Author Topic: Batman and Robin  (Read 13242 times)

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
Re: Batman and Robin
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 06:09:30 AM »
B&R was a real stupid cheese fest, plus you got George Clooney as a bad batman, Arnie being well Arnie and Robin with a stupid ear piercing to make him appear 'hip'  ::)
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 07:06:27 AM »
Joel Schumacher reminds me of the flambuoyantly gay director of "Springtime for Hitler" original version of The Producers (y'know...the one that didn't suck).

What was wrong with the film of the musical? I liked it. Both it and the 1968 film are very, very funny. 8)

The new movie version sucked.  In my opinion, anyway.  The lack of LSD made it significantly less funny, by my tastes.  You may disagree.  The remake (er...maybe it's technically a film adaptation of a theater adaptation of a film) DID get panned, though.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
Joel Schumacher reminds me of the flambuoyantly gay director of "Springtime for Hitler" original version of The Producers (y'know...the one that didn't suck).

What was wrong with the film of the musical? I liked it. Both it and the 1968 film are very, very funny. 8)

The new movie version sucked.  In my opinion, anyway.  The lack of LSD made it significantly less funny, by my tastes.  You may disagree.  The remake (er...maybe it's technically a film adaptation of a theater adaptation of a film) DID get panned, though.

What bugged me about the movie of the musical was that it seemed like it was a filmed version of the musical on stage, with the actors constantly mugging for and playing to a live audience that just wasn't there.  When you go to Broadway and see a show, and after every number the actors hold their pose so the audience can clap, that's fine.  In a movie theater, the audience is pretty guaranteed not to break out in applause after every musical number, and so there's just this awkward silence after every song.  It was just...weird.

Also, Batman and Robin might honestly be the most stupid movie I've ever seen in my life.  I hope they don't riff it, just because I wouldn't wish the pain of that movie on anybody.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 11:11:10 AM »
I can't put my finger on precisely what was wrong with the new Producers (Besides Uma Thurman. Yuck.), but I can tell you that I've seen the show on Broadway and even though the movie is virtually identical it just wasn't nearly as fun. The original movie is far superior. One of the few Mel Brooks movies I haven't grown out of.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:25:26 PM by The Sharktopus »

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »
Why is there discussion of The Producers in a Batman & Robin thread? Don't make me use the "Split Topic" button! Back on topic!

I, personally, would love to see Batman & Robin riffed. I wasn't a big fan of Forever and therefore didn't bother to see this one. I am aware of a "bat credit card" and "bat ice skates" so I can only imagine. Oh and I think I got to see Ahnuld say "Everybody chill!" or "Stay cool!" or something equally inane.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »
Ahlou me ta breeak da eise! Da name is Freesse. Leurn it vell. For it eez zee SHEELING souchnd of yo DEUM!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:37:57 PM by Pak-Man »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 04:36:22 PM »
Oh. And "Ice to see you." He honestly and for truely says "Ice to see you." YOU DID NOT DREAM IT! HE SAID "ICE TO SEE YOU!" :^)

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 04:41:28 PM »
Ahlou me ta breeak da eise! Da name is Freesse. Leurn it vell. For it eez zee SHEELING souchnd of yo DEUM!

First time i looked over that i SWEAR i thought you had written something in German... Let me try and translate:

"Allow me to break the ice! The name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it is the 'sheeling' sound of your doom"

No idea what sheeling is, i'm afraid

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »
Hehe. That would be Chilling. :^)

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »
Hehe. That would be Chilling. :^)

Dammit! Of course  ;D

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2006, 09:29:22 PM »
It's a shame you guys can't hear me, because I do a damn good Arnold voice. I know everybody does it, but mine is better. (I'm so modest.) But what's really fun is my roomate does a hilarious Macho Man Randy Savage, so we have long, stupid converstions as Arnold and Randy. Actually, it's probably better that you can't hear me...

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 05:04:17 AM »
It's a shame you guys can't hear me, because I do a damn good Arnold voice. I know everybody does it, but mine is better. (I'm so modest.) But what's really fun is my roomate does a hilarious Macho Man Randy Savage, so we have long, stupid converstions as Arnold and Randy. Actually, it's probably better that you can't hear me...

Don't get out much, hey Sharkey?

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »
According to an extremely funny Dallas stand-up comic, Ahnold says three words in every movie he stars in:

GET OUT!

GRAB MY HAND!

and the final one:

AAAHYAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

;D

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 07:38:38 AM »
If you watch True Lies, the part where Arnold declares a thumb war on Jamie Lee Curtis and Eliza Dushku?  If you watch that shot of his face in slow-motion, it is quite simply the most terrifying thing you will ever see. 

And, Batman and Robin still sucks! (for on-topicness)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 09:00:06 PM »

Don't get out much, hey Sharkey?

I've heard tell of this "Out." Is it as nice as they say?