Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1555720 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #13950 on: May 23, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »
X-Men was great. 

Best part.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13951 on: May 24, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
X-Men was great. 

Best part.

Liked for the gif!
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13952 on: May 24, 2014, 05:15:25 PM »
X-Men was great. 

Best part.

As much as I like that, it still bugs me.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #13953 on: May 24, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »
X-Men was great. 

Best part.

It technically prevents the second film from happening too. I wouldn't be surprised if Singer's whole point to this was to redo the  Phoenix saga.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13954 on: May 24, 2014, 07:16:16 PM »
X-Men was great. 

Best part.

It technically prevents the second film from happening too. I wouldn't be surprised if Singer's whole point to this was to redo the  Phoenix saga.

From what I heard, Singer got rid of all the X-Man movies that weren't directed by him.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5679
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13955 on: May 24, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »
I just got back from X-Men: Days of Future Past. I really liked it! Overall very good, and I liked that it continued the last movie in not concentrating on Wolverine.
  Peter Dinklage was really good in this. And I did like that no one even mentions that he is a little person. Hell, the fact that he is a little person isn't even a factor in his interest in mutants (which is where I thought they would go for a minute there). But I didn't really believe that in the 70s there wouldn't be ANY bigots that would make a big deal about that.
  I didn't like that there was yet another "cure". And that it not only nullifies Professor X's powers but gives him back his legs. I did like that he had essentially turned to drugs in his cowardice and was using it to avoid responsibilities. That, and I didn't like that the cure allowed Beast to turn on and off his blue fur like he was the Hulk or something. It felt like studio executives mandated that.
And I LOOOOOVED seeing Iceman fully iced up and sliding on his ramps and fighting all badass!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:32:41 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #13956 on: May 24, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
I just got back from X-Men: Days of Future Past. I really liked it! Overall very good, and I liked that it continued the last movie in not concentrating on Wolverine.
  Peter Dinklage was really good in this. And I did like that no one even mentions that he is a little person. Hell, the fact that he is a little person isn't even a factor in his interest in mutants (which is where I thought they would go for a minute there). But I didn't really believe that in the 70s there wouldn't be ANY bigots that would make a big deal about that.
  I didn't like that there was yet another "cure". And that it not only nullifies Professor X's powers but gives him back his legs. I did like that he had essentially turned to drugs in his cowardice and was using it to avoid responsibilities. That, and I didn't like that the cure allowed Beast to turn on and off his blue fur like he was the Hulk or something. It felt like studio executives mandated that.
And I LOOOOOVED seeing Iceman fully iced up and sliding on his ramps and fighting all badass!

The budget probably mandated that.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #13957 on: May 24, 2014, 07:41:42 PM »
X-Men was great. 

Best part.

From what I heard, Singer got rid of all the X-Man movies that weren't directed by him.

That's not true. He directed the second film.  But I assume Jean is back for a reason. At least I hope there was reason for all this.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5679
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13958 on: May 24, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »
Thinking back on it, I am surprised how violent this movie is. There is a LOT of horrible deaths in this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One of the characters (I forget which) is being held above a Sentinal's head and their face slowly lowered into it's head beam! Jesus Christ!  How the fuck was this not R rated?!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #13959 on: May 24, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
The Dictator. Or Borat's take on the The Prince and the Pauper.  Mostly a bunch of loosely tied together skits that I think failed more than they succeeded. It had some terrible bloody greenscreen scenes too. There were some hilarious jokes in it, I was definitely laughing at points, but it was too try hard.  One thing that didn't fail however was the soundtrack, I loved that. And kudos to Megan Fox and Ed Norton for laughing at themselves.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:20:43 PM by BathTub »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2615
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #13960 on: May 24, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »
Fantastic Voyage

Don't think I've watched this since the late 70's.

Terribly slow paced, corny dialog, corny special effects.  And really bad biology, getting stuff wrong that has been well known for hundreds of years...

Cool mini sub though.

And I certainly haven't seen it since the airplane movies, Loyd Bridge's character is so based on the coffee drinking (with tons of sugar), chain smoking general in the control room...

Would make a great Rifftrax....

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #13961 on: May 25, 2014, 12:09:55 AM »
Two Little Boys. It's been quite a while since I've watched a NZ film, especially now that I don't go to the film society anymore. Bret McKenzie plays a stupider version of his Flying Concords self in a sort of Dumb & Dumber & Dumbest meets Tell Tale Heart. So it's all about the ever increasing dramatic spiral as Bret attempts to cover up the accidental killing of a Swedish tourist.  I think the most interesting part for me was the warping back to the '90s feel of the movie, comes across surprising well. But overall I didn't really enjoy it, the characters were just too stupid.

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #13962 on: May 26, 2014, 07:55:09 AM »
I finally saw the latest Star Trek movie now that it is on the Netflix that all the kids love these days. Um.... really...?

White Khan? Should a guy named Kahn Noonian Singh be as white as a white man can be? Like, glow in the dark white. Good effects.

Pacific Rim: Wow! I saw this exact same movie when it was called ID4, amazing! Shot for shot, line for line! What a piece of crap!

(I think ID4 was better!) Good Rifftrax though!

Also, I saw some other Hollywood crap....
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #13963 on: May 26, 2014, 10:05:47 AM »
I finally saw the latest Star Trek movie now that it is on the Netflix that all the kids love these days. Um.... really...?

White Khan? Should a guy named Kahn Noonian Singh be as white as a white man can be? Like, glow in the dark white. Good effects.

Granted, that was a strange choice, but Khan Noonian Singh isn't exactly a Mexican name either.  I eventually just put it out of my mind because Bennie did a good job, but every now and then I wonder how JJ can justify the change in the timeline altering things as far back as the hidden 90's Eugenics wars.  Maybe Nero's time travel created a ripple effect that continued traveling back in time further than the ship.

Yeah, it's a BS technobabble explanation, but there's plenty of that in Trek already.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #13964 on: May 26, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
Granted! Ricardo was not Indian, but he pulled it off didn't he? Better than a glow in the dark white boy.... (don't get me wrong I think Cumberbatch is an amazing actor, because my wife says so!)

And then there was the whole SPOILER ALERT.... plagiaristic ending....

KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...