Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1809094 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11310 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »
Nope, I think we are far from reaching our potential.  I think we are heading in the right direction though.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11311 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
if you love somebody, set them on fire.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #11312 on: July 14, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »
On the whole, I'd much rather spend time with an older person who thinks his life used to be better than a younger person who thinks his current life situation is worse than it actually is.  Met them both.  No contest.

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #11313 on: July 14, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »
"We are an innovative species, and we can handle population growth..." Jus-The -Trax, said.

He backs out of his original assertion and falls back on technology. Well, sir, I've seen the TED Talks crap and it is horrifying to me. If technology gets us out of this mess, then, you must understand that the mega-conglomerate that owns that tech will own you!

Let us say, and let us pray, that technology is not what saves us. They don't save us out of the goodness of their hearts; they want cash, poor people will still starve. There are amazing technologies out there that could save us, but board-rooms are scurrying for patents and rights and the legal right to subjugate us poor shlubs.

I was writing a novel based on this premise and then I just got depressed.

Rev. Randy
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11314 on: July 14, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »
There are amazing technologies out there that could save us, but board-rooms are scurrying for patents and rights and the legal right to subjugate us poor shlubs.

yes! of course! and 9/11 was an inside job! and the contrails are giving us all bird flu! and vaccines cause autism!
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11315 on: July 14, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »
Nope, I think we are far from reaching our potential.  I think we are heading in the right direction though.

Swipe, if you think straight into a brick wall is "reaching our potential" then I agree!

Listen, you have blondes to have sex with and red-heads to marry. Think not these troubling thoughts. I wanna see pics on the site of your wedding! Throw the horns up for Randy in one of the pics.... and then I can die a happy man...

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #11316 on: July 14, 2014, 12:22:52 PM »

That's still wrong. There's no "direction" in history any more than there is in evolution.  There's just things that happen. We're not evolving towards some specific ultimate goal, we're just reacting to our environments. Same with cultures, really.

Yeah, the human race in general hasn't changed a whole lot in the last several thousand years.

Morality changes, the current one is always considered the best, older ones bad.  Some of that is quantifiable as improvement.

Technology continues to improve, people equate this too closely with humanity improving.  We certainly don't improve as fast as our tools and toys.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11317 on: July 14, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
That's still wrong. There's no "direction" in history any more than there is in evolution.  There's just things that happen. We're not evolving towards some specific ultimate goal, we're just reacting to our environments. Same with cultures, really.

Its a metaphorical direction.  I disagree though.  There are lots of people who are working for a better future, it may not be the ultimate goal, but it is definitely getting better.  Life expectancy has been increasing, child mortality has been decreasing, crippling diseases like polio have been eliminated, civil rights movement are succeeding, working conditions are better.  This is not random chance.  People have been actively working to change these things.  Like I said, this is not the pinnacle of human civilization but conditions continue to improve.

Listen, you have blondes to have sex with and red-heads to marry. Think not these troubling thoughts. I wanna see pics on the site of your wedding! Throw the horns up for Randy in one of the pics.... and then I can die a happy man...

I am still looking out for that red head!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11318 on: July 14, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
There are amazing technologies out there that could save us, but board-rooms are scurrying for patents and rights and the legal right to subjugate us poor shlubs.

yes! of course! and 9/11 was an inside job! and the contrails are giving us all bird flu! and vaccines cause autism!

No. I believe none of that. Also I do not believe in ghosts, goblins, an afterlife, gods, magic, angels, demons, aliens, or any conspiracy theories, (apply Ahkom's Razor); in my shrivelled heart there is no room for wonder or hope.

But I am a business-man, and I know how they work. And I have seen what I have seen.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11319 on: July 14, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »

Its a metaphorical direction.  I disagree though.  There are lots of people who are working for a better future, it may not be the ultimate goal, but it is definitely getting better.  Life expectancy has been increasing, child mortality has been decreasing, crippling diseases like polio have been eliminated, civil rights movement are succeeding, working conditions are better.  This is not random chance.  People have been actively working to change these things.  Like I said, this is not the pinnacle of human civilization but conditions continue to improve.

I am still looking out for that red head!

Ah, Swipe, poor na├»ve, Swipe.... America is 27th in life expectancy and child mortality (straight mean line), education is 67th or 52nd among developed countries depending on who you ask, but it is low, polio vaccine wears off,  civil rights? Ask a black man in Detroit or LA, or Baltimore. Working conditions are much worse for American workers since the gub'ment busted the unions, and what about Southeast Asia, China, Korea, or Latin America, I think the little kids forced to work for 50 US dollars a month, with no breaks or pollution controls or Osha-safety standards, might disagree with you.

I work for a private, PRIVATE company that controls all the water in PA. This will become standard. Water will be privatized. And if water is privatized what other gub'ment authorities will be turned over to share-holders?

The next world war will be over water, not oil. That is the Pentagon's assertion, not mine....

Anyways, that is depressing... let's talk about Swipe's up-coming wedding!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11320 on: July 14, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
I post stuff and I post stuff... and still I "Am not hurt by pain" I mean, I love "Roadhouse" as much as the next guy, but what is the next level?

"Big Montana"? "Dragon Ryder?" that's kinda gay, no offense, Swipe!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11321 on: July 14, 2014, 01:49:39 PM »
I post stuff and I post stuff... and still I "Am not hurt by pain" I mean, I love "Roadhouse" as much as the next guy, but what is the next level?

"Big Montana"? "Dragon Ryder?" that's kinda gay, no offense, Swipe!
I can't remember.. It's been sooooo long ago :P

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11322 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
I think its Mayor of Nilbog.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11323 on: July 14, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »
Seriously, Swipe, I sent a blonde at you, as a lark but I see in the cards a blonde will stab you in back. Literally... with a knife.... stabbing.... she's a bad woman. You will survive but she will then sue you!

Stay away from blondes!

Now the red-headed woman will treat you well, and you will have beautiful children with her. Although she will have difficulty conceiving at first. Your daughter will not be born for... four(?) possibly three years after you are married.

Once she is born, she will become the absolute center of your Universe... and she is so cute! And smart! I hope all of my dire predictions and dour silliness's are very wrong. You may have a boy after the girl.... that is unclear. If you do have a boy he will be very quiet, and shy, even as your girl is very loud and boisterous, (but, in a good way).

Of course, I very well could be, full of shit. I read tarot cards to get through college, I knew it was a con then, and I still do.... but.... here's what I see, disregard it as you will.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11324 on: July 14, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »
I think your cards are a joke and you speak malarkey.  If you had said the opposite I might have given it a second though but I already dont trust blondes.  Getting stabbed by a red head is far more possible.  They are kind of like my kryptonite.  One made me look like an idiot in my youth but I am still very attracted to red heads with a specific look.