login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 2042675 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1668
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20160 on: March 15, 2020, 10:00:01 PM »
I'm literally being put in a taxi halfway through the workday to our backup location and a bunch of us are working there for the time being
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3490
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20161 on: March 15, 2020, 10:47:08 PM »
I'm literally being put in a taxi halfway through the workday to our backup location and a bunch of us are working there for the time being

Sounds like a trap
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1668
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #20162 on: March 16, 2020, 12:45:53 AM »

Sounds like a trap

It's just me, the telephone sanitisers and the marketing executives.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3992
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20163 on: March 16, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
So the other day, I was buying frozen vegetables from Dollar Tree, because the supermarket was out because of our ongoing apocalypse, and the lady in front of me had a cart packed with sanitizer and TP.

"That's odd," I thought, "I didn't see any TP or Sanitizer on the shelves. She must have just wiped this place out."

Meanwhile, at the front of the line, the checkout lady was having trouble scanning something for the customer. That's when the lady in front of me ran to the register and tapped in a code. SHE WAS THE STORE MANAGER! She must have had the cart stashed away in the back all day. When I got to the front of the line, she actually turned to me and apologized for the wait. She said this was the first chance they've had all day to make their personal purchases, because things had been crazy. She had to break up 3 fights that day.

So I didn't say anything because I'm conflict-averse, and also because she's a retail-warrior, and that day must have been hell for her, so maybe she earned it in a way? I dunno..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5327
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20164 on: March 16, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »
Bet you anything she was going to resell it..
Granted she probably doesn't make much money even as a manager so I'm sure she's trying to make some side money  :-X

Offline Russoguru

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1199
  • Everyday ends with a tums festival!
« Reply #20165 on: March 16, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »
This whole self-quarantine thing is hurting me in more ways than one. One of the best ways of dealing with my Bipolar is getting out of the house for a while... and I can't even fucking do that without a good reason. I had an appointment with my psychotherapist today, but unfortunately she called and said the appointment was cancelled and we'd just do our appointment over our webcams. Thus, my good reason for getting out of the house for a few hours is now gone.

I will have to wait until Wednesday to go anywhere now. I have an appointment with my Doctor on Wednesday that I cannot miss.

I just had a funny thought today. In a couple months I am turning 42 and I really, really, really hope I get laid on my birthday. I mean the chances I'll run into a woman who wants to throw herself on top of me is about 1 in 100,000,000, but at least that means there is a possibility it can happen.
"In all my years of conquest, violence, and slaughter, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm going to enjoy it... very very much."
-Thanos

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 383
« Reply #20166 on: March 16, 2020, 05:15:08 PM »
Not in a business that will shut down as we're part of the grocery store supply chain. People at work begging for a shut down driving me nuts as we're small enough that a shut down would likely mean we'd all be out of jobs. I'd love a couple of weeks off too, but not if it means I don't have a job to return to.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1262
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #20167 on: March 16, 2020, 06:03:12 PM »
Olathe Schools out until the 5th. On the plus side, though, I'll still be getting paid. Thanks, Coronavirus!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20168 on: March 17, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »
There are currently 40 cruise ships stuck at sea past their scheduled end waiting to be cleared for approval to disembark. Being stuck on a mediocre floating hotel would be my idea of hell.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20169 on: March 17, 2020, 05:06:30 PM »
There are currently 40 cruise ships stuck at sea past their scheduled end waiting to be cleared for approval to disembark. Being stuck on a mediocre floating hotel would be my idea of hell.
After my recent cruise last month, I'd think of it as an extended time away from reality but would probably be ready to get off the boat after week 2 or maybe week 3  :-\

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #20170 on: March 17, 2020, 05:36:25 PM »
Cruise ships just not my thing. Like my vacations to be relaxing. Don't find standing in lines or short stops at crowded tourist destinations or cabin rooms the size of closets relaxing.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20171 on: March 17, 2020, 06:38:20 PM »
Cruise ships just not my thing. Like my vacations to be relaxing. Don't find standing in lines or short stops at crowded tourist destinations or cabin rooms the size of closets relaxing.
We don't like crowds either. We got a wrap around balcony to enjoy the view of the sea and only went out for meals and brought them back to the room to avoid being around other people. We never get interior rooms. As for tourist spots, we avoid group tours and shore excursions and went wandering around on our own for a couple hours then went back to the boat. Cruises aren't for everybody but we had fun.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
« Reply #20172 on: March 17, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »
Linda and I went on a cruise once. It was nice. Same deal as RVR, big cabin, lots of room. It was a Disney cruise so we had no kids and they had a strict adult only section/ kids only section for pool, hot tubs, beaches, everything... most people bring kids on Disney stuff so... we basically had the place to ourselves... it was great.

But it was only the once. And since then, I know friends who got meningitis and other horrible viruses on cruises, so yeah, never again...
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20173 on: March 18, 2020, 03:23:43 AM »
I've only been on 2 Carnival cruises, the Glory out of Port Canaveral back in 2007 with my late wife and then the Sunshine last month out of Charleston.
We checked out Disney cruises but they were expensive and didn't want to be around kids.
We have another cruise reserved for the last week of August but that could be in jeopardy if this Covid 19 isn't brought under control by then  :-\
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:25:29 AM by RVR II »

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7443
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #20174 on: March 18, 2020, 03:32:00 AM »
i have an idea that a cruise newfoundland-iceland-scotland-norway (either direction is fine by me) would be really interesting, but the reality is probably that it'd be terrible.
dF = 0
d*F = J