login

Author Topic: Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??  (Read 5291 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3597
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Any Love for Bill O'Reilly??
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »
What can be said that hasn't been said a million times before?  He's a smug, righteous prick who claims he's in the "no spin zone", when he's anything but. 

2nd... also, hey mods can we get a politics branch on the forum, just a suggestion for 08'... the thought of an election year is already giving me a headache

I'd caution against that, once that was established I'd fear we'd see a huge influx of people just popping up to argue in ALL CAPS and that'd simply be a waste of bandwidth.
YEAH!!

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »
I just think both these guys are full of themselves.

Well, in O'Reilly's case I've always thought he was full of shit.....so that's about right.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »

I like O'Reilly... and i watch his show quite a bit. The man created a news magazine that has been number one almost since the first day it aired. Which doesn't say much really, except that he's incredibly successful at what he does.

I think the positions he takes, and most of his views are pretty common sense. But people just absolutely hate the man so much that they can't stand to agree with him on anything. It's like he's become this symbol for people to hate. I'm not surprised to find out that the people who despise O'Reilly the most, have never even watched his show. Seriously... they'll watch clips online, or read some negative article about him somewhere. But they've never even sat down and watched his show once.

I'm not a fan of Keith Olbermann. But when he started to become this target of the right-wing, i decided to sit down and actually watch his show. And i still don't agree with him on much, but his show is very entertaining and he's a pretty funny guy. And for all the shit O'Reilly gets for being some kind of demagogue, Olbermann is much, much worse. But people love him because they agree with him, and they like his obvious liberal bias.

Anyway, O'Reilly is going to be around for a long time... and his show will be number one as long as it's on the air. A ridiculous amount of people watch him every single day. I know it sounds stupid and cliche, but... if you don't like his show, you don't have to watch. Why waste your time hating the man so much based on short clips and other people's blog entries? But to each his own, i guess. Hate away...

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9931
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:41 AM »
I find his writing about teenaged girls performing Oral Sex to be a little disquieting really.

My cable is so limited that i only have Fox (which might explain why it's numbers are so high I fancy, if the other two aren't available at certain levels of cable the playing field isn't exactly even) so I've watched O'Reilly a number of times a week. he really is an annoying bast but there's a car crash watchability to the show. More so than that Hannity and er I forget his name.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:45:04 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »
That's my point, I like the show but I don't agree with him.  Wrap your head around that.

Olberman is boring as far as I'm concerned.

and I don't like the Misfits either.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:41:57 AM by bettertomorrowamy »
On timeout

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »
Oh Come On! The Misfits!! You don't like them even a little??

I'll bet Bill O'Reilly might like them.. ::)

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
If Mr. O'Reilly says the Misfits are ok, then I might have to rethink my position....wait a minute....no I still think they suck.
On timeout

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »
Got to say I've never listened to them, what sort of music are they?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »
If Mr. O'Reilly says the Misfits are ok, then I might have to rethink my position....wait a minute....no I still think they suck.
:D :D :D
I Can Actually laugh at That!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:05 AM »
Late 80's-early 90's Punk Hard Rock is probably a good description..

Nirvana Unplugged did a couple of their tunes..

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »
I think the positions he takes, and most of his views are pretty common sense.

You mean like his saying that Al Quida is free to take out San Francisco?  That kind of common sense?

"'And if Al Qaeda comes in here [San Francisco] and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.'"

"'I think [the ACLU is] a terrorist group. They're terrorizin' me and my family. They're terrorizing me. I think they're terrorists.'"

(except when they're defending Rush Limbagh in his doctor shopping trial over privacy of medical records, I guess - which in this case they were wrong?)

"'You know, if Carter were president today, we'd all be speaking Arabic.'"

"'According to the lefty zealots, the white Christians who hold power must be swept out by a new multicultural tide, a rainbow coalition, if you will.'"

Or this comment he made about a rape and murder victim: "'wearing a miniskirt and a halter top. ... [E]very predator in the world is gonna pick that up at 2 in the morning.'"

(and having sexually harrassed at least one co-worker that we know of, he'd know a lot about being a predator, wouldn't he?)

Or his calling a nine-year Veteran who wants to be able to talk to high school students about some of the things Military Recruiters don't tell you about before signing you up (in an effort to help them make a more informed choice) "Anti-Military"?

Just to name a few....

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »
Wait, which songs were misfits covers?  I know there were Meat Puppets covers...
On timeout

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »
Late 80's-early 90's Punk Hard Rock is probably a good description..

Nirvana Unplugged did a couple of their tunes..

Ah, wouldn't be my cup of tea then.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 10:59:39 AM »
Wait, which songs were misfits covers?  I know there were Meat Puppets covers...
Oh Hell..

I got confused! It Was the Meat Puppets - Not the Misfits :P

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »
I have Meat Puppets II, the album those covers are from.  It's like low-production punk country.
On timeout