Author Topic: Mafia -- Game TWO (Complete, please un-sticky)  (Read 30153 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: Mafia -- Game TWO (Running)
« Reply #390 on: September 19, 2007, 03:08:01 PM »

I didn't have any strategy until the end of the game.  I actually started the vote that killed Bettertommorowamy as a joke.  I had no idea that as many people would fall in line behind me as actually happened. 

That's ok.  I was a little too flamboyant for everybody's liking.
On timeout

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #391 on: September 19, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »
Aw I was pegged from the beginning - I see how it is.  So who killed me exactly?  Come on - out with it!
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #392 on: September 19, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »

I have to say that i played the game flawlessly.  ;)

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #393 on: September 19, 2007, 03:29:46 PM »
I'd like to say it was all strategy that I played like a moron, but sadly, I just was a moron.  I was entirely willing to follow anybody who had a plan, so long as their plan didn't involve voting for me.  As people started to drop off, I found that I was way off in my thinking with bettertomorrowamy, as well as with Steve-O.  I did suspect Chaos and doggans, but didn't want to go out on a limb and vote for them, especially since my lone vote for Rude went largely ignored.  And then when I did vote doggans, I quickly changed my vote to Greg when Rude put out his theory for him.  After Rude and Chaos took each other out, though, and we were down to just two mafia members, then it was a little easier to be more vocal with the picks.     

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #394 on: September 19, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

I have to say that i played the game flawlessly.  ;)

-Rude

Except for when you died.   8)
On timeout

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #395 on: September 19, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
And why the hell did you kill Minnesota?

1) The first round is always the hardest, because there are no straws to grasp right off the bat. So, I decided to make a straw. The idea was to create a "revenge for the last game" angle. Minnesota gets knocked off, people dig and and think that someone else was the vig.
2) I wanted to stir some shit before I got voted out.

Thats actually a pretty good reason. I basically did the same thing in several of Game 1's mafia hits. I won't take revenge on you next round... ;D

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #396 on: September 19, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
Ah, as I've said before, I have had plenty enough of this game. It's left me sore inside.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #397 on: September 20, 2007, 07:21:23 AM »
See, the funny thing is, doggans and I were POSITIVE that Greg and Sideswipe were the remaining 2 Romulans, because they both kept voting with us on some of the important votes. I was actually working under the assumption that Rude was a citizen (which is ultimately why you got killed, BTW), and that Ortega was probably the vigilante based on a couple of things he let slip (we assumed it was because you had information from your informant, when actually it was because you knew damn well who the Romulans were ;)).

The fact that Greg and Sideswipe were voting with doggans and Pak-Man and me kind of tripped us up, because we stopped looking at other clues at that point... if we had talked it over a little more, it would have been pretty obvious that Ortega, and therefore Rude, were the real mafia members. Or, if we had just done like I said I was planning to do, and publicly announced ourselves as soon as Greg got whacked, we could have easily won the game at that point. But again, EVIL to do that in the active thread. ;)

As much as I'm enjoying playing this game again, I think I'll probably sit the next one out... I'm used to playing the game live, and it moves a little too slowly to do it over the forums.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Tempestjonny

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #398 on: September 20, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
you play it live?,,,,,,in person or in a chat room?
You are free to do as we tell you to.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #399 on: September 20, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
He just randomly kills people he sees in the streets and screams "Die you mafia scum."
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #400 on: September 20, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »
He just randomly kills people he sees in the streets and screams "Die you mafia scum."

It's more fun that way, because it has the corona of danger and mystique.

The game was created around 1988 by either a psychology or sociology (I forget which) professor at the University of Russia. It was meant to be a social exercise to demonstrate the "mob mentality" phenomena. The game was so popular, that the students started playing it during free periods, and it spread from school to school until it made the jump to the states and all over the world. It was just getting truly popular when I was in high school - we used to play it all the time. There's an interesting article on it over at Wikipedia, but I'm too lazy to find and link to it right now. It's a good read, though. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Tempestjonny

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #401 on: September 20, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »
no need to look found it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_Game
You are free to do as we tell you to.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #402 on: September 20, 2007, 06:43:15 PM »

Shhh.... next Hillary will be trying to ban this from forums

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #403 on: September 21, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »

I've played this game live, in the guise of a Werewolves vs. Villagers-type ordeal.  I was cast as a Werewolf, and apparently, I was really obvious, since I was throwing accusations around left and right, trying to get the focus off of me.  The villagers were intensely stupid in that game, because they not only let me live, but they also didn't guess the identity of the other Werewolf and killed off the Informant/Psychic in the last turn, just AFTER the Psychic outed herself and said, "I'm the Psychic, and I know that X is a Werewolf."

That was a fun game.  I played with such stupid people.