsylvania, I sometimes miss the amount of snow we got in New England but needing to drive to work tempers that quite a bit.  I also wouldn't want to live too far north and have the summer be too short (and less daylight in winter).  Although I do wish I was it was less humid in the summer around here, not sure what region would have that mix.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #9483 on: December 02, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »
I am thinking about moving to Chile. I think if you find the right avenue to get to the new country, it's doable.

I would love to move to Canada, but I can't practice my Spanish there.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #9484 on: December 02, 2013, 11:06:08 AM »
Boy, that's weird. As far as I can tell, everyone wants to go to Canada.
Damn right, can't get good dim sum this side of the river, I go to Canada several times a year.

Why do all those notes have Sleeping Beauty's castle on them?

Also, I really like living in Detroit, there are a couple of other areas I'd like to live in (San Francisco and Savannah) but the only other places in the world would be Norway or Southern France.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:12:33 AM by Tripe »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #9485 on: December 02, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »

not that i want to drive up real estate prices for my eventual homecoming, but vancouver doesn't ever really get cold. winter there is mostly just drizzly rain for two months.

tripe: those're various bits of parliament hill.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9486 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »
I like the idea of Canada, and I've wanted to live in Toronto for years now. I've heard emigrating to Canada is pretty difficult, though.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #9487 on: December 02, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
Malaysia for me.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #9488 on: December 02, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »

not that i want to drive up real estate prices for my eventual homecoming, but vancouver doesn't ever really get cold. winter there is mostly just drizzly rain for two months.

You don't say . . .

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #9489 on: December 02, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »
Found a mouse or a rat scurrying around, so I laid out a mouse trap.  The trap worked, and now I have a dead mouse that I need to get rid of.  I'm... squeamish to say the least.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9490 on: December 02, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »
I'm just comforted by the fact that if all goes "The Postman" over here, Vancouver B.C. is only a couple hours across the border.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #9491 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
Found a mouse or a rat scurrying around, so I laid out a mouse trap.  The trap worked, and now I have a dead mouse that I need to get rid of.  I'm... squeamish to say the least.

I once found a mouse in a trap we placed in the water heater space. I saw it was still moving and thought "Oh no! The poor thing is still alive!"

It wasn't. Then the smell hit me. 

*shudder*

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9492 on: December 02, 2013, 06:21:05 PM »

I once found a mouse in a trap we placed in the water heater space. I saw it was still moving and thought "Oh no! The poor thing is still alive!"

It wasn't. Then the smell hit me. 

*shudder*
I don't get it, nor do I want to.

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #9493 on: December 02, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »
Zombie rats...

Now my irrational fear of the demonic creatures has kicked up a notch.  Great.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #9494 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:36 PM »
I'm guessing maggots were involved with the movement.  Reminds me of when I worked stocking pet food and picked up a tray of wet dog food cans that had broken open under the plastic and felt it moving in my hand.  The smell hit a second later.  First and last time to date I had ever violently thrown up at work.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky