login

Author Topic: The "Who Would Win" Thread  (Read 18320 times)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
Re: The "Who Would Win" Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 09:29:32 AM »
Lex can hire a buch of really smart people to do some of his thinking, and he can hire sorcerers, all of whom he can manage leverage on. Combine that with everything else, and it's Lex all the way.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:33:49 AM »
Oh yeah, hire sorcerers?  Just look up sorcerers in the yellow pages and give them a call?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 09:07:22 AM »
Yeah, there are a lot of sorcerors in the DC Universe, but the ones that you can hire probably can't match up the the second best in the Marvel U.  Money can't solve everything, and Lex is far too arrogant to have someone else come up with his evil plan.  That would be like Sherlock homes hiring some other PIs to solve his cases or Stephen Hawking hiring a bunch of physicists to do his dirty work.  While Luthor is a genius he's not quite the Master of all trades like Doom is.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »
Luthor simply needs to hire everyone's favorite magical little gobshite, you friend and mine

John Constantine.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:25:34 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
I don't know, I still think Doom is the more easily manipulated of the two. He holds a grudge too easily.
Of course, that could also be what makes him so dangerous, as death has already failed to stop him a couple of times now.

Okay, I guess Doom wins here.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »
Luthor simply needs to hire everyone's favorite magical little gobshite, you friend and mine

John Constantine.

Wow, for a Constantine fan, you are REALLY underestimating his intelligence.

Constantine is really amoral but there are two things you need to remember: he's generally not on anyone's payroll (in the stories I read with him) and he's not easily tricked.  Johnny boy outsmarted three of Hell's demons and various other mythical figures and ended up on top, how do you think he'll fair against a very smart business man (who, I might add, came up with a plan to napalm his friend into oblivion).  Luthor might have things to offer John, but John will work for who he wants and any deal with John where he's coerced will only end badly for the coercee.  Plus, you can smell Luthor a mile away.  Think, a business man wants to overthrow a dictator.  Don't tell me that doesn't smell all kinds of rotten.

Perhaps Luthor could "acquire" him eventually but it would take too much time and effort that would be better spent on fighting Doom.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 10:15:20 PM »

B.A. Baracus

or

Captain Kirk
I really do like pie.

RhodesWatson

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
How about Indiana Jones Vs Samus?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 04:49:24 AM »

John Constantine.

Or, it could be that this isn't a terribly serious discussion and there's no need to get so het up about it ;)

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 05:47:32 AM »

John Constantine.

Or, it could be that this isn't a terribly serious discussion and there's no need to get so het up about it ;)

To be fair, this whole thread is about finding the answer and while I don't take it seriously I do want to see something more substantial than "this character is cooler so he should win".  Besides, who said I was all up in your grill.  Also, I don't know what a het is.

B.A. Baracus

or

Captain Kirk
How about Indiana Jones Vs Samus?

Once again, I have nothing against the idea (though I think it's a given that the Tank Woman wins) but a few boundaries must be drawn and rules must be made.  And remember people: Location, Location, Location, Location!  Sorry, I mean, Location, Location Location.  Just 3 of those words.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 05:49:23 AM »

John Constantine.

To be fair, this whole thread is about finding the answer and while I don't take it seriously I do want to see something more substantial than "this character is cooler so he should win".  Besides, who said I was all up in your grill.  Also, I don't know what a het is.

het up = upset,e.g. talking about "underestimating the intelligence" of a fictional character. It's OK I'll stop contributing to this particular discussion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:51:59 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 03:26:28 PM »
het up = upset,e.g. talking about "underestimating the intelligence" of a fictional character. It's OK I'll stop contributing to this particular discussion

heh i love brit slang.

dont stop the more contribute the better.  as to the doom vs luthor.  the question isnt who wins, its whose counter part gets in the way more. 

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

OK, I see it as Kirk and B.A. are both on a tropical island. Both are blind folded then released at a random spot. There aren't any weapons on the island except for ones they would to fashion from their environment. Plus there poisonous snakes, wasps, poison dart frogs on the island and the island is surrounded by sharks.
I really do like pie.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
Bet you that they had to use drugged milk to get Baracus.  And you don't want to know what they drugged for Kirk.

Anyhoo, if that's the case Kirk would fashion some good weapons or traps so he has a chance if he can stay out of eyesight, but if Baracus gets his hands on him it's goodnight Uhura.

Also I think it would be awesome if Baracus made a van out of jungle with the help of the professor.  With monkeys for wheels.