login

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 18903 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 02:25:41 PM »

I vaguely recalled PB's existance as a movie trailer back in the day. I recall thinking,"Wow. Surfing FBI agents. What a stupid premise." and then moved on with my life.

If not for Rifftrax, I would have been content to leave it years behind me never having seen it in much the same way I acknowledge Pluto's existance, but have never actually been there and have only seen extremely fuzzy images of it from NASA.

I'm not so sure this movie even needed Riff treatment. Most of Keanu's lines were delivered in such a wooden, retarded manner that the movie practically riffs itself!

I thought Mike sounded pretty much like himself. But who knows? Maybe he's recovering from the flu. Maybe he was tired. He's not a robot, people!

Offline aneel

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 10:11:02 PM »
My favorite line:

"Punch it! Punch it! Punch it!"

Mike: "Try the Tiger Uppercut!"

I nearly fell out of my chair on that one.  Although this rifftrax was not as good as the Star Trek rifftrax, it was still pretty funny.

Offline Heysie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Meowsdower
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
I am stunned to find out that Point Break has a 76% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. I thought it was an utterly repellent movie, but great riffing. It seemed to be the exact same premise as Road House, in that it stars Swayze as a dude with Buddha-like inner peace who kills a whole bunch of people. There were some nice Road House references too, like "is this time to be not nice?"    I missed part of the movie because I had to leave the room and didn't want to risk interupting the perfect synch technology while recording, so I'm not sure, but I don't think Mike ever comments on the freaky way Swayze walks.  What is with that? When he's walking next to Keanu he takes like twice as many steps, and he has that weird gate, like maybe he's clenching something in his kiester.

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:04 PM »
I very much enjoyed this Rifftrax... it did contain about 3 Rifftraxs worth of DisembAudio though.

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 06:27:48 AM »
Aw, give him a break. It reminds me of that song: Naughty Toasters Need Love Too.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 09:23:23 PM »
I would have to say this is the best solo Rifftrax.  I couldn't stop laughing after they tossed the dog.  It just came out of nowhere.  But don't take my word for it.  Bah dum dum!

Offline Tarantulas

• Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 11:03:40 PM »
But don't take my word for it.  Bah dum dum!

BOOOO! Get back to engineering, Toby Reynolds!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 12:44:02 AM »
so after an emp does gordis eyes still work?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 02:55:41 PM »
so after an emp does gordis eyes still work?

It's GEORDI ya n00b! Just kidding. Nice to see a ST:TNG reference in the threads... I guess.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 10:20:28 PM »
what stng reference? that was clearly a green acres reference.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 09:26:25 AM »
what stng reference? that was clearly a green acres reference.

It was? Hmm... I guess I missed that one. I figured you were referring to an EMP, Electromagnetic Pulse, and Geordi LaForge from ST:TNG having to rely on an electronic seeing device in order to... well.. see. Guess I was only reading what I wanted to read, natch!

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »
I liked this one better than Top Gun or XxX, maybe even X-men.  The movie was dumb but watchable and the riffs were awesome.  Gary Busey is too easy, tho, Mike went too far with the crazed DUI references, but most were quite good, anyway.

The movie violated just about every conventional FBI procedure, as a total layman I could see most of it, but I bet a real FBI consultant could point out about a thousand more.  I mean, just obvious stuff like, you don't send your undercover operative to the raid, you don't go BACK to the perp once your cover is blown, and most of all, you aid in a Bankrobbery where you are responsible for another cop's death?  Oh yeah, you are off the force and in jail.  Then Busey strikes a superior officer on a crime scene and they let him take the criminal cop, (Reeves), away in his car??!!  Alone?!! THEN, he lets the guy escape but at the end of the movie Reeves still has his badge?!?! Um...

One note, though: this was my absolute FAVORITE DisembAudio vehicle.  He did a great job because he was commenting more on the action in the movie along WITH Mike as opposed to carrying on conversations out side the movie.  I always liked DA, but this was his best work, bravo!
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 11:15:32 AM »
I agree. This is DA's finest work. I hope he starts to jump in more often with on-topic riffin'. :^)

Offline TheJastrom

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • Nowhere in Mulberry
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 11:56:51 AM »
I actually saw this film in the theater because i was a huge Kathryn Bigelow fan at the time who'd directed the cool vampire flick NEAR DARK. It was also said that James Cameron had written a draft of the script and now i hope that isn't true lol. It's unbelievable just how bad Keanu is in this film, it's like he's doing an impression of himself from other films only not as good. Loved the wiping crap on your face line. Good Riff.

btw Kathryn Bigelow hasn't made a decent film since Near Dark.
Co-Host of Nowhere in Mulberry The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture!

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »
I actually saw this film in the theater because i was a huge Kathryn Bigelow fan at the time who'd directed the cool vampire flick NEAR DARK. It was also said that James Cameron had written a draft of the script and now i hope that isn't true lol. It's unbelievable just how bad Keanu is in this film, it's like he's doing an impression of himself from other films only not as good. Loved the wiping crap on your face line. Good Riff.

btw Kathryn Bigelow hasn't made a decent film since Near Dark.

Yeah, man!  When I saw James Cameron's name on the credits my heart sank a little.  What the hell was he associated with this stinker for? 

Oh well, probly made him plenty of bank to make better movies, I imagine.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...