Author Topic: What was the last movie you watched?  (Read 1537425 times)

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
Re: What was the last movie you watched?
« Reply #11040 on: June 23, 2012, 09:44:09 AM »
I feel like Man on a Ledge would piss me off because the entire time, the guy is probably saying "I'll do it! I'll jump!" and I would just say "then jump, you stupid fuck!"

Well there is that and the fact that from the trailer it seems to have the exact same plot as an old episode of Dragnet I have listened to many times before.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline gavind

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11041 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
It was all part of the game plan. Attempting to jump was just part of all the distracting and created a good twist for the audience. I myself thought he would really jump.

Storyline is original. I'll give it a 10 for originality.
This user has been banned for malicious code in his/her signature and avatar.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5642
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11042 on: June 23, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »
Brave - I did like it, but it felt surprisingly small, predictable on the rails plot. It looked GORGEOUS, though.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11043 on: June 23, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »
The main evil bear Mor'du was fucking vicious and awesome! He felt like he was from a different movie.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11044 on: June 23, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Icebreaker(2000) - Thanks to Gary (of Hor-Riff-ic Productions) on his Facebook, I found out about this gloriously bad gem. A low budget movie from 2000 starring Sean Astin and Bruce Campbell. Yes, that's right, Samwise vs. Ash! Bruce Campbell is the head terrorist, and he's bald for this role, beleive it or not. This movie is so bad and inept in pretty much every way. Astin is really the only one giving any kind of decent performance here. Which is unfortunate, because Bruce Campbell plays it so flat and uninvested. Had he really chewed the scenery, it would have been so much more fun. Confusing and poorly plotted, the motivations of the bad guys make no sense whatsoever. Bruce gets some truly gut bustingly badly written monologues near the end that, again, would have faired so much better if he wasn't on such autopilot and clearly didn't give a shit. There is even an indication of some kind of twist in his ultimate motivations that is LITERALLY JUST THROWN AWAY.
  Oh, and did I fail to mention that it is directed by David Giancola?! None other than the director of TIME CHASERS! Oh yeah.

Needless to say, this movie is BEGGING to be riffed!

Oh, and it's on Netflix Instant now.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #11045 on: June 23, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
Brave - I did like it, but it felt surprisingly small, predictable on the rails plot. It looked GORGEOUS, though.

Saw this today and completely agree. It also had really good voice acting.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11046 on: June 24, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »
The Cabin in the Woods

So much fun, haven't seen horror so expertly celebrated and sent-up since Drag me to Hell but like this a lot more. 

Reminded me a bit of the heights of season 4 BtVS but exceeded that in many, many ways.  A fun, funny, scary and expectations-shattering ride. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:10:46 AM by @ScottOTD »
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #11047 on: June 24, 2012, 06:36:01 AM »
I'd rather like to see more of the Japanese facility, maybe in a companion comic.

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #11048 on: June 24, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
Serenity. Loved it but I felt that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But I love this movie.

Russell

« Reply #11049 on: June 24, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »
I just watched Superman 3 last night in preparation for a video review of it. It has NOT held up at all. It's a pretty bad film that has only one or two scenes that save it from becoming absolute garbage. To be fair, there have been worse DC universe films like the Justice League movie from '97, and of course Green Lantern, Batman and Robin, Superman IV and Catwoman but when you have to sink that low to make this film look good, you might as well be digging through discarded needles at an STD clinic.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #11050 on: June 24, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »
The thing that bothered me about Chronicle was just how many damnable kids in that school were constantly filming themselves for no apparent reason.

Filming themselves with some pretty high-end cameras, too. I liked the premise, as well as the execution, at least for a while.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #11051 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was tons of fun, about 20% more historically valid than any History Channel show (and 30% better researched than that Bill O'Reilly book) on the subject. Loved the technical aspects: I approve of most of the filters used and the wardrobe was all stuff I'd like to wear (I'd look damn sassy in that crinoline number Mary Todd was sporting when she came into the shop thankyouverymuch) and not too much BRRRAAAPPP on the incidental soundtrack.

Definitely go and see it, unless blood makes you feel odd. In which case, avoid like the plague, which will be a shame, but there it is.

MontyServo

« Reply #11052 on: June 24, 2012, 06:38:16 PM »
It was all part of the game plan. Attempting to jump was just part of all the distracting and created a good twist for the audience. I myself thought he would really jump.

Storyline is original. I'll give it a 10 for originality.

Warning:  I think this user has malicious code in his hidden avatar.  My Malware Bytes blocks outgoing traffic everytime I am on a page with his posts, including his profile page.  I notified moderator and added him to my ignore list.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3548
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #11053 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »
Brave
I completely agree.  It felt very much like a Dreamworks movie. There are some decent Dreamworks movies, but most of them just aren't very special....and that's how I felt about this.  I didn't have any major problems with Brave, other than it didn't make me laugh, and it didn't make me cry.  Every other Pixar has made me do either or both in great number (although, in fairness, Cars only makes me weep for humanity).

MontyServo

« Reply #11054 on: June 26, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
Sherlock Holmes A Game Of Shadows

At least I think that was the title.  Sherlock 2 with Tony Stark.  Anyway, what a dud.  I only barely found the first one watchable but thought I would give the second one a shot since I was bored and Hey this one has Moriarty as the bad guy, so it had to be better.  Wrong!  The guy playing Moriarty looked a bit too much like Conan O'Brien so that was a problem.  A movie like this needs to be clever and witty and I found it to be neither of those things.  Should have watched Wanderlust instead but was going to save that for my long holiday weekend coming up.