Author Topic: Highlander: The Source  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Radd

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • Gaming FM
Highlander: The Source
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:33:43 AM »
Ok, so I've seen all of the Highlander movies, and was a casual viewer of the television series.  I wouldn't call any of it terrible, I'd use the words "okay" or "not bad". 

An avid MST3K viewer, and now purchaser of Rifftrax, I have registered and become a member on these forums to pass along the word that the latest entry in this series, Highlander: The Source (starring Adrian Paul) is begging to be riffed by Mr. Nelson and his cohorts.  My wife and I sat down a few nights ago to watch this "Sci-Fi Original" (apparently too terrible to be picked up for theatrical distribution).  We very quickly realized why this was not theater-worthy.  Within the first five minutes my wife and I were performing our own Rifftrax, lasting the duration of the movie, which we later wished we'd recorded. 

I am not a harsh reviewer by any means; I like some pretty terrible things.  I own all four seasons of Knight Rider on DVD for instance (I'm not afraid to admit my faults).  I'm not the type to say "this movie was awful" typically.  But Highlander: The Source...?  This movie was awful.

"Thrill!  As the powerful immortals...  drive somewhere...  and then gas up."

Offline Goshzilla

• Schnappi Supporter
Re: Highlander: The Source
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »
Man you watched every single highland movie and show? My props go out to you, I barely made through the first movie, I have yet to attempt any thing else with Highlander in the title.

Offline kq2076

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »
I'd like to second this film.
Just finished it on DVD & I gotta say I didn't think the franchise could get any lower than part four.
Color me wrong.
This movie is demanding to be riffed.

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
I loved  season 1 of the show. I've never seen any of the movies, nor do I want to. The start of season 2 put me off from the show. But season 1 was able to accomplish camp, cheese, and kind of cool sword fights all at the same time.

But then whats her face died, and the show went down hill.

Offline EVOLUTION117

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
Ah The Source...

Nothing says Grand Cosmic Mystical Event like a woman spinning around very very quickly.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »
Would this require people to buy or rent Highlander: The Source?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
The first movie is ok as a piece of 80s cheesy action.

Most of the TV show is good action adveture with better stunts then you will find on most Tv shows.

The other movies are pretty awfull,I say riff away at any of them.

Offline skenderberg

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • War of the Colossal Fan Guide
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »
Ok, so I've seen all of the Highlander movies, and was a casual viewer of the television series.  I wouldn't call any of it terrible, I'd use the words "okay" or "not bad".

I've seen the first three Highlander films, and "terrible" is one of the milder words I would use to describe number two.  If it's sunk lower than The Quickening, then it has sunk low indeed.
I thought I was Dale.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »
If you think bad and big budget is bad, just wait till you see bad and low budget!

TheHumanDuplicator

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 11:39:51 AM »
yes this would be awesome.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »
Usually I draw the line whenever Mario Van Peebles gets involved... so whatever Highlander project that was marks the last one I saw... Of course, just about anything with "A Sci-Fi Channel Original" attached to it would probably make for a worthy riff canidate.