login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1809229 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #6840 on: January 09, 2013, 03:02:58 AM »
Hey anyone know what happened to that monolith thingy? I ask because I saw it on a milk carton the other day with the rather curious caption "Have you seen me?"

last i heard, it was hanging out with the gallileo orbiter.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #6841 on: January 09, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »
This wasn't quite emotional enough to use the RRRAAARRRGGGHHH! thread. :)

Since I use it so rarely, I have a rather basic cellphone.  [Talking on the phone being as draining as it is to me from the head injuries, I only carry it with me when I am out of the house - three times a month - for emergencies, and really only use it on X-mas, birthdays, Fa's/Mo's Day, when I talk with family.]

But, particularly with the Blu-ray of 'Our Man Flint' being released on Blu-ray [limited edition of 3000 HERE, for those interested], I really had wanted to change my phone's ring tone to that which is on the Red Phone (hotline to the President) in the Flint movies.  But my phone, being as minimal as it is, I recently found it can't change ringtones from those which are manufacturer-set.

[The second (often first) choice for ringtone was going to be Perry's 'purr' from Phineas & Ferb... a sound I found a clean copy of at the end of an episode, which I ripped to a WAV file on my computer in order to ultimately translate it to a ringtone when I ultimately found how to change my ringtone.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Gunflyer

« Reply #6842 on: January 09, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
Crap I just put a post in the wrong damn thread. My head is messed up lately. :( Chalk it up to my anxiety screwing my brain into oblivion. :(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:36:34 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2667
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #6843 on: January 09, 2013, 09:58:14 PM »
[The second (often first) choice for ringtone was going to be Perry's 'purr' from Phineas & Ferb... a sound I found a clean copy of at the end of an episode, which I ripped to a WAV file on my computer in order to ultimately translate it to a ringtone when I ultimately found how to change my ringtone.]

Hey, that would be a good ringtone....  I used to use Flight Of The Bumblebee, then several years ago I switched to the theme from The Pink Panther.  Perry's sound might be a good one for when an email arrives....

Gunflyer

« Reply #6844 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »

Hey, that would be a good ringtone....  I used to use Flight Of The Bumblebee, then several years ago I switched to the theme from The Pink Panther.  Perry's sound might be a good one for when an email arrives....
Call me crazy, but I would love for the theme to Ironside to be my ringtone.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #6845 on: January 09, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »

Call me crazy, but I would love for the theme to Ironside to be my ringtone.

???

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #6846 on: January 10, 2013, 03:11:22 AM »

For e-mail on the computer, I ripped a Rocky & Bullwinkle pre-commercial segment.  It was on my mind for e-mail since getting e-mail, but until I had an appropriate source to rip from (the DVDs) and program to rip with (Wondershare Video Converter), I couldn't do it.  That incoming e-mail sound is:

Rocky:        "Look Bullwinkle!  A message in a bottle!"
     Bullwinkle:  "Fanmail from some flounder?"
     Rocky:        "No, this is what I really call a message!"
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #6847 on: January 10, 2013, 02:39:17 PM »
So, I started feeling achy today.  I'm hoping it's just from this damn cough that I've had off and on since Thanksgiving.

But I got a bad feeling about this, just feel crappy.  Got a doctor's appt first thing in the morning. 
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #6848 on: January 10, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
because doctors will always help. unless they're trying to get you vaccinated. then they're devious scumbags.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #6849 on: January 10, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »
Because I'm sick of this damn cough, the aching is just a bonus
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #6850 on: January 10, 2013, 04:00:35 PM »
Yeah, I'd say if you haven't been feeling right for going on two months, it's time to see a doctor.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Gunflyer

« Reply #6851 on: January 10, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »
Seems like everyone is sick lately. :(

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #6852 on: January 10, 2013, 04:49:25 PM »
Normally this would be my cue to say "not me!" but acute prostatitis is a bitch. :(

Gunflyer

« Reply #6853 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »
Normally this would be my cue to say "not me!" but acute prostatitis is a bitch. :(
Ack.... sorry. :(

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #6854 on: January 10, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
From my FB and Twitter feeds the annual surprise/anger over the Oscar nominations seems more subdued than usual, I wonder if that means the 10 best picture nominations thing is working.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)