Author Topic: Welcome to the RiffTrax Roundtable!  (Read 67714 times)

Offline woldorge

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Re: Welcome to the RiffTrax Roundtable!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 05:08:45 PM »
The main thing that amazed me about Waterworld is that Kevin Costner traded a bag of dirt for a POTTED tomato plant and a host of other goodies.  So in exchange for dirt, he got more dirt with a plant to boot and pretty much everything else in the store!  Anyways, loving the Rifftrax - heard Fifth Element and Star Trek V.  Great stuff!!  Although, on a negative note, thanks to Kevin Murphy, I had "Paradise City" by Guns N Roses stuck in my head all day at work today!  THANKS ALOT!  Other than that, the Rifftrax have been a very positve experience.

Offline captainhygiene

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »
Hey everybody. I just thought I'd send out my compliments for the Fifth Element Rifftrax. It's the only one I've seen yet, but I'd have to say it was very probably the greatest $1.99 I ever spent.

Wow, now I have almost as many posts as Mike!

Offline skyroniter

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
    • MST3KVideos
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 05:33:53 PM »
Kudos to all involved with this great project. Keep them coming!

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 01:58:54 AM »
I just recently got the Star Trek V Rifftrax and haven't laughed so hard recently.  This is a great concept and I hope you all keep them coming.  I will be waiting for the next one with anticipation.
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 12:45:15 PM »
Just thought I would introduce myself and say what a fantastic
idea rifftrax is.  I am really excited about the future of this concept
and I wish it all the success.

I also wanted to say that this is the first message board I've ever
planned on posting on consistently.  Before now I've probably only
posted online about 20 times (on imdb, an message board enviornment
which I think is far too hostile and frustrating to ever post on again).
I look forward to a positive experience on this board and look forward
to reading everyone elses thought and ideas.

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 10:59:43 PM »
Hi, Mike!  We (heart) you, Mike, and all your Midwestern goodness.  Thank you for your intelligent humor, and for over a decade of laughs without sucking even a little.

Hi MSTies!  Is it too incredibly lame for me to tell you guys that I teach college (and use a MST short in one of my classes, like, as an actual educational aid) and I was so excited about RiffTrax that I ran into the classroom and told everybody about it and they all looked sadly at me like the irretrivably pathetic person I in fact am?  Yes?  Okay then.

Also, is there a reason why I can do any damn thing on Earth in this forum, including launch the space shuttle, but there is no spellcheck?

I never thought I'd say this, but this forum doesn't even deserve BEEF...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:03:33 PM by LadyKenobi »

Offline Rube_Maroon

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • You guys watch Joe Don Baker movies?
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 12:33:38 AM »
Also, is there a reason why I can do any damn thing on Earth in this forum, including launch the space shuttle, but there is no spellcheck?

What...does...an English teacher...need...with spell check?

/Shatner

Offline ryaninc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 08:39:24 AM »
Awesome job with RiffTrax, I absolutely love it! I am seriously excited about the future of this. As a huge MST3K fan, the return of Mike (and his buddies) is amazing. Keep it up!

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 06:30:32 PM »

What...does...an English teacher...need...with spell check?

/Shatner

I thought the answer was obvious: she teaches at a community college!  :D
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Skiptastic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Riffer Madness
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »
If I post here, does it make me a knight of the Rifftrax Roundtable? Because I do dance whene'er I'm able.

Offline ZachsMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Send out a probe. Make it anal.
    • ZachsMind
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »
The main thing that amazed me about Waterworld is that Kevin Costner...

DRANK HIS OWN PEE!

After the first thirty seconds of that film I was ready to exit stage right. You don't START A FILM BY HAVING THE MAIN CHARACTER DRINK HIS OWN URINE! I don't care if he distilled it first in the hot sun and blah blah blah blah blah HE DRANK HIS OWN PEE! I don't care if that wasn't really his pee it was a special effects trick done with mirrors and no animals were harmed during the making of-- HE DRANK HIS OWN PEE! I have never been able to consider Kevin Costner remotely seriously in a film role ever since.

If I post here, does it make me a knight of the Rifftrax Roundtable? Because I do dance whene'er I'm able.
I think you're a knight if'n ya wanna be. If you wanted to be a knight and someone told you, you couldn't, that would mean you'd be repressed. Then people would have to witness the violence inherent in the system.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 03:56:01 PM by ZachsMind »
My wishlist: Leonard Part 6, Gigli, Shanghai Surprise, Mannequin, Supercross, Spice World, Pluto Nash, Angel Heart, Ghost Dad, Flashdance, Home Alone, Lifeforce, Maximum Overdrive, Phantasm, Poltergeist 3, Pretty Woman, Robocop, Sixth Sense

Movies I don't want Riff'd
any Tom Cruise movies. Yuck

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 03:54:51 PM »
But if he didn't drink his urine, we wouldn't have Ross Perot saying all those funny things....
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline ZachsMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • ZachsMind
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 03:57:35 PM »
Y'know I could be playing Anarchy Online but instead I'm hovering over the RiffTrax RoundTable. What's that say about me?
My wishlist: Leonard Part 6, Gigli, Shanghai Surprise, Mannequin, Supercross, Spice World, Pluto Nash, Angel Heart, Ghost Dad, Flashdance, Home Alone, Lifeforce, Maximum Overdrive, Phantasm, Poltergeist 3, Pretty Woman, Robocop, Sixth Sense

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Hello!
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »
Y'know I could be playing Anarchy Online but instead I'm hovering over the RiffTrax RoundTable. What's that say about me?

Wow.  My friend and I played AO for years.  Good times... it's a great game and I pop in every now and again, but, it's just too time consuming for me these days.  My last hold over MMO account is EVE: Online and I don;t have time to play that either.  What with all the Rifftrax postings and such.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline ZachsMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • ZachsMind
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2006, 04:59:56 PM »
I used to really be into City of Heroes but stopped that cuz i had less online time and more things to do aside from CoH so paying for it seemed kinda pointless. Anarchy Online though is kinda like City of Heroes only not so much and I've only been playing it for a couple months now but I'm already bored with it. All i can do is shoot things with pistols. Ooh. In both hands even. How exciting. I miss CoH... Maybe that's why I'm here in RiffTrax Round Table instead of Anarchy Online. AO kinda sucks, but it's free. I'm so torn.