Author Topic: Original Battlestar Galactica Streaming On Netflix  (Read 5094 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Original Battlestar Galactica Streaming On Netflix
« on: August 05, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »
Yeah!  I never wanted to rent these, but I wanted to watch them so this is great.
On timeout

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: Original Battlestar Galactica Streaming On Netflix
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »
They started showing these on Space (Canadian cable sci-fi channel) a few months ago. It's their flavor of the year. Last year, they showed V - the TV series. *shudder*
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »
They started showing these on Space (Canadian cable sci-fi channel) a few months ago. It's their flavor of the year. Last year, they showed V - the TV series. *shudder*

Yeah, there's a toss-up.  Which series was worse?  You'd have to leave "Galactica '80" out of that because that show was not just the bottom of the barrel but the scrapings under the slime that covered the bottom of the barrel.

As far as "Cattlecar Galaxitive", I tried to give it another chance when the Sci-Fi Channel ran it as a lead up to the premier of the new one.  It still sucks.  And I can't even get a good laugh out of it because I know how it's failure screwed us out of a lot of good sci-fi over the years.

For instance, I'm sure that when Kenneth Johnson went to NBC about trying to make a series out of "V" when he finished the first mini-series - when it should have been done - what he heard was, "Well....you know, "Battlestar Galactica" couldn't make it and they had effects by those Star Wars guys...."    ::)

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
I'll agree with you that "V" is better than the original Battlestar Galactica.  But both have the same terrible acting that reminds me of Soap Operas.
On timeout

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »
I'll agree with you that "V" is better than the original Battlestar Galactica.  But both have the same terrible acting that reminds me of Soap Operas.

Kind of hard to do your best in front of an empty theater, I guess.  Although Robert Englund was always good (kind of buoyed by the fact that Nightmare on Elm Street was taking off maybe).

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:06:07 AM »
V was good despite its extreme eightiesness, it's rare you have a Sci-Fi miniseries inspired by Sinclair Lewis

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »
I'm sure "V" was made with the greatest intentions and inspirations, but when you go back and watch it not as a little kid, but as an adult, it is boring.
On timeout

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »
I could never get into the new Galactica... and I gave it a legit effort... but it just never clicked for me.

Now the original 1978-9 series is incredibly cheesy by today's standards... but at least it had a decent sense of adventure and fun to it. The new show is so damn bleak and gratingly depressing...  Not to mention the wonderful single numeric code that crippled all of humanties defenses... the aliens from Independance Day getting hacked by a Macintosh were running freakin Fort Knox by comparison.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3689
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
I could never get into the new Galactica... and I gave it a legit effort... but it just never clicked for me.

Now the original 1978-9 series is incredibly cheesy by today's standards... but at least it had a decent sense of adventure and fun to it. The new show is so damn bleak and gratingly depressing...  Not to mention the wonderful single numeric code that crippled all of humanties defenses... the aliens from Independance Day getting hacked by a Macintosh were running freakin Fort Knox by comparison.
I Agree.. The New Battlestar just never held my attention At All..
The Classic Battlestar that I grew up on (1978) was, and still is Awsome to me.
1980 Battlestar was 'tollerable' at best - Without the original cast though, it Failed Miserably!

• Mr Bungle
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:26:50 AM »

I Agree.. The New Battlestar just never held my attention At All..
The Classic Battlestar that I grew up on (1978) was, and still is Awsome to me.
1980 Battlestar was 'tollerable' at best - Without the original cast though, it Failed Miserably!

You two are crazy and I can't understand your languages.  The miniseries won me over, and the first season is awesome.  After the first season it did go downhill fast.
On timeout

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 11:28:04 AM »
It's this idea that Mopey = Deep

Plus it didn't have Count Iblis and that's a crying shame.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3689
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 11:35:19 AM »
It's this idea that Mopey = Deep

Plus it didn't have Count Iblis and that's a crying shame.

YES!!
EXACTLY!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 11:37:33 AM »
He should have definitely had more of a presence in the original show as well. Just him, not the glowing beings of light things.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 11:40:55 AM »
He should have definitely had more of a presence in the original show as well. Just him, not the glowing beings of light things.

Besides he was after June Lockhart's daughter and she was a better actress than any of the leads.  Faint praise that that is....

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

Besides he was after June Lockhart's daughter and she was a better actress than any of the leads.  Faint praise that that is....

Sheba?