login

Author Topic: GLITTER - one of the best!  (Read 4410 times)

Offline drsd2kill

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
GLITTER - one of the best!
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »
I have purchased 28 Rifftrax and made my own DVD editions mixing the Rifftrax in with the surrounds and re-authoring everything in DD 5.1 (with the original audio on AUDIO 2 - and a mono Rifftrax option using just the center channel of the movie) and keeping the anamorphic video intact from the official releases (with some compression sometimes to make everything fit on a single layer).

Okay, well I avoided getting GLITTER for the longest time because it looked like SUCH a bad movie, but MY GOD is it funny! This track is up there with the very best Rifftrax I've listened to: INDEPENDENCE DAY, TROLL 2, AEON FLUX, and THE WICKER MAN. I hope Mary Jo comes back for some more movies, perhaps other crappy girly movies!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: GLITTER - one of the best!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
I have purchased 28 Rifftrax and made my own DVD editions mixing the Rifftrax in with the surrounds and re-authoring everything in DD 5.1 (with the original audio on AUDIO 2 - and a mono Rifftrax option using just the center channel of the movie) and keeping the anamorphic video intact from the official releases (with some compression sometimes to make everything fit on a single layer).

Okay, well I avoided getting GLITTER for the longest time because it looked like SUCH a bad movie, but MY GOD is it funny! This track is up there with the very best Rifftrax I've listened to: INDEPENDENCE DAY, TROLL 2, AEON FLUX, and THE WICKER MAN. I hope Mary Jo comes back for some more movies, perhaps other crappy girly movies!

I agree! There are several people who refuse to watch this one and Crossroads but they are missing great Rifftrax by doing so.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:05:28 PM »
No Comment! :gouge:

Offline drsd2kill

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:40:11 PM »
I just finished putting CROSSROADS together and plan to watch it next. I tend not to go so much for the Rifftrax where Mike is alone. The tracks with him and Kevin are almost always great, but when they are together with Bill the party REALLY gets going! :-)

Aside from HALLOWEEN, I hadn't seen ANY of the movies riffed by Rifftrax. Rifftrax actually got me to rent and view these movies I ordinarily would have ignored. I did try to watch THE MATRIX twice long ago, but I couldn't stand it. I just watched the Rifftrax version and enjoyed (and understood) it far more than I did before.

People, seriously, GLITTER is beyond hilarious! If you thought THE WICKER MAN was funny, you'll think GLITTER is too, I guarantee it! :-)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 12:52:27 PM »
good taste drsd2kill Glitter is one of the best

when Mary Jo was in the chat room I asked her if more Rifftrax were a possibility and she said 'yes' , so hopefully she will be back for more guest appearances

(also, Crossroads is another classic ... the chick flicks make hilarious Rifftrax for some reason)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
Yeah Mary Jo was great in the Glitter one.  This one had me rolling because I wasn't interested at all in the story or the characters.  It was great, you could focus on the jokes.
On timeout

Offline Grillslinger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
    • Grillslinger's Creations
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »
She told me she definitely wanted to do another rifftrax. In the meantime....you chould check out her blog. It's very funny.

Glittler is the one of the few movies where you can kill the love interest and no one cares.

No one.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »
I just finished putting CROSSROADS together and plan to watch it next. I tend not to go so much for the Rifftrax where Mike is alone. The tracks with him and Kevin are almost always great, but when they are together with Bill the party REALLY gets going! :-)

I felt that way for a while to, but then I decided to rent the Fifth Element and really enjoyed the break from Kevin's fart jokes and etc....  I'd be even more inclined to buy more of the solo trax if they were cheaper though  :P  But may also be less inclined to buy ones with multiple riffers if they cost more....

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 04:39:02 AM »
I had been avoiding Glitter. I was looking for a real cheap copy, but I finally found one and watched it... and laughed my ass off. Same thing with Crossroads. I saw it and thought no way am I getting that. Well I was digging through a Wal-Mart discount bin and saw a copy. Held off on it for a week then got it. Again I loved it! I know now never to deny myself ANY rifftrax no matter what movie is being riffed. Now all i need is to wait till the holidays and get Nestor...