Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1585296 times)

Zombie Monty

Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #11385 on: August 19, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
The Hunger Games

Also just watched this today.  Never read the books.  Very interesting movie.  I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, although it seemed rushed to me.  I would have like to have seen more, maybe have this book split into two films.

Now I don't know if I should just read the books, or wait for the next three films.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #11386 on: August 19, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
Machine Gun Preacher

I get the feeling this movie could've been a lot better... The setup was good and the characters were nicely drawn...but I just think the story was a little unfocused... It starts to meander a bit...... It's too bad, too...because the movie has features some excellent performances...and some genuinely powerful moments............. The standout performances are Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan...but the entire cast delivers in their parts...quality acting all around... The subject matter is brutal...gut wrenching stuff... ... .... Perhaps it was the intention of the filmmaker to end the movie so abruptly...but it almost felt like they just pulled the plug on the production... I was a bit taken aback by the suddenness of it... ... Still...a film I think is worth watching for what it gets right......because it does get quite a lot right...and that makes for an enjoyable enough experience.................
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #11387 on: August 20, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »
Machine Gun Preacher

I get the feeling this movie could've been a lot better... The setup was good and the characters were nicely drawn...but I just think the story was a little unfocused... It starts to meander a bit...... It's too bad, too...because the movie has features some excellent performances...and some genuinely powerful moments............. The standout performances are Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan...but the entire cast delivers in their parts...quality acting all around... The subject matter is brutal...gut wrenching stuff... ... .... Perhaps it was the intention of the filmmaker to end the movie so abruptly...but it almost felt like they just pulled the plug on the production... I was a bit taken aback by the suddenness of it... ... Still...a film I think is worth watching for what it gets right......because it does get quite a lot right...and that makes for an enjoyable enough experience.................
I should watch this, a ton of my friends are in it, either as background opr in minor roles.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #11388 on: August 20, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
Machine Gun Preacher

I should watch this, a ton of my friends are in it, either as background opr in minor roles.

I always get a kick out of watching Office Space for that reason (and many others, of course). I knew someone (friend of a friend) who was an extra for the birthday scene.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #11389 on: August 20, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »
Jaws, on Blu-Ray.

It's a little independent movie you probably haven't heard of.  My wife walked in about halfway through and watched for ten minutes, remarked, "this movie is really slow," and went to bed.

Maybe it's a guy thing.

Jaws fucking rules. Your wife is high.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11390 on: August 20, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
Yes I've yet to meet a girl (that has mentioned the movie) that disliked Jaws, even Ann, who doesn't like blood.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #11391 on: August 20, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »
I had to think about this, because sometimes I love things for the nostalgia factor or the camp factor. I mean, when Jaws came out in the theaters I was twelve and the thing was fucking HUGE. The country went completely insane for the movie. So I think of it fondly, much the way I feel about the first three Star Wars movies.

But, you know, fuck that. Jaws is a really really good movie all on its own.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11392 on: August 20, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
The speech about the Indianapolis is actually a pretty good audition monologue.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #11393 on: August 20, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
I used to watch Jaws all the time. It really isa  great movie. I watched it (with Riff) as my 4th of July movie the last two USA bdays
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11394 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »
Jaws, on Blu-Ray.

It's a little independent movie you probably haven't heard of.  My wife walked in about halfway through and watched for ten minutes, remarked, "this movie is really slow," and went to bed.

Maybe it's a guy thing.
No, its a "watch the whole damn movie!" thing.

Offline bigheadtodd82

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 33
  • Ich ben ein Berliner...
« Reply #11395 on: August 21, 2012, 05:11:03 AM »
Just watched "The Devil's Double". Not bad, followed it yup with"Casa De Mi Padre", bad. BAD BAD BAD BAD. Didn't make it 20 minutes in. Just pass.
" height="110" class="bbc_img resized" style="cursor: pointer;

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #11396 on: August 22, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
Just watched "The Devil's Double". Not bad, followed it yup with"Casa De Mi Padre", bad. BAD BAD BAD BAD. Didn't make it 20 minutes in. Just pass.

We just watched Casa de Mi Padre over the weekend. I admit up front that I am an ardent fan of Will Ferrell, so I thought the movie wasn't that bad. It wasn't his greatest achievement but it got a few laughs out of us.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #11397 on: August 22, 2012, 07:03:55 AM »

We just watched Casa de Mi Padre over the weekend. I admit up front that I am an ardent fan of Will Ferrell, so I thought the movie wasn't that bad. It wasn't his greatest achievement but it got a few laughs out of us.

The whole thing's in Spanish, right?

Yeah, all of it. There are subtitles.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11398 on: August 22, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »

The whole thing's in Spanish, right?

Yeah, all of it. There are subtitles.

I'm looking forward to checking that out
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #11399 on: August 22, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »
When Will Ferrel was on The Daily SHow, he said he learned Spanish for the part, but my spanish buddies were watching interviews with him for Spanish TV and he used a translator.

That might be part of the problem too.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D