Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS)  (Read 103637 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS)
« Reply #780 on: July 28, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »
Gee just when i think i'm out he pulls me back in.

...you can check out, but you can never leave.
Damn that Hotel California! :angry:

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #781 on: July 28, 2008, 01:57:53 PM »
Tomorrow this thread will be exactly one year old!

.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #782 on: July 28, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »
This thread'll be walking before you know it and drinking out of sippy cups.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #783 on: July 28, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
Kinda like 'Trapper-Keeper' Cartman.. :D :D :scared:

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #784 on: July 28, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »
I don't really think I am better than any of you, and even if I did, liking movies over other movies wouldn't be one of the reasons.

I, on the other hand, actually DO think I'm better than everybody else, and it ENTIRELY concerns which movies I like over other movies.  I mean, how else would I be able to calculate my own awesomeness?     

Doctor Who?

« Reply #785 on: July 28, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »
Hey i've got an idea.

Let's start a thread about how much we hate The Dark Knight then Doctor Sleepless will be forced to like it ;)

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #786 on: July 28, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »
I don't know I hated family guy before everyone did, and still do now. Then again for all I know you all may love family guy for being the greatest super hero movie of all time.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline Fortis

• Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #787 on: July 28, 2008, 07:23:58 PM »
I don't know I hated family guy before everyone did, and still do now. Then again for all I know you all may love family guy for being the greatest super hero movie of all time.

Actually i'm the greatest superhero of all time.

...just thought you should know.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #788 on: July 28, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »
What a terrible movie. Just another case of Hollywood hyping up a summer blockbuster that ultimately fails. So what was wrong with it? To begin with, the movie was FAR too long... there were scenes that needn't have been included, such as the board meeting, the guy attempting to blackmail Bruce Wayne, that whole bit about getting a new suit..

Christian Bale is the wrong choice for Batman and his voice was laughable.. he sounded like a constipated chain-smoker. Heath Ledger was above average as The Joker, but what was the deal with his having no origin? Was this movie supposed to be based on the animated series and not the comic book?

Unfortunately, there will undoubtedly be another sequel and the public will eat it up no matter how disgusting the film is. Me? I'd much rather have those campy Schumacher versions. At least they weren't overrated, terrible as they may have been.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #789 on: July 28, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »
what was the deal with his having no origin? Was this movie supposed to be based on the animated series and not the comic book?

As far as I know, he didn't really have an origin in the comics either.

Unfortunately, there will undoubtedly be another sequel and the public will eat it up no matter how disgusting the film is. Me? I'd much rather have those campy Schumacher versions. At least they weren't overrated, terrible as they may have been.

As bad as Shumacer? Come on. I think your indulging in a bit of hyperbole there.
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Offline Fortis

• Liked: 1
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • Jacob's blog on, life, the universe...everything!
« Reply #790 on: July 28, 2008, 08:36:13 PM »
What a terrible movie. Just another case of Hollywood hyping up a summer blockbuster that ultimately fails. So what was wrong with it? To begin with, the movie was FAR too long... there were scenes that needn't have been included, such as the board meeting, the guy attempting to blackmail Bruce Wayne, that whole bit about getting a new suit..

Seriously? I've been waiting for a movie that is long and paced like this. I'm kind of sick of 90 minute movies that are over SO fast, because there was no characterization whatsoever.

Christian Bale is the wrong choice for Batman and his voice was laughable.. he sounded like a constipated chain-smoker. Heath Ledger was above average as The Joker, but what was the deal with his having no origin? Was this movie supposed to be based on the animated series and not the comic book?

While the only other batman I've seen is Batman and Robin, Christian Bale was waaaaay better than the pretty boy in that movie. At least Christian Bale can act. And I liked his voice.

Darth Vader was the best villain because he didn't have an origin story. Then they went and made one, and Joker has replaced him on my list for coolest villain.

I went into this movie with the highest expectations I've ever had with a movie, and I was completely blown away. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it didn't disappoint. I'm completely floored at the quality of work the Nolan brothers keep putting out there. I'm awaiting their next movie, be it batman or not, with great anticipation.

But hey, if you felt that way more power to you, I just think that is a little extreme. Maybe you and Dok should hang out.  :-\

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #791 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
Let's just move it along, people...don't let this happen to you:

[yt=425,350]bUQfHRfX2o8[/yt]

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #792 on: July 28, 2008, 09:22:54 PM »
You can always tell when someone ONLY hates something because everyone likes it.  You can say "I didn't enjoy this film" and be fine, but to call it a terrible movie?  That's just not true no matter how you slice it.  Even if you hated it, you can still recognize it as at least decent.

Offline Wheaty Petestraw

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #793 on: July 28, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »
You can always tell when someone ONLY hates something because everyone likes it.  You can say "I didn't enjoy this film" and be fine, but to call it a terrible movie?  That's just not true no matter how you slice it.  Even if you hated it, you can still recognize it as at least decent.

Incorrect. I went into the movie really wanting to like it and only came out majorly disappointed. That's like saying I don't like Britney Spears because she's sold millions of records, when in all actuality, I just dislike her.. um.. music, if that's what you want to call it. Even if I went into the theater with NO expectations, I still would have been disappointed. I mean, come on... a trace on cell phones that allows Batman to see through echoes? That's just silly. Like I said before, I would much rather watch the campy Schumacher versions of Batman. At least those don't take themselves seriously. Are you guys really telling me that aside from Ledger's performance, you actually found the movie to be good? Here's to hoping that there's a Rifftrax for The Dark Knight.
my entry made my girlfriend laugh a few times, the best I can hope for really.

I'd say Whalberg definately qualifies as really good.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #794 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43:32 PM »

No, Ingrown Asshair just likes being negative about everything. I'd be surprised to find something that he DOESN'T hate.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:52:10 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!