login

Author Topic: MAFIA purgatory: corpses only!  (Read 80260 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: MAFIA purgatory: corpses only!
« Reply #1020 on: May 12, 2009, 01:25:26 PM »
I can't talk about it here because it might (god forbid) influence an opinion.  I can't post in the active thread.  May I discuss it in Riffchat, or are the baliffs patrolling there too?

Dude, it's been a rule of the game since we very first started playing it.  Don't start getting on my case just because I enforce said rules.  Cool it.

EDIT:  You may want to read the very first post of this thread.  It goes over what the purpose of this thread is:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,4963.0.html

Nah.  I don't care.  It's a stupid rule.  I'm not seeing any reason to care or comply.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1021 on: May 12, 2009, 01:33:29 PM »
And meanwhile, the beer and sandwiches are going untouched.    :'(

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #1022 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »
I can't talk about it here because it might (god forbid) influence an opinion.  I can't post in the active thread.  May I discuss it in Riffchat, or are the baliffs patrolling there too?

Dude, it's been a rule of the game since we very first started playing it.  Don't start getting on my case just because I enforce said rules.  Cool it.

EDIT:  You may want to read the very first post of this thread.  It goes over what the purpose of this thread is:

Nah.  I don't care.  It's a stupid rule.  I'm not seeing any reason to care or comply.

Excellent.  If you don't abide by the rules you can consider yourself booted from future games.  I'm certain that the future game hosts (TeamRAD, Johnny Unusual, Yoohoo, etc) wouldn't mind barring a rule breaker from the games they're going to host.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #1023 on: May 12, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »

Excellent.  If you don't abide by the rules you can consider yourself booted from future games.  I'm certain that the future game hosts (TeamRAD, Johnny Unusual, Yoohoo, etc) wouldn't mind barring a rule breaker from the games they're going to host.

Yeah, that'll put me in line.  I already abided by the "don't post in our precious thread if you're out of the game" rule and tried to post in this one, before you people started shitting all over me in here too.  If it's an all or nothing scenario you want to set up, so be it.

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #1024 on: May 12, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »

Yeah, that'll put me in line.  I already abided by the "don't post in our precious thread if you're out of the game" rule and tried to post in this one, before you people started shitting all over me in here too.  If it's an all or nothing scenario you want to set up, so be it.

:)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #1025 on: May 12, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »

*grabs a bottle of Guinness and tempeh/lettuce/tomato sandwich from Bairman's catering*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #1026 on: May 12, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »

*Takes two sandwiches and gobbles them down.*

Yeah, I'm technically not dead.  But I'm the GM.  I can walk in the land of the dead as well as the living.   :P

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1027 on: May 12, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

*grabs a bottle of Guinness and tempeh/lettuce/tomato sandwich from Bairman's catering*

Nice.  At least someone knows how to enjoy the afterlife.    :D

*clinks bottles with TR*

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1028 on: May 12, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »
*Takes two sandwiches and gobbles them down.*

Yeah, I'm technically not dead.  But I'm the GM.  I can walk in the land of the dead as well as the living.   :P

Can't have a hungry GM, now can we?    :)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #1029 on: May 12, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »

Basically, the rules are in place to make everybody forms their own opinions.  If you thought you had a reason to believe someone is mafia while you were still alive, it's up to you to decide whether or not you think it's important enough to say out loud and risk getting yourself killed.  Not everyone looks at the game and sees the same thing.  The mafia families basically have three reasons to kill a person:  1. that person is on to them, 2. bumping someone off to set somebody else up, or 3. they either believe you're playing a role that could hurt them in some way or they simply have no ideas and it's there turn to make a hit.   It's not really fair to the people still playing to keep talking after they've already seen fit to get rid of you.

Try to treat this game like a movie with a twist ending that nobody has seen before.   Wait til it's done and then tell everybody when and why you figured out the ending.  If you're a person that talks during the movie and find people that don't mind you whispering in their ear, then communicate with a whisper (perhaps via PM) but don't shout theories for the whole theater to hear. 

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:31:09 PM by Raven »

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #1030 on: May 12, 2009, 02:31:28 PM »
That was an excellent analogy.  Thank you, Raven.   :)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #1031 on: May 12, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »
Oh, and same thing goes for the players still in the game.  They shouldn't really be in this thread either, but in the instances that they are, there really shouldn't be anything of any substance for them to find here.

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
« Reply #1032 on: May 12, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »

Will you guys keep it down!? I'm trying to be dead over here!!

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1033 on: May 12, 2009, 02:42:55 PM »
I just know Bairman is Mafia.  Look at how he keeps trying to distract everyone with his offers of tasty food and beverages.

Offline James of LinHood

• The Facebookz
« Reply #1034 on: May 12, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »
Will you guys keep it down!? I'm trying to be dead over here!!

Sorry!  Sorry!