login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1897767 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 850
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #20145 on: March 11, 2020, 03:23:41 PM »
Today I'm flying back To Albuquerque after I change planes in Dallas.This trip had it's ups and downs but I think I'll have plenty of fond memories for everything that happened In the last 7 days.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20146 on: March 11, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »
A few months ago and again this week there were a lot of trucks and trailers parked about a mile south of my house, and the last few days a street has been blocked off with a police barricade and those same trucks parked in a line down that street.

Finally remembered to look up the name on the trucks and it's a film crew rental company (Haddad's).  So someone is filming something nearby.

Edit: Only film or show I can find that is shooting in the Philly area right now is HBO's 'Mare of Easttown' starring Kate Winslet.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:50:13 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20147 on: March 12, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »
I subscribe to a lot of business mailing lists, because that's what Email is good for these days and I like coupons. It's been really surreal getting Enails from Subway, PetSmart, Best Buy, and- yes- Golden Corral, all wanting to do real-talk about the Coronavirus. I kind of get it, because sales are low, and people want to address the fears that keep people away from business, but at the same time is anyone watching their mailbox and waiting for confirmation that KFC is on this before they grab their Double-Down?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:58:47 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20148 on: March 12, 2020, 04:00:53 PM »
The PA governor has ordered just about everything in Montgomery county closed except for gas stations and grocery stores.

Theaters, the giant King Of Prussia Mall, and loads of other places all to shut down tomorrow.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4442
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20149 on: March 12, 2020, 04:34:01 PM »
Our SC governor seems to act like this is no big deal and is not doing much of anything so far :-[

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20150 on: March 12, 2020, 05:49:44 PM »
NM has shut down public schools for three weeks. As fate would have it, I have the option to telecommute, and I've just been given the word that I should telecommute every day until further notice, so I can kinda watch him when I can't call in a grandma, but I feel for those who don't have that capability.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2913
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20151 on: March 12, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
I'm getting set up to work at home - shouldn't cause an issue for me - My wife probably won't be able to though.
FINE

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #20152 on: March 13, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »
On the lighter side, I stumbled on this somewhat old parody. Pretty enjoyable for anyone that liked Big Trouble in Little China. That they got James Hong to appear in it and John Carpenter liked it only adds to it. (Hong does appear a little later in it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiAbDkXDgg

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6257
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20153 on: March 14, 2020, 04:14:48 PM »
So I have caved and gotten DC Universe. I binged the Harley show and it was great. But what I'm confused about is how do I get to my Favorites list? I don't see it anywhere on the website.
EDIT: So I finally found it. In the upper right, selecting on my account name brings a pulldown that has the "My DC" option. The gets me to a page that has the link the Favorites on it. That is not intuitive at all. There should be a main tab option that says Favorites.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 04:25:05 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20154 on: March 15, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »
State liquor stores in my area will be closed starting Tuesday.

So the stores are now packed with people trying to stock up, brilliant!

And once closed all the alcoholics will be driving to other counties to get their booze.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #20155 on: March 15, 2020, 06:58:18 PM »
State liquor stores??

Has anyone checked where Marcel from Friends is?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
« Reply #20156 on: March 15, 2020, 07:18:29 PM »
I remember state run liquor stores being a thing in Pennsylvania. Not sure if they've changed, but at the time you could only buy beer by the case at them. Bars could sell 6-packs to go (which always seemed like a dumb thing to me), but they were pretty expensive.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #20157 on: March 15, 2020, 08:37:43 PM »
America is weird AF
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 498
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20158 on: March 15, 2020, 09:20:37 PM »
I'm getting set up to work at home - shouldn't cause an issue for me - My wife probably won't be able to though.

I was asked if I had stable internet to work from home (I do). That's the most I've gotten from my low-end position which has never been designed for remote working, but it'll be interesting if it happens. I would get to be with my wife & 1.5 year old all day, so that would be cool. Scary thing is that I work for a small company which will likely suffer one way or another from all this. Keeping strong and staying positive for now.

22 cases in my state (AL) btw, 13 in our county (next leading county is 3). Hmmm.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:27:27 PM by stansimpson »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20159 on: March 15, 2020, 09:34:58 PM »
I remember state run liquor stores being a thing in Pennsylvania. Not sure if they've changed, but at the time you could only buy beer by the case at them. Bars could sell 6-packs to go (which always seemed like a dumb thing to me), but they were pretty expensive.

It's still the same, beer is sold by the case from distributors, 6 packs in bars, everything else is sold by the state in their own stores.  They have started to allow 6 packs to be sold at places other than bars, but the rules are so stupid that those places are few and far between.