Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS)  (Read 116141 times)

Offline The Dark Knight

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Badass Batman
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS)
« Reply #750 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore him because this movie is the highest IMDB rating movie after 20,000 scores and I mean look at this box office wise. It hit 300M in 10 days. Thats never happen before. Not to mention this movie has a standing 96% RT rating on RottenTomatoe compared to the previous films 84%. If anything he is fighting against a system that is just gonna demolish him in the facts we have.

He's the hero that Gotham deserves
But not the one it needs right now
And so we'll hunt him... Because he can take it
Because he's not a hero... He's a silent guardian
A watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #751 on: July 27, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »
So do you think it will beat Indy 4?

before it was released I heard a bunch of movie people say that there is no way a July movie can beat a may movie.

Do we have the numbers for Indy 4 yet?

I think Indy 4 had just as many problems as the Star Wars prequels and it would be nice to see the best movie make the most money for a change.

Offline Nick

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #752 on: July 27, 2008, 09:35:19 AM »
This was Indy 4's total gross as of last week.

$312,569,461
Killing me won't bring back your Goddamned honey!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #753 on: July 27, 2008, 09:39:54 AM »
10 days of TDK have come within $12 million of beating Indy after nearly 3 months.

Nice to see a good movie winning.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the fact that Sky Captain didn't make a profit.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #754 on: July 27, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »
Yeah I think around this time when I told you how this was one boring film in my opinion you asked me for my favorites and I decided to give you the all time favorite. I did, and you never replied.

I'm going to go with I won't reply to that post because it's umm...well simply put "it's brilliant how you make a bad guy with no back story." Yeah though, oldboy. Check it out.

I thought you said you were leaving this thread for good? Is The Dark Knight's success making you so angry you've reneged on your vow?
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #755 on: July 27, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »
I thought you all said I wasn't worth the hassle and then started to talk shit about me when I left. I honestly don't know what you all have against me. You say opinions are fine, and that is what I started with. I talked about the movie and why I didn't really like it. That is when you all attacked me and when I came back at you with the equal kind of logic of "lolz if a lot of people like something that means it's good". Facts? Last I checked Spiderman 3 was on the list of highest grossing, as well as Star Wars one. Titanic? IMDB is unfortunately only frequented by people who know eff all about films. I don't really think I am better than any of you, and even if I did, liking movies over other movies wouldn't be one of the reasons. It is important to actually live what we preach. If opinions are fine, stop getting pissy and flamy at my original post that absolutely had nothing deragotory to say to any of the fans of this movie. I like Hot Shots one and two. I don't challenge people to fights because they don't see the genius and re-invention in it. I admit it kind of sucks but I really love anything with Ryan Styles in it. I'm not comparing the films on the same level as they both set out to do different things. I am just giving an example as how I can actually respect peoples opinions and have a conversation with them on how I dissagree.

Also I don't see what me having criticisms on the movie and not thinking it was the best movie of the year and Ledger not deserving an oscar have to do with Mike not christian.

Me: Looks like it's raining.
You: Oh so what, you're a communist now?

^^that kind of logic I'm arguing against.
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #756 on: July 27, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »
You coming back just proves my original point from way back, regarding mean-spirited nerds. You don't hate this movie because you think it's a bad movie, you hate it because almost everybody else likes it. And somewhere in that steel case you call a skull, you honestly believe that everybody else is stupid - so if we like it, you can't like it. You decided ahead of time that you weren't going to like it, and nothing anybody else (including the movie) says or does is going to shake you of that resolve.

The fact that you couldn't stay out of the thread despite claiming not to care about the rest of our opinions (and in fact have probably posted more over the past 4 pages than any other one person) is proof that you really do care about our opinions - because you must be in opposition to them at all costs.

Incidentally, WHY are you posting on an internet forum if you don't care about the opinions of others? I believe you will find that Notepad serves your opinion sharing requirements quite nicely.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Doktor Sleepless

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #757 on: July 27, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »
So far the only time hate has been used concerning this movie, is you all saying I hate it. I said I liked the movie several times. However like everything I like and dislike there are both good and bad things I like about it. I voted for Shawshank Redemption in that little vs thread, does that mean I voted for it a majority amount of times myself? Several people on this board have talked about films I have watched, hell Oldboy who's dick I suck a hell of a lot is one of the most hipsteriffic movies out there. We often hate the qualities in others we hate in ourselves, friend.

Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone. (:
Round about now! Since they say! I am the sexiest man in Jamaica!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #758 on: July 27, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

On timeout

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #759 on: July 27, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
Bahahaaa   ^
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #761 on: July 27, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the fact that Sky Captain didn't make a profit.

I had a bad taste in my mouth when I left the theater after seeing Sky Captain.

You can have all the visuals in the world and they couldn't help me stay awake through that movie.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 624
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #762 on: July 27, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
There is SO much that I'd like to discuss about TDK (much like the way I am with Nolan's "Memento"), but here's the only thing I need to know right now.  Is telling somebody that Two-Face is in the movie a spoiler?  Here's what happened:  My friend (who hadn't seen the movie) was told in detail about the "magic pencil" act.  He doesn't consider this a spoiler.  But seconds later, I mention Two-Face and he gets indignant that I ruined that for him.  That's a crock of shit if you ask me.  Your thoughts?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #763 on: July 27, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »
There is SO much that I'd like to discuss about TDK (much like the way I am with Nolan's "Memento"), but here's the only thing I need to know right now.  Is telling somebody that Two-Face is in the movie a spoiler?  Here's what happened:  My friend (who hadn't seen the movie) was told in detail about the "magic pencil" act.  He doesn't consider this a spoiler.  But seconds later, I mention Two-Face and he gets indignant that I ruined that for him.  That's a crock of shit if you ask me.  Your thoughts?

Punch him in the face and show him a magic trick.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #764 on: July 27, 2008, 05:15:10 PM »

I purposefully said nothing about Two Face around one of the friends I went with on Friday.  I knew one of them was a Batman fan and the other was only a recent covert to things Batman after she watched Begins.  I didn't want to hint at what happened because I wanted to know her reaction.  (I've also taken the opportunity with another friend I figured out knew practically nothing about Star Wars, so I showed them to her so I could get her take on the "surprises" in the series.) 

Did your friend know Batman characters at all?  If he didn't know them well I can see that as a spoiler, but any fan of the comics, animated series, or who's seen Batman Forever should have known Harvey Dent leads to Two-Face.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky