login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1560337 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6326
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20505 on: July 25, 2020, 05:51:13 AM »
RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! My brother is in the hospital ICU with acute pancreatitis. I blame myself, for thinking that 2020 couldn't possibly get worse.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #20506 on: July 28, 2020, 06:01:44 AM »
And now the company I work for has announced they will be doing layoffs. They haven't told us who or how much yet, but it is still incredibly stressful.

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 150
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #20507 on: July 28, 2020, 02:03:13 PM »
And now the company I work for has announced they will be doing layoffs. They haven't told us who or how much yet, but it is still incredibly stressful.

Sorry to hear that, Darth, hope they pass you by.

Also sorry to hear about your brother, is he doing any better now?
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #20508 on: July 28, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »

Surprisingly quickly, they did the layoffs this morning. SO this afternoon they were able to tell us that the rest of us were safe. It's still a bit shocking. Hopefully it staves off issues until after this economic crisis is over.

My brother is not doing well. They had to give him a tracheotomy this morning so that he could breath properly. I will be visiting him this Saturday.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4605
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20509 on: August 01, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »
Very sorry to hear this Darth.

I've had issues with my right foot (specifically my big toe) for a few years now and it's been determined that arthritis has set in around the joint. It's really noticeable when there's rainy weather or when it's cold..
Thursday I had to go to the foot doctor for similar pains in my left foot (specifically around my second toe next to my big toe).. The doctor gave me a cortisone shot in the joint that seemed to clear it up. Then this morning I'm moving a hoist to change a couple light bulbs in the post office and my left big toe gets caught by the manual brake and bends 2/3rds of my toe nail all the way back and it starts bleeding through my sock. I had to snap my toe nail back into position myself.. It was very excruciating to say the least :gouge: There's a pretty good chance I'm going to lose the entire toe nail as it's mostly black and blue now.
At the rate I'm going, I'll be a gimp by the time I retire in 11 years :-[

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 505
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #20510 on: August 02, 2020, 08:12:34 AM »
Post Office just screwed over my big present for my kid's 2 year old birthday. His favorite thing is an obscure kid's show (it's called Dave & Ava). They don't make any merchandise or figures or anything. So I wind up going on Etsy and find a shirt with the characters on it. Even better, I can design it for his 2nd birthday. Anything out of the TV and in his hands kinda blows his mind. So no price was too high for this thing. I found it pretty late, so I put a faster shipping order on it. Contacted the sellers who were happy to get it out asap.

I got the notification from USPS yesterday that it was delivered yesterday (suspiciously exactly at 12:00pm). Sometimes these things are a day late. It's 5pm the next day. His birthday is tomorrow morning at 10am. I had a $500 sound system delivered just fine earlier this week. I cared more about this present. I had a crown put in on Thursday, yet *this* is the most painful thing that's happened this week.
The carriers are not supposed to scan something delivered until it is physically placed at your front door, mail box,  etc. I would take your tracking number to your local post office this morning talk to a supervisor or postmaster and have them investigate where it was delivered to. They can pull up a GPS pic of the delivery scan.
That's totally unacceptable for something to be scanned delivered when it actually wasn't! >:(

Update on this. Boy, was this a fiasco! I went to my nearest P.O. two Saturdays ago and gave them the tracking number. Turns out our house is right on the cusp of another location. They couldn't give me the coordinates but gave me the ph# of the other location I should contact. Called and got no answer, and I had to get home to my kid's bday party asap. Figured he would get it on his actual bday. Flagged down our mail delivery later later that afternoon. It was her first day back in weeks due to surgery. She told me how her back-up messed up a ton of people's mail. Wow.

For the next several days, I called and got no answer. My wife surprised me and made a special trip on his actual birthday to be told it was definitely delivered in our neighborhood. Had some peace of mind about that, but I planned to go door-to-door around the neighborhood my next available chance (which would be the following Saturday [yesterday]). So I'm out doing my Saturday errands and have to come home early for reasons. We get a knock on our door. It's one of our neighbors saying they were gone for a few weeks, checked their mail, and got a bunch of ours which, of course, included my kid's t-shirt.

So my kid finally gets his present (two weeks later). We put it on him, and he has a total conniption about wearing it. And that's life with kids. I'm just glad it's over. Appreciate the assistance, RVR! Didn't know about the geolocation part.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:59:20 AM by stansimpson »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4605
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20511 on: August 02, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »
Appreciate the assistance, RVR! Didn't know about the geolocation part.
Glad this got worked out. Yeah that's a little trick the supervisors and managers use to find lost packages and the carrier is usually on the receiving end of a serious ass-chewing including some form of punishment.

Been dealing with a dumbass ebay buyer for the last 24 hours that bought a quilt set from me and claimed it was not as described because he says it was too small for his bed set, yet for a return option chose 'ordered wrong item' or something to that effect.. He didn't realize he had a Cal/King size bed with King size shams and bought my King size set which included standard size shams until he received it then tried to claim I misrepresented the item in the description even though I listed the dimensions of the set clearly on the listing description. ::)
Back and forth all damn day I go with this guy by ebay messages and I even had an ebay rep by chat rule in my favor as well as another rep that called me to reconfirm that this guy was in the wrong.
Bottom line, he was trying to weasel out of paying return shipping costs trying to get me to cover the return shipping costs for His mistake but I wasn't backing down and ebay had my back as well..
I'll be adding this ebayer to my Blocked bidder/buyer list for sure! Friggin goof!! :angry:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #20512 on: August 02, 2020, 08:09:37 PM »

My brother is not doing well. They had to give him a tracheotomy this morning so that he could breath properly. I will be visiting him this Saturday.
I visited my brother yesterday. He's still in the ICU and they are keeping him sedated pretty much all the time because of the pain from the Pancreatitis. So he was sleeping the whole time I was in the room. It's disturbing to see him like this. Although he does seem to be a little less bloated than he was in the pictures my parents sent me the first few days.
Right now they are trying to wean him off needing the ventilator to breathe all the time.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 960
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #20513 on: August 03, 2020, 05:47:28 PM »

I visited my brother yesterday. He's still in the ICU and they are keeping him sedated pretty much all the time because of the pain from the Pancreatitis. So he was sleeping the whole time I was in the room. It's disturbing to see him like this. Although he does seem to be a little less bloated than he was in the pictures my parents sent me the first few days.
Right now they are trying to wean him off needing the ventilator to breathe all the time.

Ouch. I've had Pancreatitis (in my case from alcoholism), and it quite sucks. How long has he been in for? It took me 10 days, about half of which was in the ICU. Why is he on a ventilator though? I wasn't aware pancreatitis caused breathing problems. I know hospitals don't like to keep patients on ventilators for more than a week, because of the difficulty getting them off it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #20514 on: August 03, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »

Ouch. I've had Pancreatitis (in my case from alcoholism), and it quite sucks. How long has he been in for? It took me 10 days, about half of which was in the ICU. Why is he on a ventilator though? I wasn't aware pancreatitis caused breathing problems. I know hospitals don't like to keep patients on ventilators for more than a week, because of the difficulty getting them off it.
He's been in for about ten or 11 days I think. He's on the ventilator because the pancreatitis is apparently causing swelling in various areas, including his throat. He had a breathing tube at first, but what time he was awake he tried to pull it out and that caused more swelling problems, so they had to do a tracheotomy. The pancreatitis is also so painful that they are keeping him extremely sedated pretty much all the time.