Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807691 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #8760 on: October 03, 2013, 09:10:12 AM »
Just start saying random names in your head, one might click.  A book might help with that, don't get bogged down with meanings, if it sounds right when you say it that is the one.

As a secondary thought maybe think of nicknames that could be made from the name, so you can pick a long one and shorten it, like Cassandra (Cassy).

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #8761 on: October 03, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »
As far as C names go I've always liked Catherine.  It also gives you a lot of freedom with shortening (Cathy, Cate, Catie, Cat)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #8762 on: October 03, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »
As far as C names go I've always liked Catherine.  It also gives you a lot of freedom with shortening (Cathy, Cate, Catie, Cat)

Or Erin, if you're a jerk.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8763 on: October 03, 2013, 09:27:05 AM »
I've got far too many relatives named Catherine, or some variation of that, for it to be acceptable. :P

I've been through damn near every name starting with "C", and they're mostly unusable. Besides, I think I want to get away from a hard "C". I definitely need to be completely happy with it before I decide to stick, though. Maybe I'll ask someone to sit down and help me out.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8764 on: October 03, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »
Circe

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8765 on: October 03, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Are you just smashing your fist on the keyboard and adding vowels?  ;D

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #8766 on: October 03, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
Do you want something classic, something modern, something with nerdy references?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #8767 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »
Nope.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #8768 on: October 03, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
i've got two orientals!
dF = 0
d*F = J

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8769 on: October 03, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
Nope.
jnhijukokuee

I am

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8770 on: October 03, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »
Just start saying random names in your head, one might click.  A book might help with that, don't get bogged down with meanings, if it sounds right when you say it that is the one.

As a secondary thought maybe think of nicknames that could be made from the name, so you can pick a long one and shorten it, like Cassandra (Cassy).
How about Penny?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8771 on: October 03, 2013, 03:41:18 PM »

How about Penny?
Thinking through the alphabet, here's a list of letters I came up with that I'm alright with. I love narrowing things down. :D

A,,B,C,E,J,L,M,P,S, and T.

I'm shying away from C, like I said before, but I'm hesitant, because almost anything else sounds really different, which isn't a BAD thing, but eh... What we need is a name store, that's like a shoe store, where you can go in and try them on.

UncleDesmond

« Reply #8772 on: October 03, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »

How about Penny?
Thinking through the alphabet, here's a list of letters I came up with that I'm alright with. I love narrowing things down. :D

I'm shying away from C, like I said before, but I'm hesitant, because almost anything else sounds really different, which isn't a BAD thing, but eh... What we need is a name store, that's like a shoe store, where you can go in and try them on.
Get a baby book (like someone already suggested) and look in the mirror and read each name out and repeat it a few times and see if that fits your self-image.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #8773 on: October 03, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »

How about Penny?

Get a baby book (like someone already suggested) and look in the mirror and read each name out and repeat it a few times and see if that fits your self-image.

I'll try that sometime, I guess. It seems like a good idea.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #8774 on: October 03, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »
From what I've seen marriage ruins sex.  For example, my friend Tonya has been married twice.  She lived with the first guy 3 years, they divorced a bit over a year later.  She's been with husband number two 9 years.  They married this year and are having major problems.

Marriage blows.
Opticians are easy on the eyes