login

Author Topic: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!  (Read 1656755 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1267
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
Re: RRRRRAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #20475 on: May 21, 2020, 07:30:28 PM »
Sort of a RaaghhWhoo

I ordered a CD off Amazon a few months ago. I assumed it was being shipped by Amazon since it was eligible for Amazon Prime, but no. Turned out they shipped it second class mail, which can't be tracked. Two months later, no CD. I got Amazon to refund me the money, and guess what showed up on my doorstep two days later. I had already bought it from somewhere else by that point, so now I have two.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5327
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #20476 on: May 28, 2020, 01:05:05 PM »
Received a delinquent county tax bill for my Spanish-Services business ... for 2010 ???
I never even knew I had this county tax for my business before! They're claiming I owe them $437.64 based on an Assessed Value of $990.00, and an Appraised Value of $9429.00 so they claim a Base tax of $380.56 + a Delinquent Penalty of $57.08 for a grand total of $437.64 even though I ran my business out of my home the entire time with my late wife so I have no clue what they think I'm to be taxed on ???
I tried to contact the County Tax Assessor's office only to reach an automated message each time so I instead contacted my Legal Shield attorneys and sent a scan of the tax bill to them to dispute its validity.. To my knowledge there is a 10 year statute of limitations on any Federal, State, or County Taxes so if by some off the wall chance the bill is valid, I can continue to dispute it until January 15, 2021 when it reaches the 10 year mark and then I can get my attorneys to expunge the debt based on it passing the statute.
Waiting on my attorneys to contact me to see how to proceed..

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 383
« Reply #20477 on: May 28, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
Tax bill from 10 years ago would piss me off.
Town here tried to pass a one time assessment to widen a road that doesn't need widening and would cut the front yards of some residents along the road to only 6 feet. Not dead yet, just tabled. Attempting to recall the SOB on the town council who is pushing it. Just so happens the company he owns is the company that would be doing the road work.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20478 on: May 28, 2020, 04:54:31 PM »
Tax bill from 10 years ago would piss me off.
Yeah I was pretty livid about it..
Probably a good thing I couldn't get through to the tax assessor's office as I would have gone off on them!!
The county auditor told me that they sent out over 17000 delinquent tax bills and that's probably why I couldn't get through but after thinking about the best way to fight this, I contacted my Legal Shield attorneys to see what they recommend.
If it's a legit option, I'll hold out and battle any debt collection agency that acquires my delinquent debt for the remaining 7 months till I reach that 10 year statute of limitations mark and then tell them and the county to go pound sand! >:(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20479 on: May 29, 2020, 12:11:00 PM »
And then I come home to discover water dripping from my dining room ceiling fan!  :grr:
Turns out my brand new HVAC unit in the attic has condensation dripping off the ventilation duct work and missing the drip pan by a foot.
Called up the guy that installed it and he'll be here within the hour to move the drip pan where it needs to be to catch the condensation so it drains properly.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3233
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20480 on: May 29, 2020, 01:07:29 PM »
And then I come home to discover water dripping from my dining room ceiling fan!  :grr:
Turns out my brand new HVAC unit in the attic has condensation dripping off the ventilation duct work and missing the drip pan by a foot.
Called up the guy that installed it and he'll be here within the hour to move the drip pan where it needs to be to catch the condensation so it drains properly.

That's not supposed to happen if the duct work is properly insulated and sealed, the drip pan is only supposed to be for an emergency if the drain on the evaporator clogs and overflows.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20481 on: May 29, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »

That's not supposed to happen if the duct work is properly insulated and sealed, the drip pan is only supposed to be for an emergency if the drain on the evaporator clogs and overflows.
They just left and the underside was properly insulated but not properly sealed. The humidity has been oppressive here lately (Dew points in the 70s).. We managed to slide the drip pan up almost a foot to catch the condensation for now to stop the leak through the dining room ceiling fan and says that he and his partner will come back out Wednesday morning and redo the underside where it's leaking and yes it is 100% covered by them.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20482 on: May 29, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »

They just left and the underside was properly insulated but not properly sealed. The humidity has been oppressive here lately (Dew points in the 70s).. We managed to slide the drip pan up almost a foot to catch the condensation for now to stop the leak through the dining room ceiling fan and says that he and his partner will come back out Wednesday morning and redo the underside where it's leaking and yes it is 100% covered by them.

So is the drip pan still under the evaporator?  Better hope the drain stays clear while it's moved.  :scared:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20483 on: May 29, 2020, 04:03:40 PM »

So is the drip pan still under the evaporator?  Better hope the drain stays clear while it's moved.  :scared:
Yes. Only issue in the meantime is getting my ceiling fan to dry out to see if it still works properly :-\

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20484 on: May 29, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »
Only issue in the meantime is getting my ceiling fan to dry out to see if it still works properly :-\

Does it have a remote control or does it work on the pull chains?  The pull chain type should be fine, if it has a remote you'll have to find the board and make sure it's completely dry before testing it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #20485 on: May 30, 2020, 12:33:08 AM »
Only issue in the meantime is getting my ceiling fan to dry out to see if it still works properly :-\

Does it have a remote control or does it work on the pull chains?  The pull chain type should be fine, if it has a remote you'll have to find the board and make sure it's completely dry before testing it.
It has chains but it has a dedicated wall switch to turn it on and off.
Turned it on just now and it was slow to start but spinning fine now.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20486 on: May 30, 2020, 01:12:24 AM »

It has chains but it has a dedicated wall switch to turn it on and off.
Turned it on just now and it was slow to start but spinning fine now.

I would let it run on high for a while to warm it up well and dry out the motor to stop any rust from forming.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
« Reply #20487 on: May 30, 2020, 08:46:23 AM »
Got a box from Amazon today. Every film I had ordered in the past few months, and another replacement set of the Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray Collector's Set.There are a couple of ways of looking at it. The Python replacement set was expedited, so only took about 15 days for the defective set to be returned and the replacement to arrive. On the other hand, all the other stuff I ordered was suppose to arrive last week, until they decided to ship it in the same box as the replacement set, so they all took an extra week to arrive.

Oh...and the Python set was once again used. No plastic bag on the outside, worn disks, and the person who previously owned it was one of those people who fold the corners of books to mark the pages they last read, so a lot of pages in the limited edition books that came along with the set have diagonal crease lines in the top corners. So immediately contacted Amazon again. This time using a texting app? I guess all of their phone operators are quarantined. Anyway, I was this close to just demanding a refund and ordering directly from Network ( even if I have to pay the extra $30 on their site ) when the Amazon employee said he was sending me a $50 gift card should I agree to ask for the item to be replaced instead of refund. I think this will be attempt #10 to get a factory new copy of the set.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #20488 on: May 30, 2020, 09:08:28 AM »
That is getting crazy, I was thinking it would have been acceptable if the discs played, but the folded pages of the books is unacceptable.   That means someone had that set for quite a while and then returned it after reading the books, hate people like that....

If you get a new one don't judge it by how tight the plastic wrap is on the outside, mine had very odd and lose plastic around the box but the set was pristine.  And as I mentioned before had a very strong odor that took several days sitting opened up in the basement to get rid of.  The season sets and books didn't smell, it was the box, probably the ink.

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
« Reply #20489 on: May 30, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »

If you get a new one don't judge it by how tight the plastic wrap is on the outside, mine had very odd and lose plastic around the box but the set was pristine. 

I am aware about the loose plastic bag. But it is a giveaway when it is not put back in the bag properly but just jammed into it. Also, if the bag is wrinkled as if it was balled up and jammed somewhere after it was initially removed. Also, a few times when it came with no bag.